Essay Instructions: Industry Analysis Paper Suggested Outline
Suggested Outline for the Industry Analysis Paper
Objective: students need to be able to give a description of the industry related to their business approved in the BPP-Approval Sheet. All the information should come from secondary sources, so students would need to cite their sources appropriately (following the APA standard).
Suggested Outline: students may want to use the following suggested outline to guide their effort in developing the paper.
1. NAICS code and description of the industry selected.
2. Country level information: current size of the industry in terms of revenues, evolution of the industry?s revenues in terms of historical figures (at least 5 years), number of competitors, segments of the industry, quantitative information about those segments.
3. State level: same as above but for the most likely state in which the student?s business might be developed.
4. City level: same as above but for the city in which the student?s business might be developed.
5. Porter?s Five Forces Model: applied to the city level. Students need to explain as much as possible about each one of the 5 forces. In regards to competitors, after giving general information about the specific competitors in the selected city, students need to give as much information about the main competitors (based on the ones that make 50% of the market share, for example).
6. Students need to follow the materials given to them in the first three weeks of the course:
6.1. Porter?s Five Forces Model original paper.
6.2. Investopedia?s 12 application examples document.
6.3. Purdue University?s Industry Analysis Assessment document.
6.4. All electronic databases (Hoover?s, Standard & Poor)
7. Include as much numeric tables and graphs as deem appropriate.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 5 Words: 1483 Works Cited: 4 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: ? Industry analysis: Each team (no more than 3 students) should select an industry and review the CSR and sustainability issues relevant to that industry.
The company we chose was Unilever. We need to prepare a 4 Page Industry Analysis regarding Uniever and its competitors along with that Industry. See Below
I. Industry Analysis ?
a. CSR Issues facing Unilever/Industry
b. Sustainability issues facing Unilever/Industry
c. What Metrics are being measured
d. Who are the key competitors & what are they doing
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: I need the analysis of electronics industry with main focus on home audio, video, televisions and computers, plus communications equipment. The analysis should focus on US electronics industry and include following information:
1. NAICS classifiaction (if available)
2. Industry structure (Industry structure defines the nature, level and extent of competition in an industry or martket):
- Total industry sales by year (5 years)
- Main products/markets/market-segments
- Leading and lagging firms(number and size distribution)
- Nature of industry competition (global/national/regional/local)
-industry cost Structure (What are the major cost drivers?):
----- Nature of technology (Is there a dominant technology? Do all firms have the similar access to it? Are some firms dominant because of technology?)
----- Basic demand conditions (How elastic is the industry demand? How do consumers gain product information? What are the buyer characteristics? Selling practices?)
----- Regulatory Influence, if any
3. Assess the financial performance of industry for 2005, or 2006 (depends on the availability of the information)
I am not interested in seeing the whole page copied from the financial report! I would like to see the analysis and comparisons. Financial information is important, but is not significant for the analysis.
Generally, Porter's Five Forces model have to be used for this industry analysis.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: MGT330 Grading Rubric
Assignment: Industry Analysis Instructions
Prepare a three (3) page paper to submit to your instructor in APA format. Select an industry that you are familiar with, or if you are not familiar with an immediate industry, use the following website to search an industry area of interest:
http://www.bizstats.com/ (BizStats provides industry analysis for 16,000 lines of business in 300 US markets).
Analyze the industry in terms of:
? General environment ??" how will the forces be changing over the next three years and how will these forces impact the industry (for example, demographics ??" aging population)?
? Task environment ??" look at the task environment from the perspective of a team (for example, who are the suppliers?); identify the forces and how they are affecting a specific organization within the industry.
? In summary, provide a general discussion on the impact of the environment on the organization within the industry.
The paper analyzes an industry in terms of the industries general environment: how will the forces be changing over the next three years and how will these forces impact the industry?
The paper analyzes an industry in terms of the industries task environment: looks at the task environment from the perspective of a team; identifies the forces and how they are affecting a specific organization within the industry.
The paper provides, in summary, a general discussion on the impact of the environment on the organization within the industry.
Sentences are complete, clear and concise
Paragraph and sentence transitions are present, logical and maintain the flow throughout the paper.
The paper includes a minimum of one to two sources including the textbook.
Must be 3 pages double spaced in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved style guide.
TEXT BOOK: Essentials of Contemporary Management, Fourth Edition, Gareth R. Jones/Jennifer M. George
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..