Essay Instructions: Go to:
Password: macie is so cute
Here you will find the directions
In 2006, all members of the FDA advisory committee recommended that Gardasil, an HPV vaccine, be approved for distribution in the US. The vaccine was developed by Merck and Co., is effective in preventing two types of HPV known to cause about 70% of all cervical cancer cases worldwide. The vaccine is being recommended as most effective when given to young girls between the ages of 11 and 12 years and as young as 9. The vaccine is also recommended for 13 to 21 year old females who have not been vaccinated. It is ideally given before girls and young women become sexually active. The three dose vaccine prevents four HPV types: HPV 16 and 18, which cause 70% of cervical cancers, and HPV 6 and 11, which cause 90% of genital warts. The vaccine has been studied worldwide and has been found safe, with no serious side effects.
ASA style - If you do not know what this is... go to:
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Here are the instructions from my professor:
Health Policymaking in the U.S- Human Papilloma Virus Vaccine Research Assignment
There has been an increase trend in the rate of occurrence of oral cancers. We all have known and discussed with our patients the dangers of smoking and alcohol use as a potential source. A recently identified etiology is the HPV -16 virus. Early in the Republican primary debates there was heated discussion about Rick Perry?s mandate to have all girls vaccinated. Health advocates worried that the vaccine itself was stigmatized by some of the misleading information presented during the debates. What do you think? What do you know about this vaccine?
Please answer the following questions/areas in the research paper.
1. Background information on HPV including statistical information on the incidences of cervical and oral cancer in the United States that may be linked to this virus.
2. History of the vaccine ?name the two vaccines, manufacturers, time on the market, cost, availability
3. What is the federal role- what agencies are involved in this policy debate? Please be sure to include information on ACIP
a. Identify who is the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
b. What federal department and thus agency is responsible for this committee
c. How many members are on the committee ? how are they elected to the committee
d. What power does this committee have? Can they make law?
4. What is the state role? Site an example of a minimum of four examples of HPV vaccine introduced legislation in 2011-12 at the state level.
5. State three reasons why as a policymaker the vaccine should be required of all girls entering 6th grade.
6. State two reasons why as a policymaker the vaccine should not be mandated for young girls.
7. State your personal perspective? What would you do as a parent? Healthcare provider?
Students will need a minimum of 5-8 current professional sources. I encourage you to view the tutorial on this topic at www.kff.org. The paper must be a minimum of 10 pages (maximum 15 pages) and follow proper APA formatting. A quality paper should contain less than 15% direct quotes. Wikepedia is NOT an acceptable resource. Required use of preofessional resources includes peer reviewed professional journals and scholarly articles. When a student paraphrases information, it should be written in his or her own words. Changing one or two words in unacceptable. Putting a catch all at the end of every paragraph is unacceptable. Students should not limit resources to only online. The paper must be submitted using the drop box by April 6 BY 10:00 AM. Early submissions are appreciated (and may receive bonus points). I will be using Turnitin to check for plagiarism.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Objectives:
• Recognize the increasing incidence of Human papillomavirus (HPV).
• Recognize the role HPV plays in increasing the risk of developing cervical cancer.
• Discuss health risks related to a female having HPV.
• Recognize strategies to help decrease the incidence of HPV in childhood through early adulthood.
• Identify some typical treatment strategies for the patient who has HPV.
• Analyze the ethical considerations in mandating universal HPV vaccination.
•CDC: Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Infection
o http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv View the following under this link:
o Click on “HPV and HPV Vaccine (4th icon down) Information for Healthcare Providers”
o Click on HPV Papillomavirus: HPV Information for Clinicians, brochure on transmission, then click under brochure “Print in brochure format” (no need to actually print this)
•The Public Health Promise and Potential Pitfalls of the World’s First cervical Cancer Vaccine
•HPV Vaccine - ACOG American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist recommendations
•Pan American Health Organization/Regional Office of the World Health Organization
o Click on Pan American Health Organization Promoting Health in the..
o Then Click on the “Fact Sheet” under the HPV update
o “Should states mandate HPV vaccination?”
Pro side for one of the above debate topic.
• Submit a written argument supporting the assigned PRO perspective. The perspective paper should be no longer than 2 double spaced pages and should be supported with 2 references. One of the sources above may be used as one reference; the other reference should be from an additional source. Be sure to include a reference citation for the sources used. Sources need to be 2004 and newer.
• APA format
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 5 Words: 2000 Works Cited: 8 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: * A controversy paper about mandating HPV vaccine for school admittance
* 4-5 pages
* Minimum of 8 sources (only 2 my be popular sources all othes must be scholarly)
* Central Argument "It would be negligent to mandate this vaccine and make school admittance contingent upon recieving it.
* Minimum 2 Key points (max 4) to support central argument (must use at least 2 sources to back up key points)
* Alternate view(s) (min of 2 sources to back up) This should explain why my central argument is more valid or backed by more evidence or otherwise superior to the alternate view.
* Limitations (2-4 limitations of the evidence or logic of my position (central argument) List at least two sources for studies that have these limitations.
* Conclusion: Briefly state conclusion in 1-2 sentences. Restate position. Note implications for future programming, practice, policy, and/or research.
**** I am not opposed personally based on moral and religious grounds to this vaccine, I do not believe that it will encourage promiscuity. As a parent I do not want to be legally obligated to give my young daughter something that has potentially dangers side effects and the long term risks are unknown. I do not want this paper to come across as me being a defender of abstinence only curriculums who thinks that the vaccine would encourage my daughter to have sex. I would like to sound cautious and educated.****
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..