Essay Instructions: Security Assessment and Recommendations (Scenario Will Be Uploaded)
This course does involve a lot of technical information and theory but, what really matters is how this knowledge can be used to identify and remediate real-world security issues. What you learn in this course should be directly applicable to your work environment. The course project that you will complete is designed to further this goal. In Phase I of the project you will use Aircraft Solutions where you will identify potential security weaknesses.
In this phase you will identify potential security weaknesses for Aircraft Solutions.
Security weaknesses ??" You must choose two from the following three areas:
• policy (excluding password policies)
and identify an item that requires improved security.
To clarify: you must identify
a) one hardware and one software weakness or,
b) one hardware and one policy weakness or,
c) one software and one policy weakness.
You must define the asset or policy with sufficient detail to justify your assessment. Your assessment must include:
• the vulnerability associated with the asset or policy
• the possible threats against the asset or policy
• the likelihood that the threat will occur (risk)
• the consequences to mission critical business processes should the threat occur
• how the organization’s competitive edge will be affected should the threat occur
Other Required Elements:
• Cover sheet
• APA-style In-text citations and Reference section
• Minimum length 3 pages, maximum length 5 pages (not counting cover sheet, diagram(s), references). Do not exceed the maximum length.
For Phase I. The grading standards is:
Phase I: Grading Standards ??" Total 100 points
Security Weaknesses ??" Identifies two plausible and significant weaknesses from required list (hardware, software, policy). Includes realistic vulnerability(s) associated with the asset or policy, plausible and likely threats against the asset or policy, an estimation of the likelihood that the threat will occur (risk), the consequences to mission critical business processes should the threat occur, and how the organization’s competitive edge will be affected should the threat occur. 80 points
Presentation ??" Writing quality and flow demonstrates a graduate-level writing competency and does not contain misspellings, poor grammar, incorrect punctuation, and questionable sentence structure (syntax errors). 20 points
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Security on the web ? what are the issues for major banks?
1. Make sure your report title isn?t too broad, which will allow you to fit within the word limit. Keep to the title and include all relevant issues.
2. Express other authors? ideas in your own words but add your own supported ideas and opinions. To do this you need to analyse and criticise ideas where appropriate and argue your point of view. Support your statements and opinions with extensive referencing.
3. Show in the content of your assignment that you have consulted a reasonable range of online articles as well as traditional books and journals. Please note: 75% of all your references must be less than 2 years old (i.e. >2002).
4. Be clear and concise in your expression paying particular attention to sentence structure. Put yourself in the reader?s position and ask ?Is the meaning clear??
5. Pay attention to the rules of writing in relation to paragraphing, punctuation, spelling, etc.
6. Use headings in the body of your report where appropriate. You must integrate information and analysis and not just ?dump? information under headings.
7. Generally avoid direct quotations except short ones used for a particular effect. It is better to express the idea in your own words (paraphrase), though this must be acknowledged with a reference.
8. Acknowledge the sources of both direct quotes, ideas of others and background information by the use of appropriate references. This applies to material found online, as well as in traditional sources.
Format of the essay
The structure of your report must be as follows. Use the same sub-headings.
Abstract (maximum 200 words). It is a brief overview of the report. This states what your research has found and how it fits in with what others have found in this area. An abstract is not meant to tell the reader what they are about to read in the report, it is meant to be a summary of the total report (including the findings).
Introduction (maximum 400 words). This section is basically a very brief background information and the current state of play in your topic area. It differs from an abstract in that it states how you will cover this topic, that is your scope.
Body (maximum 1,500 words) - includes the actual report details. The best approach for this section would be to present the arguments and information relating to the title, and use the relevant references found to support the points stated. In other words, the references support the arguments put forward. We are looking for evidence that you have utilised the Internet to locate a variety of material for this assignment, but traditional resources can also be used.
Referencing should be within the text (that is, within your report); which is known as the Harvard System. The author?s surname and year of publication (plus page reference if necessary) are written in brackets in the body of your writing. For example:
Wright (1969, p. 408) comments that ?undoubtedly interviewer skill is directly related to the validity, quantity and quality of interview output?, and this would suggest some sort of interviewer training is called for. Row (1960), for example, found that trained interviewers are better able to evaluate applicants with some measure of reliability and in a study carried out in 1973, it was found that by extensive interviewer training all significant contrast effects could be eliminated
(Wexley, Sanders & Yuki 1973).
Conclusion (maximum 200 words) - summarises the material presented. No additional or previously unmentioned points or references should be raised or utilised within this section.
Reference section - the full reference to each source used in your report is placed in the reference list at the end of your work in alphabetical order. The format of this reference list, in the Harvard System, involves placing the year of publication immediately after the author?s name. Note this can be quite difficult for some web sites. However, we want you to make an effort to show the exact source of your information. Do not just give a URL for a whole newspaper like http://www.smh.com.au
Please remember that 75% of your references MUST be no more than two years old.
Neither the use of ?I? (too personal) nor ?the writer? (too pompous) are recommended. It is much better to make the essay totally impersonal by avoiding both. This means that careful - and in some cases, considerable thinking must be put into some sentences to achieve impersonality.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Security is considered a "cost" center rather than a "profit" center. Yet, successful security Directors are generating revenue to offset security expenses. Please research how security directors and their departments can generate profit, prevent losses and protect the company's reputation.
Some websites to utilize for your research can be:
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Security Threat Groups/Gangs In Prison
Research the following Security Threat Groups/Gangs: The Aryan Brotherhood, Black Guerilla Family, The Folk Nation, The Mexican Mafia, and MS 13. Provide an overview of each gang, focusing on the specific impact of these groups on the correctional system. Be sure to explain the following for each gang:
?Where the gang originated and who its founder was
?What its basic beliefs and mission are
?The prisons where it is the strongest and weakest (geographically)
?Whether it is growing or in decline
?The criminal activities that the gang is involved in within the prison system
?At least one example to illustrate how dangerous it is in the prison system
Conclude your paper with a comparative analysis of these gangs. What similarities and differences exist between them in regard to mission, threat level and criminal activity?You must use at least 5 references, including your course text. In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria:
?Include a cover page and references page in 10-12 point font (Arial, Courier, and Times New Roman are acceptable)
?Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained
?Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
?Writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful
?Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics
?Appropriate APA citation style should be followed
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..