Essay Instructions: “Social psychologists investigate how we view ourselves and others, how we interact with others, how we influence others, and how we act when we are part of a group. Given the amount of time each of us spends thinking about and interacting with the people we encounter every day, much of our lives are spent with the subject matter of social psychology.”(p.22)
This is a formal research paper and must be eight to ten pages in length. Imagine that this paper will be used as a reference for individuals who are completely unfamiliar with social psychology principles. This paper will provide them with an overview of the field, and explain the key principles associated with its practice.
Include the following components in your research paper:
1. Discovering the Self ??" How do we perceive ourselves and our interactions with others?
a. Self-concept, awareness, and self-schemas
b. The acting self
c. Self-esteem and self-efficacy
2. Thinking About Others ??" What judgments do we make about other people?
a. Attributions: internal, external, explanatory style
b. Attitudes and behavior
c. Prejudice, stereotypes, discrimination
3. Influencing Others: Persuasion ??" How do we use the power of persuasion?
a. Persuasion techniques
b. Characteristics of the persuader, message, audience
4. Influencing Others: Obedience and Conformity ??" What factors lead us to conform and become obedient?
a. Aggressive behavior and aggression cues
b. Prosocial behavior
c. Relationship building, love, and attraction
5. Group Dynamics ??" What are elements of a group?
a. Types of groups
b. Consequences of Groupthink
c. Social dilemmas
After addressing the components above, reflect on the future of social psychology. Given the immense changes that our society is experiencing (both nationally and internationally), what do you predict will occur in the field of social psychology? What ground-breaking new research do you anticipate?
The Final Paper must be eight to ten pages in length (excluding the title page, reference page, and any appendices) and it must follow APA format, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. The Final Paper will demonstrate accomplishment of course learning outcomes through critical analysis of theory and research.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title page, reference page, and any appendices) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved style guide.
2. Must include a cover page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a concluding paragraph.
6. Must use APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center to document sources for all facts that are not common knowledge.
7. Must include at least five references listed in APA format.
8. Must include a reference list completed according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Social Biases and Influences of Conformity and Obedience Paper - Social Psychology
(a) Analyze the concept of social bias. As a part of your analysis, address the following items:
o Define the concepts of prejudice, stereotyping, and discrimination.
o Explain the differences between subtle and blatant bias.
o Describe the impact of bias on the lives of individuals.
o Compare and contrast two strategies from the social psychological literature that can be used to overcome social biases.
(b) Evaluate the effect of group influence on the self using classical and contemporary studies. As a part of your analysis, address the following items:
o Compare and contrast the concepts of conformity and obedience.
o Analyze a classical study (a well known study prior to 1970) and a contemporary study concerning the effect of group influence on the self.
o Analyze individual and societal influences that lead to deviance from dominant group norms.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Social Science Theory and Methodology - The graduate
examines the distinctive characteristics and forms of social scientific inquiry; recognizes
various behavioral, cognitive, and social phenomena; and applies social science theories and
methods to evaluate and explain phenomena.
What does it mean to think in a social scientific way? In part, social science draws on
methods of observation and experimentation utilized in the physical and natural sciences.
But social scientists deal with human behavior and social institutions, which are not easily
placed in the controlled environment associated with scientific investigation. Social scientists
must be prepared to adapt their methods frequently, and they must ask questions that can
evolve along with their investigations of social phenomena.
In this summative assessment, you will formulate a significant social scientific question
about human psychological development, personality, social interaction, social identity,
social classes, or the psychology of group behavior. Your formulation of this question should
be based on your reading from Perry and Perry, Contemporary Society, or from another
source. Examples of questions that you might examine include the following: How does the
mass media influence perceptions of gender? How can family size influence the process of
You will begin this assessment by formulating your social scientific question and explaining
why it is a significant one for analysis. Consider how life for individuals, groups, or society
would be affected if the answer to your question were known. Remember that the question
you ask must be something that can be examined methodically and systematically. It must
be a question that does not have an immediately evident answer.
Based on your reading of Contemporary Society, you will then provide a detailed discussion
of three specific research method problems that a social scientist would need to address in
order to answer your larger formulated question. A research method problem is a problem
(or subordinate question) that must be investigated in order to provide information
necessary to answer the overarching question that you have formulated. For example, if
you formulated the question “How does the mass media influence perceptions of gender?”
one research problem (i.e., subordinate question) might be, “What methods (e.g.,
interviews, opinion polls, etc.) should be used to gather data on individual reactions to
media representations of gender?”
In the second half of your assessment, you will consider the extent to which your
formulated question can or should be answered by applying the scientific method. Does the
scientific method provide a complete framework for investigating the three research
problems that you have identified? For information on the scientific method and the social
sciences, see pages 5??"9 of Contemporary Society.
You will conclude with a well-reasoned response to the following question: To what extent
does a social scientific perspective rely on methods drawn from the physical and natural
A. Analyze a selected topic from a social scientific perspective by doing the following
(suggested length of 5??"7 pages):
1. Explain the significance of a suitable question, which you have formulated, for social
2. Analyze three research problems (i.e., subordinate questions) that will help answer
the social scientific question that you have formulated.
a. Explain the social scientific analysis required for each of the three research
3. Consider the extent to which your chosen topic question can be examined by the
application of the scientific method by doing the following:
a. Discuss the scientific method as understood in the natural or physical sciences.
b. Compare the research methods required for your formulated question (from part
A2a) to the scientific method as understood in the natural or physical sciences
(from part A3a).
c. Discuss whether a social science perspective must rely on the scientific method in
the same way that natural or physical science would.
B. Include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: Please save word-processing documents as *.rtf (Rich Text Format) or *.pdf (Portable
Document Format) files.
Note: When bulleted points are present in the task prompt, the level of detail or support
called for in the rubric refers to those bulleted points.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link
included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using outside sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, the
submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list
for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted
if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the paper or project.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or
closely paraphrased from outside sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA
style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the APA Guidelines section.
Note: This reference list refers only to direct citations in the task above and may be
different from those you need to complete the task. Consult your Course of Study for a list
of suggested learning resources.
Perry, J. & Perry E. (2009). Contemporary society: An introduction to social science. Boston,
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Social Work Practice with Individuals
This assignment will focus on examining similarities and differences in engagement strategies with clients. The purpose of the assignment is to assist you in becoming familiar with your personal values and preferences in a social work relationship, and to contrast these values and preferences with those that might be expected from an individual of a different racial, ethnic, gender or sexual orientation background.
To complete the assignment you should:
1. Describe how you would prefer to be engaged in a professional social work relationship as a client, determining what personal and cultural values, beliefs and preferences you hold. In other words, determine how you would want a social worker to interact with you if you were a client in the engagement phase. What kinds of things should a social worker do and say that would further the development of rapport and trust? What kind of attitude would the social worker maintain and which values and ethics would the worker demonstrate ??" and how would they demonstrate them? Relate your preferred attitudes, values, ethics and behaviors to concepts described in the professional social work literature, citing appropriately. (Note: as this is a description of personal preference, your personal preference does not need to align with what is traditionally described in the literature. If it differs, simply describe how it is different.) Part 1 should be approximately 2-3 pages. This section is worth 40% of the assignment grade and will include how clearly and specifically you identify your values and ethics and your use and integration of the literature, including correct citation.
2. Select/Imagine a hypothetical “client” who is different from you in terms of a diversity profile. That is, the hypothetical client should differ from you in one or more characteristics such as race, ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, or other characteristics that are approved by the instructor. Briefly describe your hypothetical client and then conduct a similar analysis of the engagement phase as you did in Part 1 of this assignment. Describe values, beliefs, behaviors and preferences that are described in the literature as related to your hypothetical client. In other words, what would your hypothetical client want a social worker to do and say? What kinds of things would a social worker do and say that would further the development of rapport and trust? What kind of attitude would the social worker maintain and which values and ethics would the worker demonstrate ??" and how would they demonstrate them? Relate these preferred attitudes, values, ethics and behaviors to concepts described in the professional social work literature, citing appropriately. (Note: it is recognized that individual preferences exist within any group of people. For your hypothetical client, you are assuming he/she conforms to typical group preferences described in the literature. In actual practice each individual client may, or may not, hold these same preferences.) Part 2 should be approximately 2-3 pages. This section is worth 40% and will emphasize how accurately and sensitively you demonstrate knowledge of the client’s diverse characteristics and values and how specifically they should be addressed in practice.
3. Compare and analyze the differences and similarities between Part 1 and Part 2 of this assignment. What values, beliefs, behaviors and preferences are similar and which are different? Why are they different? Part 3 should be approximately 1 page. This section is worth 20%; please see rubrics for details.
The paper should be 5 pages, typewritten, and double-spaced. It should be written in a formal scholarly manner, in consistent APA style. Papers will be evaluated in terms of thoroughness of the assignment, degree of literature application to the analyses, degree of complexity and critical thinking, and the clarity of writing. This assignment is worth 20% of the Course Grade.
Content refers to specificity, accuracy, and scholarship (use of the literature).
Process refers to how well the paper is written taking into consideration grammar, spelling, syntax, and complexity.
I WILL UPLOAD DESCRIPTION ABOUT MYSELF. YOU CAN ALWAYS ADD FOR THE COMPARING PORTION. THANKS!
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..