Erikson's Developmental Stages and Gordon's Functional Health Patterns (2012) Kirkwood Edu. Retrieved from: http://www.kirkwood.edu/pdf/uploaded/341/nursproc.pdf
Gordon's Typology of 11 Functional Health Patterns for Assessment. (2012) Nurses Guide Retrieved from: http://thenurseguide.blogspot.com/2011/06/gordons-typology-of-11-fuctional-health.html
Ricci, Susan Scott and Kyle, Terri (2008) Maternity and Pediatric Nursing. Wolters Kluwer Health. Retrieved from: http://books.google.com/books?id=gaYtFuND7VIC&dq=the+nurse+communication+with+children+and+adults&source=gbs_navlinks_s
Avis, N. et al. (2009). Longitudinal changes in sexual functioning as women transition
through menopause: results from the study of women's health across the nation.
16 (3): pp 442-452, Menopause: the North American Menopause Society. Retrieved on January 19, 2010 from http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/703258
Cox, E (2008). Intimate partner violence among pregnant and parenting women.
National Association of County and City Health Officials: the National Connection
for Local Public Health. Retrieved on January 19, 2010 from http://www.naccho.org/topics/HPDP/mch/upload/IPV-Issue-Brief-6-11-08.pdf
Eden, K. J and Wylie, K.R. (2009). Quality of sexual life and menopause. 5 (5):
pp 385-396 Women's Health: Future Medicine Ltd. Retrieved on January 19,
2010 from http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/708621
Hall, P. et al. (2004). Risky adolescent sexual behavior: a psychological perspective for primary care clinicians. 4 (1) Advanced Practice Nursing Journal: Medscape LLC.
Retrieved on January 19, 2010 from http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/467059
Kuzmarov, I.W., et al. (2008). Sexuality in the aging woman. 11 (10): pp 589-594 Journal
of Geriatrics and Aging: 1453987 Ontario, Ltd. Retrieved on January 25, 2010 from http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/586758
Laumann, E.O. (2009). Problems and associated help-seeking behavior patterns in mature adults in the United States of America. 21 (3): pp 171-178 International
Journal of Impotence Research: Retrieved on January 19, 2010 from http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/704084
Nettleman M., et al. (2007). Reasons for unprotected intercourse in adult women: a qualitative study. Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health: Elsevier Science, Inc.
Retrieved on January 19, 2010 from http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/555314
Pray, S. And Pray J.J. (2003). Counseling teens on sex. U.S. Pharmacist: Johnson
Publishing. Retrieved on January 19, 2010 from http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/466384
Satcher, D. (2001). The Surgeon General's call to action to promote sexual health and responsible sexual behavior. Office of the Surgeon General: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Retrieved on January 19, 2010 from http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/sexualhealth/call.htm
Wallace, M.A. (2008). Assessment of sexual health in older adults. Vol 108 # 7: pp 52-
60, American Journal of Nursing: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. Retrieved on January 19, 2010 from http://www.nursingcenter.com/prodev/ce_article_asp?tid=801035
1. Blinderman CD, Homel P, Billings JA, Portenoy RK, Tennstedt SL, 2008. Symptom Distress and Quality of Life in Patients with Advanced Congestive Heart Failure. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management, 35(6), pp.594-603.
2. Jarvis, C, 2009. Physical examination and health assessment: First Canadian Edition. Toronto, Ont: Elsevier Canada.
3. Karapolat et al., 2008. Effect of dyspnea and clinical variables on the quality of life and functional capacity in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and congestive heart failure. Chinese Medical Journal, 121(7), pp592-596.
4. Adult Cardio-Respiratory Assessment. Adapted from First Nations and Inuit Health Branch, 2006. Clinical Practice Guidelines for Nurses in Primary Care. CRNBC Janurary 2010/Pub. 780.
5. Held et al., 2007. Glucose Levels Predict Hospitalization for Congestive Heart Failure in Patients at High Cardiovascular Risk. Circulation Journal of the American Heart Association. 115, pp.1371-1375.
6. Paterna, Salatore et al., 2008. Normal-sodium diet compared with low-sodium diet in compensated congestive heart failure: is sodium an old enemy or a new friend? Clinical Science, 114, pp.221-230.
7. McKee PA, Castelli WP, McNamara PM, Kannel WB, 1971. The natural history of congestive heart failure: the Framingham study. New England Journal of Medicine, 285(26), pp.1441 -- 6.
8. Dickstein K, Cohen-Solal A, Filippatos G, et al., 2008. "ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure 2008: the Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Acute and Chronic Heart Failure 2008 of the European Society of Cardiology. Developed in collaboration with the Heart Failure Association of the ESC (HFA) and endorsed by the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine (ESICM)." European Heart Journal, 29(19), pp.2388 -- 442.
9. Smith et al., 2009. Elevated Depression Symptoms Predict Long-Term Cardiovascular Mortality in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation and Heart Failure: Circulation Journal of the American Heart Association, 120, pp.134-140.
10. American Holistic Nurses' Association. What is Holistic Nursing? Available at: http://www.ahna.org/about/whatis.html. Accessed October 16, 2002.