1. Ramsbotham, Oliver and Woodhouse, Tom (1996), Humanitarian Intervention in Contemporary Conflict: A Reconceptualization, Polity Press, London.
2. Murphy, Sean D., (1996), Humanitarian Intervention: The United Nations in an Evolving World Order, University of Pennsylvania Press, Philadelphia.
3. Danish Institute of International Affairs (1999), Humanitarian Intervention: Legal and Political Aspects, Submitted to the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Denmark, December 7 (called the "Danish Institute Report").
4. Williams Ian (2003), Intervene with Caution, retrieved from the site http://www.alternet.org/story.html accessed on Nov 26, 2003
5. Rieff David, (2002) A Bed for the Night. Simon & Schuster, New York
6. Kuperman Alan J (2001)The Limits of Humanitarian Intervention: Genocide in Rwanda The Brookings Institution; (May 30, 2001)
7. Author Unknown, (2003) A Gibbs Editorial, Preemption: A Bush doctrine that harms the children of this nation, retrieved from the site http://www.gibbsmagazine.com/preemption.htm accessed on Nov 26, 200
8. Sen. Kennedy Edward M. October 9, (2002)," The Bush doctrine of Pre-Emption" from the site http://www.antiwar.com/orig/kennedy1.html accessed on Nov 26, 2003
9. Diehl, Paul (ed.) The Politics of Global Governance
10. Bull Hedley, (1995) The Anarchical Society Columbia University Press
11. Bennett A. LeRoy (2001) International Organizations: Principles and Issues (7th Edition) Prentice Hall; 7th edition
American Red Cross, (2011). A Brief History of the American Red Cross. Retrieved April 6,
2011 from http://www.redcross.org/museum/history/brief.asp
American Red Cross, (2011). Reports Detail the Work of the American Red Cross in 2010.
Retrieved April 6, 2011 from http://www.redcross.org/portal/site/en/menuitem.1a019a978f421296e81ec89e43181aa0/?vgnextoid=faa6f53dd7f9d210VgnVCM10000089f0870aRCRD
American Red Cross Museum, (2011). World War II Accomplishments of the American Red
Cross. Retrieved April 6, 2011 from http://www.redcross.org/museum/history/ww2a.asp
American Red Cross in Greater New York, (2011). Disaster Planning and Response. Retrieved April 6, 2011 from http://www.nyredcross.org/?nd=disaster_planning_and_response
American Red Cross of Greater Chicago, (2011). Mass Care Functions. Retrieved April 6,
2011 from http://www.chicagoredcross.org/general_calltoaction.asp?CTA=5&SN=248&OP=925&SUOP=933&SUOP2=14852&IDCapitulo=VF223FBDFD
Charles R., (1996). Article: Elizabeth Dole's Fine Line Between Charity, Politics; Red Cross,
Presidential Camp Share Major Donors. The Washington Post Article date: May 2, 1996. Retrieved April 6, 2011 from http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-780091.html
Cindy Tweed (2011). American Red Cross Blood Services to Organize Community Blood Drives.
Fri, 04/01/2011. Retrieved April 6, 2011 from http://topnews.us/content/237806-american-red-cross-blood-services-organize-community-blood-drives
Gary Galles (2001). Diverted funds. Retrieved April 6, 2011 from http://mises.org/daily/840
John Templeman, (2008). Humanitarian Aid Politicized. Retrieved April 6, 2011 from http://www.policyinnovations.org/ideas/briefings/data/000070
Military Advantage, (2011). American Red Cross. Retrieved April 6, 2011 from http://www.military.com/benefits/resources/family-support/american-red-cross
The American National Red Cross (2011). Red Cross has helped U.S. military since the Spanish-
American War. Retrieved April 10, 2011 from http://www.redcross.org/portal/site/en/menuitem.1a019a978f421296e81ec89e43181aa0/?vgnextoid=d8c918dbe0461210VgnVCM10000089f0870aRCRD
Anderson, S. (2000). The Man Who Tried to Save the World. Anchor.