Total Pages: 26 Words: 6658 Bibliography: 20 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: The organization I choose is Lufthansa, so in this paper please write the paper about Lufthansa
The written report must be comprehensive and well researched. There is no page
minimum, but it should not exceed 30 pages of text (appendices and exhibits may be
extra, and should follow the text) prepared in the APA format noted below in this outline.
The paper must include -- but is not limited to -- the following elements: (Note: This is a
list of requirements, not a suggested outline!)
Introduce and describe the organization, its history of operations and business
outcomes over identified periods of its existence. Depending on where it has been
in the organizational life cycle at different periods, what strategies did it undertake
to grow and/or change the business? How successful were these?
Analyze how the organization is structured (type of structure) and governed (its
board and senior management), with a critique of whether this structure and
governance approach fit its mission and strategy now.
Analyze the industry sector(s) in which the organization operates, using Michael
Porter?s competitive forces model. What are the key conditions in the external
operating environment of the industry and of this organization? How are they
changing (or not)? What is the organization?s market share, and is it increasing or
decreasing? Provide argument and evidence for your views. This portion must
include comparative analysis (including key data points) with principal competitor
What is the value proposition that the company offers its customers on each of its
What has been the financial performance of the organization over time, with
particular emphasis on the past five years? What have been its revenues and profits
(or surpluses), and what have been the trends in its stock price and donative giving
(including expenditures on corporate social responsibility? Has either financial
indicator been affected by changes in products or services by the organization, or
by other strategic changes by the organization or in its external operating
environment? Have similar factors affected their principal competitors?
In terms of its operations today, conduct both a detailed SWOT analysis and
generate alternative strategies using a TOWS matrix. What are the organization?s
directional strategies, and why have they chosen these? Where do its products and
services fit on the BCG Growth Share Matrix within the industry sector? What are
the advantages and limitations of your analysis?
What are the organization?s marketing, financial, and research & development
strategies? Do these fit well with its operations strategy?
How would you assess and rate the organization?s leadership? Do the persons in
leadership at the management or board level appear to have the appropriate skills
and experience for the challenges the organization now faces? What is your
evidence for your opinion?
Has the organization engaged in joint ventures or strategic alliances, or value-chain
partnerships? What has been the effect of these?
How does the organization measure its own performance? Do its documents and
reports indicate the methods or benchmarks and external measures to which they
subject the organization?
What changes, if any, would you suggest to their strategy or structure in order for
them to be more successful in fulfilling their mission now and in the future? When
and how should these be implemented? Your recommendations and timelines
should be displayed in a GANTT or PERT-type chart and discussed in text. You
must provide supporting evidence for your arguments.
Your paper must include a proper Title Page, Executive Summary, and Table of
Contents. Figures and Tables must be numbered and labeled and sourced, both in
the text and any appendices. Bibliographic and footnote references for material
accessed electronically must include the URL and date it was accessed.
To repeat, you are not limited to the above items (feel free to include other things you
think may be important to understanding the organization and its strategies), but each of
these items above MUST be covered. You must also relate this information to key ideas
and frameworks covered in our text and class discussions -- this is critical.
Also, note that internet-based and other research must be referenced in footnotes and
bibliographies of your paper. Direct quotation from any source -- print or electronic --
should not comprise more than 10-12% of the text of your paper, and must be footnoted
and sourced. ?Cutting and pasting? without attribution is academically dishonest and is
called plagiarism, and can result in you failing both the paper and the course, as well as
other academic penalties in extreme cases. See section on ?Academic Regulations?,
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Here are the requirements for this paper; abstract statement along with conclusion statement. Grading rubrics; 1.
The type of international strategy the company has chosen are described with 90 to 100% accuracy.2. The means the company has used to expand internationally are explained with 90 to 100% accuracy. 3. The elements and objectives of Lufthansa’s cooperative strategy are identified and described with 90 to 100%. 4. The uncertainties and challenges related to operating beyond the company’s national boundaries are described with 90 to 100% accuracy. 5. The potential risks of cooperative strategies are described with 90 to 100% accuracy. 6. The use of organizational structure and controls to effectively support Lufthansa’s strategy are explained with 90 to 100% accuracy. 7. Strategic leadership actions that should be recommended for developing human capital at Lufthansa are described with 90 to 100% accuracy. 8. Strategic leadership actions that should be recommended for establishing an effective organizational culture at Lufthansa are described 90 to 100% accuracy. 9. Strategic leadership actions that should be recommended for promoting an entrepreneurial mindset at Lufthansa are described 90 to 100% accuracy. 10. Strategic leadership actions that should be recommended for reducing complexity at Lufthansa are described 90 to 100% accuracy.
Scenario: You just got off the phone with Wolfgang Mayrhuber, Chairman of the Executive Board and CEO of Lufthansa. He has briefed you on global challenges facing the company and its membership in Star Alliance. As a management consultant, you have been invited to speak with his top management team. In preparation for the meeting, you are to write a 7 page report that answers the following questions:
***Type the question followed by the answer to the question***
1.Describe the type of international strategy the company has chosen.
2. Explain what means the company has used to expand internationally.
3. Identify and describe the elements and objectives of Lufthansa’s cooperative strategy.
4. Describe the uncertainties and challenges related to operating beyond the company’s national boundaries.
5. Describe the potential risks of cooperative strategies.
6. Explain the use of organizational structure and controls to effectively support Lufthansa’s strategy.
7. Describe what strategic leadership actions should be recommended for developing human capital at Lufthansa.
8. Describe what strategic leadership actions should be recommended for establishing an effective organizational culture at Lufthansa.
9. Describe what strategic leadership actions should be recommended for promoting an entrepreneurial mind-set at Lufthansa.
10. Describe what strategic leadership actions should be recommended for reducing complexity at Lufthansa.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Please setup answers to questions by numbers. Thank You
Analyze the case you have just studied by answering the following questions:
1. Evaluate the general environment of Lufthansa using the framework in Chapter 2. What are the key opportunities and threats facing Lufthansa?
2. Use Porter?s Five Forces Model to analyze the global airline industry. Given this analysis, is the industry attractive or unattractive?
3. Who are the main competitors of Lufthansa and how does Lufthansa measure up against these competitors?
4. Evaluate Lufthansa?s tangible and intangible resources. Which are more important as a source of competitive advantage? Why?
5. Apply the value chain model to Lufthansa. Based on this model, in which activities does Lufthansa have its main competencies?
6. Does Lufthansa have a sustainable competitive advantage in the global airline industry?
7. What is Lufthansa?s business-level strategy? Is the strategy appropriate to offset the forces in the industry? Do you recommend any changes?
8. Which methods of restructuring were used at Lufthansa and which were most successful?
9. What entry strategies are being used by Lufthansa? Are airlines able to pursue international expansion like other firms?
10. What kind of cooperative strategy is being used by Lufthansa?
11. What is your evaluation of the leadership actions at Lufthansa?
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: You have been retained as a consultant by Lufthansa Group to prepare an independant report for a grou[ of its senior managers. This forms part of a management development programme which is designed to enable them to understand the group's financial statements so that they in turn can brief their own departmental staff on the performance of the group. Your report is therefore required to analyse and comment upon the financial performance and financial position of Lufthansa Group in an appropriate style.
1. Using the 2005-2007 income statement comment on the significant trends and use 2006 as a base.
2. Using the 2005-2007 balance statement comment on the significant trends and use total assets as a base.
3. Comment on the apparent total liquidity of the Group and the liquidity ratios for 2005-2007
4. Comment on the Long-Term Debt Paying Ability of the Group from 2005-2007.
5. Comment on the profitability and trends of the Group from 2005-2007, using the related ratios.
6. Discuss your findings and analysis from 1 through 5 above and comment on the overall performance of the Group.
Lufthansa AG annnual reports. www.lufthansa-financials.de
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..