Total Pages: 2 Words: 997 Works Cited: 0 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: WORLDVIEW ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
1. Answer the following questions in 3 clearly separate parts I, II, III (425?450 words). This word count is for the entire assignment, but also pay attention to the fact that every part has its own word count. I do not mind if you write OVER the maximum word counts, especially if you are writing well (see Writing Rules 1-3). You will, however be penalized for not meeting the minimal word counts. You will lose 15 points for every 50 words short. If your entire paper is under 250 words you will receive NO credit.
2. Be sure to answer every question. Part I has one question, Part II has five and Part III has two. ?Every question? means EIGHT total questions. Each question should be answered in a separate paragraph. Your paper should be neatly arranged in THREE PARTS and EIGHT PARAGRAPHS.
3. Meeting the minimum word count as required for each paragraph is important.
a. Do NOT include the question as part of your word count. Remember that anything under 250 words will receive NO CREDIT, and there is a 15 point reduction for every 15 words short. You may write out the question, but it is not necessary and does not count toward YOUR word count.
b. Direct quotations should be short and limited. When you write out a quote, it should not take up more than 2-3 lines. If you are writing over the maximum word count, you may have lengthier quotes. This assignment is too short to allow for lengthy quotes, I want to read your thoughts and how you are processing the information.
4. Quotations and material used from other sources should be cited using APA. Details on this formatting style were the subject of Writing Rules 1.
5. Check your work for spelling and grammatical errors. Details on this matter were the subject of Writing Rules 3.
6. Be sure to do your own work, do not plagiarize. Details on this important subject was the focus of Writing Rules 2.
IMPORTANT: With regard to instructions regarding quotations your paper must minimally refer twice to your assigned readings (See Writing Rules 1). You may refer to your assigned readings more than twice, and also refer to outside sources you find on your own, BUT you MUST refer to your assigned materials at least twice. You cannot make an A on this assignment if you do not do this.
I. Part One: What is a worldview? Define what the term ?worldview? means. Use descriptive phrases to support your definition. (25-50 words). Here you are simply giving a workable definition of ?worldview.? ?Descriptive phrases? are given in the video (like ?lens? and ?framework? etc.) If you cite the video, which is fine, be sure you do so correctly according to APA. Cite any sources you use (assigned readings, outside sources) properly according to APA.
II. Part Two: Articulate the biblical/Christian Worldview (what is believed) for each of the following 5 questions. Give 2 relevant scripture references for each of the five questions below (do not write out the verses) to support why it is believed. (300 words). This section is the heart of the assignment; explaining the biblical worldview (not any other at this point) and what is believed in a biblical worldview and why. Note that two biblical references are required for each paragraph, thus 10 verses, properly referenced in this section. The best thing to do is to paraphrase what the Bible says and give a reference like (Gen. 1:1). I have also attached a listing of references under each category of relevant verses for those of you who are less familiar with the Bible?s content. You must also refer to your assigned readings (see Writing Rules 1) in this section.
1. The Question of Origin -
2. The Question of Identity -
3. The Question of Meaning/Purpose -
4. The Question of Morality -
5. The Question of Destiny ?
* Detailed discussion of these questions can be found in chapter 4 of the Weider & Guiterrez text Consider. This is actually an important point. Notice that each of the Questions of a worldview (Origin, Identity, Meaning, Morality and Destiny) have their own subquestions. For example, on p. 55 under The Question of Origin there are two subquestions; ?How did life begin?? and ?How did mankind come into existence?? These subquestions should be the focus of your discussion in each paragraph in this section. Feel free to use the supplemental resource I have attached to guide you to relevant Scripture for each question and subquestion.
Part Three: How might/should a biblical worldview influence the way you [Refer specifically to how biblical worldview beliefs influence your answer] choose only two of these (100 words): Only answer to TWO of the following. Choose the ones that mean the most to you at this point and explain how a biblical worldview might influence the answers.
6. ?think about, treat, and speak to others on a daily basis?
7. ?voting in local or national elections?
8. ?treat/interact with the environment and non-human creation?
9. ?decide a future career (what you will choose and/or how you will carry it out)?
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Worldview Essay. In this four- to five-page essay, reflect on the insights
gained in this class and how you have identified the way you view the
a. First, define and describe your worldview based on the categories
and contributing factors discussed on the first night of class.
b. Then, describe how you have seen your worldview played out in
your everyday life work, family, relationships through your answers
to the following questions:
1. If you are religious, what experiences and other contributing
factors have influenced your theology (what you believe
about God)? Or, if you are not religious, what experiences
and other contributing factors have influenced your beliefs?
2. To use the language of our textbook, how do you feel about
the "sacred-secular dance" and why? What contributing
factors have influenced your understanding of the
relationship between Christianity and American popular
culture, including politics, entertainment/media, and changes
to the American church?
3. How has considering and understanding your worldview
affected your interactions with others?
4. Finally, now that you've examined why you view the world
the way you do, did you discover any holes or
inconsistencies? Are there any changes you would like to
I grew up in a christian family. One thing that bothers me and we disscussed the first night of class is all the different denominations. My thoughts are that religion is good but over time has been misinterpreted dating back in time. I have no affliation with any church as I do not want to be labeled. My prayer with god is something that is private and intimate.I value family, education and health.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Activity 1: Worldviews (10 Points)
The way we view the world often guides our behaviors. In the same way, the philosophical worldview held by a researcher when conducting research should guide the decisions and actions taken during the research process. Creswell (2014) discusses four philosophical worldviews: post-positivism, constructivism, transformative, and pragmatism.
•Creswell, J. W. (2013). - Chapter 1
•Trochim, W., & Donnelly, J. (2008). - Chapter 1
•Zikmund, W. G., Babin, B. J., Carr, J. C., & Griffin, M. (2013). - Chapter 4
•Cozby, P. C. (2009). - Chapters 1, 2
Main Task: Discuss Worldviews
Refer to the topic paper you developed in RSH9101B (Comparing Brand Loyaltybetween Kenya and USA) . You will use your research problem statement to complete this assignment. Provide a hypothetical discussion of how each of the four “worldviews” postpositivism, constructivism, transformative, and pragmatism (Table 1.1) described in the text might apply to your proposed study (Creswell, 2013).
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: How are the worldviews post-positivism, constructivism, advocacy/participatory, and pragmatism (Table 1.1) described in the Creswell book might apply to the following proposed research questions (that part of the Creswell book will be sent as a resource for this work).
Every new technology has its own benefits, but on the other hands there are always risks too. There are several risks that are associated with cloud computing, and some of these risks do not have an industry wide solution yet. To accomplish this purpose, the following research questions will be examined:
1. What specific risks do companies face from insider threats in cloud computing situations?
This basic question was selected because it is a fundamental piece of knowledge that must be obtained before the research problem can be more adequately and specifically addressed. Identifying risks is necessary for developing a reliable framework and for making recommendations for combating those risks. This will add to current literature in the field by providing more concretely defined and validated risks than are currently available. A variety of malicious and accidental risks are expected to be strongly represented in the findings.
How can costs be effectively associated with risks?
This question is important for both research purposes, as well, providing another fundamental piece of the framework needed to fulfill the first research purpose and also ensuring that recommendations made in the fulfillment of the second research purpose are cost-effective and proportional. Answering this research question will thus enable the research problem to be directly addressed which it is in fact a part of directly addressing this problem and will further add to the literature in the area by providing a list of mechanisms, associations, and modeled reactions that assign monetary figures to risks. This understanding will greatly enhance other research in the area as well as providing significant practical benefit to current businesses. It is expected that costs will all have multiple factors affecting their values for individual business and scenarios.
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..