Essay Instructions: Management Information Systems ? Information Security
Text: Michael E. Whitman & Herbert J. Mattord , Principles of Information Security ? 4th Edition ?- Cengage
Read chapters 4,5,6 and & 7. Write an 8 page paper answering the Case Exercise Questions below:
As Charlie wrapped up the meeting, he ticked off a few key reminders for everyone involved in the asset identification project.
?Okay, everyone, before we finish, please remember that you should try to make your asset lists complete, but be sure to focus your attention on the more valuable assets first. Also, remember that we evaluate our assets based in business impact to profitability first, and then economic cost of placement. Make sure you check with me about any questions that come up. We will schedule our next meeting in two weeks, so please have your draft inventories ready?
1) Did Charlie effectively organize the work before the meeting? Why or why not? Make a list of the important issues you think should be covered by the work plan. For each issue provide a short explanation.
2) Will the company get useful information from the team it has assembled? Why or why not?
3) Why might some attendees resist the goals of the meeting? Does it seem that each person invited was briefed on the importance of the event and the issues behind it?
Charlie sat at his desk the morning after his nightmare. He had answered the most pressing email in his inbox and had a piping hot cup of coffee at his elbow. He looked down at a blank legal pad ready to make notes about what to do in case his nightmare became reality.
1) What would be the first note you would write down if you were Charlie?
2) What else should be on Charlie?s list?
The next morning at 8am, Kelvin called the meeting to order. The first person to address the group was the network design consultant, Susan Hamir. She reviewed the critical points from her earlier design report, going over the options it had presented and outlining the tradeoffs in those design choices. When she finished, she sat down and Kelvin addressed the group again. ?We need to break the logjam on this design issue. We have all the right people in the room to make the right choice for the company. Now here are the questions I want us to consider over the next three hours.? Kelvin pressed the key on his PC to show a slide with a list of discussion questions on the projector screen.
1) What questions do you think Kelvin should have included on his slide to start the discussion?
2) If the questions to be answered were broken down into two categories, they would be cost versus maintaining high security while kkeping flexibility. Which is most important for SLS?
Miller Harrison was still working his way down his attack protocol. Nmap started out as it usually did: giving the program identification and version number. Then it started reporting back on the first host in the SLS network. It reported all of the open ports on this server. Then the program moved on to a second host and began reporting back open ports on that system, too. Once it reached the third host, however, it suddenly stopped. Miller restarted Nmap, using the last host IP as the starting point for the next scan. No response, he opened up another command window and tried to ping the first host he had just port-scanned. No luck. He tried to ping SLS firewall. Nothing. He happened to know the IP address for the SLS edge router. He pinged that and got the same result. He had been blackholes ? meaning his IP address had been put on a list of addresses from which the SLS edge router would no longer accept packets. This was, ironically, his own doing. The IDPS he had been helping SLS configure seemed to be working just fine at the moment. His attempt to hack the SLS network was shut down cold.
1) Do you think Miller is out of options as he pursues his vendetta? If you think there are additional actions he could take in his efforts to damage the SLS network, what are they?
2) Suppose a system administrator at SLS happened to read the details of this case. What steps should he or she take to improve the company?s information security program?
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Management Information Systems for Healthcare Managers
Unit 1 Health Care Delivery Systems
e-Textbooks are accessible via the Vital Source bookshelf. Click here and enter the login information you received via email from Words of Wisdom (WOW) to access your text.
Green, N.A. & Bowie, M.J., Textbook & Lab Manual, chap. 1
Assignment Type: Individual Project Points Possible: 50 Deliverable Length: See assignment detail
Complete Lab Assignment 1-2, and submit the Annotated Bibliography to the dropbox.
Submit an annotated bibliography of 2 citations using APA style. Submit a paper of 1?2 pages that addresses at least 4 of the following criteria:
? Description of article?s content and focus
? Whether the article?s content is useful
? Article?s limitations (e.g., outdated)
? Audience for which the article is intended
? Evaluation of any research methods used in the article
? Author?s background
? Any conclusions the author(s) made about the topic
? Your reaction to the article
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: For all questions, use a standard essay format. This should include an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion. Your answers should reflect your ability to incorporate all relevant information regarding the question.
Management Information Systems: Managing The Digital Firm
10th Edition Sept.2007
Authors: Kenneth C. Laudon and Jane P. Laudon
NOTE: A total of 4 questions completed is required. Complete one from each unit.
Unit One writing assignment: Answer (1) of the following questions:
1. Describe the qualities of a digital firm. Why are digital firms so powerful?
2. What are customer relationship management systems? How do they benefit business?
3. What is the value chain model? How can it be used to identify opportunities for strategic information systems?
Unit Two writing assignment: Answer (1) of the following questions:
1. Define IT Infrastructure and describe its components.
2. Name and describe the capabilities of a DBMS.
3. What is the Internet? How does it work? How does it provide business value?
Unit Three writing assignment: Answer (1) of the following questions:
1. How are partner relationship management (PRM) and employee relationship management (ERM) related to customer relationship management (CRM)?
2. List and describe the seven unique features of e-commerce technology.
3. List and describe the stages in decision-making.
Unit Four writing assignment: Answer (1) of the following questions:
1. Describe each of the four kinds of organizational change that can be promoted with information technology.
2. What is project management? List and describe the project management activities and variables addressed by project management.
3. Describe the five general cultural factors leading toward growth in global business and the four specific business factors. Describe the interconnection among these factors.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Complete an article review related to the use of Management Information Systems in Public Administration
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..