Essay Instructions: Whole Foods Market - 2000-2500 word research paper which includes an introduction and a thesis statement, a body with supporting evidence and in-tex citations, a conclusion and a reference list APA guidelines. Choose three organizational behavior main concepts. Research should uncover how your selected organization successfully uses, or suffers by ignoring any three of these concepts: Decision Making, Motivation, Group Behavior, Communication, Power and Politics, Organizational Structure, Organizational Culture, Human resources Practices, or Change Management.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Whole Foods:
Identify one Balancing Loop and one Reinforcing Loop. These feedback loops should be critical to Whole Foods Market's performance and success.
Explain each one of these loops - what are the causal factors and how do they affect each other. For the Reinforcing Loop, look for an area where there is growth. For the Balancing Loop, look for goal behavior. Once you have identified and explained these critical feedback loops, identify how Whole Foods Market has generated organizational learning, and how they can go further and generate additional organizational learning. What do they need to do to improve their performance further?
Customer is requesting that (Assco5522) completes this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 2 Words: 711 References: 4 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: Whole Foods Market
1. What is Whole Foods Market?s strategy for success in the marketplace? Does the company rely primarily on a customer intimacy, operational excellence, or product leadership customer value proposition? What evidence supports your conclusion?
2. What business risks does Whole Foods Market face that may threaten its ability to satisfy stockholder expectations? What are some examples of control activities that the company could use to reduce these risks?
3. Create an excerpt of an organization chart for Whole Foods Market. Do not try to create an organization chart for the entire company?it would be overwhelming! Pick a portion of the company and depict how the company organizes itself. (Hint: Study the 2004 Global All-Stars mentioned in the annual report.) Mention by name three employees that occupy line positions and three employees that occupy staff positions.
4. Compare and contrast Whole Foods Market?s mission statement with the Johnson & Johnson Credo shown on page 16.
5. Compare and contrast Whole Foods Market?s mission statement and its code of business conduct.
The questions in this exercise are based on Dell, Inc. To answer the questions, you will need to download Dell?s 2005 Form 10-K (http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/826083//d22995e10vk.htm#toc). You do not need to print this document in order to answer the questions.
1. What is Dell?s strategy for success in the marketplace? Does the company rely primarily on a customer intimacy, operational excellence, or product leadership customer value proposition? What evidence supports your conclusion?
2. What business risks does Dell face that may threaten its ability to satisfy stockholder expectations? What are some examples of control activities that the company could use to reduce these risks? (Hint: Focus on pages 7?10 of the 10-K.)
3. How has the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 explicitly affected the disclosures contained in Dell?s 10-K report?
4. Is Dell a merchandiser or a manufacturer? What information contained in the 10-K sup- ports your answer?
5. What are some examples of direct and indirect inventoriable costs for Dell? Why has Dell?s gross margin (in dollars) steadily increased from 2003 to 2005, yet the gross margin as a percentage of net revenue has only increased slightly?
6. What is the inventory balance on Dell?s January 28, 2005 balance sheet? Why is the inventory balance so small compared to the other current asset balances? What competitive advantage does Dell derive from its low inventory levels? Page 27 of Dell?s 10-K reports a figure called the cash conversion cycle. The cash conversion cycle for Dell has consistently been negative. Is this a good sign for Dell or a bad sign? Why?
7. Describe some of the various types of operating expenses incurred by Dell. Why are these expenses treated as period costs?
8. List four different cost objects for Dell. For each cost object, mention one example of a direct cost and an indirect cost.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: I mentioned that I want 15 resources but you don't have to use that many, just use what you need like for the financial information.
This project is a very specific business plan on an idea. The idea that was chosen is to develop a section at Whole Foods that customers can come in to the store pick any kind of meat and take it to a certain section of the store and have a chef cook it for them. The cost of this service will be $5 plus the cost of the meat that is selected. The customer is also given a choice as to whether or not they want to actually learn to cook the meats.This is expected to bring in revenues for the stores because not only are more people that aren't sure how to cook meat going to buy more meat but it will also bring in more shoppers that are more than likely to buy other products in the store and increase revenue that way as well. What is needed for this business plan are the following things under the following headings:
SBP Concept List
-The inspiration of the new business concept
-Mission and Vision of the Concept and also description of the mission and vision (approx. 1 page)
-The business proposed products and service
-The business environment in which the new business must operate (e.g. the important assumptions and constraints about customers, competitors, products, and markets you must know to be successful--Think Porter's five forces as a beginning)
-The basic business strategy and operating concept that will be followed to achieve success (e.g. differentiation or low cost product)
-A SWOT Analysis
-A risk analysis identifying foreseen risks and their respective mitigation
-An action plan (how,where, when we will start up, organize, finance, and staff the new business)
-5 year financial projections for the new business (return on investment, cost/income, sensitivity analysis, etc.)
Some questions and answers for this assignment:
first: about the assignment next week, should we give a number of how much we need to start the project?
Yes. You need to give a simple answer that it is going to take $x.xx and x number of months to get started.
second: I did a search about the income for Whole Foods but I didn't find any thing about their income or how many customers they have everyday, so can I estimate a number?
I would suggest that you find their annual report (on their website under a topic / page like "Investors" and see their annual profit. Use that as the basis for per store profits (based on total store count).You may search for the average "basket value" for Whole Foods shoppers. This is a measure of the checkout value per customer. It may lead you to the information you need.
5- about the action plan you have to give an information about whole food and how many stores around the state they have and where are they and which state has largest number of branches and from which state we have to start and in how many stores we have to start with and where are they?
and how we gonna extend in the future? and should the customer make a reservation before or not?and how long its need to cook for the customer? and how many customer can one chef help at the same time? and can the customer bring their own steak ? the answer is no because of the polices of the whole food.
and about the financial part:
1- you have to focus about how many store and how many meals
2- how we gonna make the prices " it will be according to the stake + 5$ "
3- the financial plan has to be each quarter year and in each one 3 months month by month.
4- add to the end of the schedule of the financial increase store profitability for example we are going to have 15% more customers come to the store and 5% more in the sales.
5- we have always to expect "break even by itself" and the income should be around 14% and within 5 years we have to double the profit.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..