Total Pages: 4 Words: 1197 References: 5 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: Macro-economic choices, particularly in the areas of fiscal policy, are not just about economics but about political philosophies, values and goals. This Case asks you to think about some of these dimensions.
The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) prepares reports for congress. It is a non-partisan office.
For this Case, please read "The Budget Outlook" section of the CBO's The Budget and Economic Outlook: Fiscal Years 2009 to 2019 normal; dated January 2009, at
The specific information you need for this case is on page 16 in Table 5. However, there is a great deal of interesting information in this document and I encourage you to look through it and see what it contains.
For question 6 you can access the proposals from the President's Commission on Deficit Reduction.
Prepare a 4 page paper addressing the following questions:
Please repeat the questions below on the title page of your paper
1. What are the three major categories of revenues for the federal government? Please comment on each and indicate their relative importance to each other. Relative importance can be indicated by dollar amounts, percent of total revenue or expenditure or, though less informative, by ranking.
2. What are the three major categories of expenditures for the federal government? Please comment on each and indicate their relative importance to each other. Relative importance can be indicated by dollar amounts, percent of total revenue or expenditure or, though less informative, by ranking.
3. Discuss the current level of the Federal debt, and the past trend of the debt level. Discuss whether or not you are concerned about the current and future projected debt and level of associated interest expense.
4. Assume you are the Chief Economic Advisor to the President of the United States and the President has asked you to review the deficit reduction proposals that were submitted by his commission (see link above). Choose the two commission recommendations you agree with the most and write an explanation to the President as to why those two should be enacted into law.
Please be detailed rather than general in your recommendation.
5. Economists classify macro-economic indicators as leading, lagging, or coincident. Define each classification and give two examples of each, relating them to the recession that began in 2007 and the recovery that is now under way.
6. All major economic indicators show the United States is recovering from the recession but that the process is not as strong as previous recoveries have been. If you were the President what would you do right now to help the economy recover so that the unemployment rate decreases faster than it has over the past two years? I would like specific suggestions or at least fairly defined generalities.
Ensure that you repeat the case question (shown in bold above) verbatim on the title page of your paper.
Case assignment expectations:
Use information from the modular background readings as well as any good quality resource you can find. Make sure you cite all resources you use and provide a reference list at the end of your paper.
LENGTH 4 typed and double-spaced pages
In addition to the overall quality, depth, grammar, and organization of the paper, the following will, in particular, be assessed:
1. Analytical skills that allow you to draw conclusions, questions 3 and 4, on federal budget projections.
2. Critical thinking skills, question 5, on formulating policy about budgetary matters.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 2 Words: 580 Works Cited: 4 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: Macro environment/Remote environment of Southwest airlines
1. Economic factors
3.political and legal
This is for strategic management (capstone) master program class .
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Macro forecasting is an art at least as much as a science. Macro forecasters generally use statistical models with a large number of simultaneous equations (beginning with the familiar Y=C+I+G) and time-series data to forecast trends. In this assignment I would like you examine several recent forecasts, discuss recent events using the basic tools you have used, and present your own forecast for the next year, quarter by quarter. Please work on your own for this assignment.
1. Please read Greenspan?s latest testimony to Congress following:
Please read the CBO?s forecast and Sinai?s forecast:
Please read the following chapter from the IMF?s World Economic Outllook (WEO) report:
2. Write a critical survey of the forecasts you read above. Please write at least 3-4 paragraphs on each article and more is better. Do you agree with Alan Greenspan?s assessment of the US economic situation? What does he identify as the key issues? How does his assessment differ from that of the IMF?
3. Many economists (including Roach) are also concerned about the large US budget and current account deficit. Please read chapter 2 of the IMF WEO Report linked above. Do you think the US budget and current account deficit pose a serious problem? Why or why not?
4. Using aggregate supply and aggregate demand analysis and (on a separate graph) using IS/LM curve analysis and AD/AS curves, show and discuss the following:
a. The effect of monetary policy on the US economy over the last two years.
b. The effect of fiscal policy on the US economy over the last year.
5. What is your forecast for the next twelve months and why? Please give a quarter by quarter forecast with estimated growth and inflation rates (on an annualized basis) and with estimated unemployment rates. Please explain your reasoning and don?t just take an average of the forecast you have discussed.
there are some useful info at this site
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Macro-level research paper: This student will research a disaster or traumatic event (HURRICANE KATRINA) and assess ways in which the community addressed and resolved the grief. Finally a proactive plan for community action will be presented from a social planning perspective (from the top down).
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..