1. Relate the statement, "First impressions
count," to the formatting of an assigned paragraph or essay.
2. Summarize how the five steps to writing a successful narrative can truly make a difference in the written document.
3. Referring to the assigned essay, "The Game of My Life," by Jeff Obafemi Carr (page 542), give examples of, and assess Mr. Carr's attention to the last three steps of writing a successful narrative: center on conflict; use of dialogue; and know your purpose.
4. Summarize the three types of examples, which can be used as a writing technique, to add specific detail to paragraphs.
5. Compare the importance of the tools of a writer (description, narration, and example) to those of a carpenter.
6. Using the run-on sentence that follows, explain how you would correct the grammatical error, applying each of the five methods. (5 methods: Period and Capital Letter, Comma and FANBOYS Conjunction, Semicolon, Semicolon and Transitional Expression, and Dependent Word)
At the family reunion, Ellen enjoyed seeing aunts, uncles, and cousins that she had not seen in years, her teenage children became quickly bored and were glad when it was time to go home.
7. Referring to the assigned reading, "The Brutal Business of Boxing," by John Head, does the author make more use of single example, sentence-length example, or extended example? Justify your answer.
8. Summarize the five types of sentence fragments that were presented in Unit 6 and explain the method/s for correcting each type. (5 Types: Dependent Clause Fragments, Verbal Phrase Fragments (to, -ing, -ed), Missing-Subject Fragments, Example and Exception Fragments, and Prepositional Phrase Fragments).
9. Explain why there are two schools of thought regarding the following question: Is it acceptable to begin a sentence with "but?"
10. Describe and explain how definition, classification, and process are methods of showing the limits of a topic, the boarders that define it, and of ordering it into steps, stages, or types.
There are faxes for this order.
[ Order Custom Essay ]
[ View Full Essay ]