1) a Maggio, Y. Aggoun & L. Marchand et.al (2008), ' Associations among Obesity, Blood Pressure, and Left Ventricular Mass', the Journal of Pediatrics, Volume 152, Issue 4, Pages 489-493
2) CDC, "The Obesity Epidemic and United States Students," retrieved Oct 7th 2009, from, http://www.cdc.gov/HealthyYouth/yrbs/pdf/yrbs07_us_obesity.pdf
3) CDC, 'Availability of Less Nutritious Snack Foods and Beverages in Secondary Schools -Selected States, 2002 -- 2008', Retrieved Oct 9th 2009, from, http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm58e1005a1.htm
4) Commercial Alert, 'Junk Food Ad Ban Comes into Force in Britain', retrieved Oct 9th 2009, from, http://www.commercialalert.org/issues/health/international-public-health/junk-food-ad-ban-comes-into-force-in-britain
5) David S. Ludwig (Dec 2007), 'Childhood Obesity: The Shape of Things to Come', NEJM volume 357:2325-2327, Number 23. Retrieved Oct 9th 2009, from http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/357/23/2325#T1
6) FAO, 'Carbohydrate Food Intake and Energy Balance' retrieved Oct 8th 2009, from, http://www.fao.org/docrep/w8079e/w8079e0m.htm
7) Jennifer L. Baker, Ph.D., Lina W. Olsen, Ph.D., and Thorkild I.A. Sorensen, M.D., 'Childhood Body -- Mass Index and the Risk of Coronary Heart Disease in Adulthood', NEJM, Volume 357:2329-2337, No 23, retrieved Oct 9th 2009, from http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/abstract/357/23/2329
8) John Dorsey & Jeanne Segal Ph.D, 'Childhood and Juvenile Obesity', retrieved Oct 7th 2009, from http://helpguide.org/mental/childhood_obesity.htm#causes
9) Mashid Dehghan, Noori Akhtar Danesh & Anwar T. Merchant, (2005), 'Childhood Obesity, Prevalence and Prevention', Nutrition Journal 2005, 4:24, retrieved Oct 8th 2009, from, http://www.nutritionj.com/content/4/1/24
10) MedicalNews, 'Direct Link Between Childhood Obesity and Junk food Advertising', retrieved Oct 9th 2009, from, http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/04/24/17556.aspx
11) Paul Veugelers, 'Study Shows Parents Back Junk Food Ban in Schools',
retrieved Oct 9th 2009, from, http://www.physorg.com/news173362954.html
12) Science Daily, 'Childhood Obesity Risk increased by newly discovered Genetic Mutations, Says Study', retrieved Oct 7th 2009, from, http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/01/090118200638.htm
13) Tamara S. Hannon, MD, Goutham Rao, MD and Silva a. Arslanian, MD, (2005), 'Childhood Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus', PEDIATRICS Vol. 116 No. 2 August 2005, pp. 473-480
14) WebMed, 'Mental Illness Common in Childhood Obesity: Defiance, Depression cited in Study', retrieved Oct 9th 2009, from, http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20030407/mental-illness-common-in-childhood-obesity
15) Wordpress, 'Junk Food Banned in Schools', retrieved Oct 9th 2009, from, http://www.fitnesstipsforlife.com/junk-food-banned-in-schools.html
"Super Size Me: Eating McDonald's, Making Millions" (2004) CNN News Report [Online] available at: http://cnn.entertainment.printthis .clickability.com/pt/cpt? action=cpt& title=CNN.com+-+Eating+McDonald%27s%2C+making+millions+-+Jun+9%2C+2004& expire=06%2F23%2F2004& urlID=10707525& fb=Y& url=http
Tober, Bruce (2004) "McDonalds Breaks Agreement in McLibel Suit" Albion Monitor [Online] available online at: http://www.monitor.net/monitor/9-2-95/McLibel.html
ABC News Report Online (2004)
ABC News Report Online (2004) paraphrased*
CNS News Online 2004'Obesity Becomes Political Issue in Australia: McDonald's Strikes Back"
Albion Monitor (2 Sept 1995)
Benton, D. & Parker, P. (1998) Breakfast, blood glucose, and cognition, Am J. Clin Nutr 1998;67(suppl):772S -- 8S.
Health Castle.com. Nutrition Advice by Registered Dietitians www.healthcastle.com
Lovett, R. (Aug., 2007). The best way to start the day. New Scientist. www.Newsceitnist.com.
Mayo clinic. Healthy diet.
Rosenheck R (November 2008). "Fast food consumption and increased caloric intake: a systematic review of a trajectory towards weight gain and obesity risk." Obes Rev 9 (6): 535 -- 47.
Sturm R (2007). "Increases in morbid obesity in the U.S.A.: 2000 -- 2005." Public Health 121 (7): 492 -- 6.
Whitlock G, Lewington S, Sherliker P, et al. (March 2009). "Body-mass index and cause-specific mortality in 900-000 adults: collaborative analyses of 57 prospective studies." Lancet 373 (9669): 1083 -- 96.