Essay Instructions: This paper should be doubled-spaced and conform to the guidelines of the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th ed. Bibliography should be placed at the end of the paper. Pagination should appear on all pages, except the first page, in the upper right and should precede with "Adamo-page number". Font size should be 10-12, in any standard font. This paper should discuss the positive and negative images that emerge from Sappho's poetry regarding women of that time. What were the values and the norms of the women and how do they differ from today's society. What are conditions and expectations of the women and where do they fall on the social ladder. What do they do in their daily lives and how is homosexuality discussed in Sappho's works. In classic literature, love is seen as something easily done and mainly first sight. Sappho's poetry goes deeper and the love she describes is mainly for other women. How does her poetry touch people today, and what effect did it have on people of that time. Discuss certain religious groups that banned Sappho's works, and the group of people who accept it and cherish is.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 2 Words: 933 Bibliography: 2 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: Write 2 page of Annotated Bibliography from 2 articles (one page for each). Articles are about Sappho poem and my thesis is representation of women in Sappho's poem. please follow criteria and requirement in the WORKSHEET to write the Bibliography. Also look at the guideline for evaluation source to write this paper.
Use attached worksheet for completing this assignment. Follow the questions/criteria on worksheet to write this paper but do not type it in the work sheet. Write in paragraph format and APA format.
How to organize the Bibliography:
?Write a 200 word summary of each article, including how you think this information might help with your Final Project Essay (representation of women in Sappho). Point out where you agree and disagree with the information presented in the source. Do not copy or paraphrase the source?s abstract, which you may have found in the database you consulted or on the first page of a journal article.
?Write a 100-word evaluation of the source's credibility. ?Guidelines for Evaluating Sources.? Has been uploaded for this project. Identify features of the source that caused you to conclude it is credible. Be specific. It is not enough to say, "Yes, the source has an author." Give details, for example, "This journal article has a clearly identified author with appropriate credentials. She is Professor Lakweesha Bryant, head of the Department of English at University X. Her doctoral dissertation is on Enlightenment literature, and she has published a scholarly book on Rousseau's Confessions and several peer-reviewed journal articles on Tartuffe and Candide."
I will upload 4 documents: Worksheet, 2 articles, and evaluation guideline for source to complete this paper.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Need a essay on what meter did Sappho use most often for her poetry?
Needs to be a min of five pargraphs and have at least five sentences in each paragraph. As well as a intro, body and conclusion MLA style with a work cited page.
* Would like MCN to write this if possible
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Please answer to these questions between 5-6 sentences.
1. In "Throned in splendor, deathless, O Aphrodite," what is the speaker asking the goddess of love to do?
2. What might the narrator of "Like the very gods in my sight is he" mean by the final statement that "death has come near me"? Read about what the French have called la petite mort.
3. Does it surprise you that a woman might be writing about sex around 600 B.C. Why or why not?
1. What is Arjuna's dilemma at the beginning of the Bhagavad-Gita? Why is he tormented by grief?
2. What is the "embodied self"?
3. What might it mean to focus on the action and not the "fruits of action"?
4. Describe the yogi, the "man of discipline."
5. Why will the man of discipline attain pure joy?
The Analects of Confucius
1. What do you think is meant by the term "the way"?
2. The Analects are frequently presented as dialogues. What is the effect of this presentation in setting forth the Master's philosophy? How does it compare to the Platonic dialogue (The Apologie) you have read?
3. What are the guidelines Confucius sets forth about the relationship between the ruler and the ruled? Do you think such would be possible in a modern society like our own? Why or why not?
Poetry by Catullus
1. The poems Catullus wrote to the woman Lesbia are among his best known. How would you characterize their affair?
2. If the gender roles were reversed and the women were the narrator, do you think this series of poems would read differently? Explain.
3. Catullus ends up calling his lady a whore. Would you say this is a typical male reaction when a woman breaks off a relationship?
1. What kinds of shape changes occur in Ovid's "Metamorphoses"? For what kinds of reasons do these changes occur?
2. Which of the stories did you like best, and why?
3. Some of the myths in Ovid's masterpiece are Greek and others are Roman. Were you already familiar with any of them? If so, which ones?
1. Who are some of the various people who recognize the "special qualities" of Jesus in the account in Luke 2.
2. Look over Matthew 5-7, and find several examples wherein Jesus quotes older scripture and then gives it a new spin or interpretation.
3. Many people say the lifestyle described in the Sermon on the Mount is impossible for anyone to achieve. If this statement is true, why do you think Jesus sets such a difficult standard?
1. According to the Koran, how are girls and women to be treated?
2. How do the Old and New Testaments of the Bible fit into the Prophet Mohammed's new vision?
3. How does the sura about Jonah differ from the Old Testament account of Jonah?
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..