This essay should be two pages maximum, double spaced, 12 pt, and 1 inch margins. Essays are to be written in Microsoft Word.
Behavior is a key factor to our health. We are always learning new behaviors and updating or modifying our old behaviors. The choices we make are important; some are especially important during special times of our lives, such as during pregnancy or after illnesses. This week we will examine the variety of diets
"approved" by many physicians and dietitians. Current information not only includes health fact but also behavioral modifications. First examine the links provided and then write an essay to fully answer the questions below.
Go to http://www.eatright.org/.
* Choose Position Papers > Nutrition Management > Weight Management.
* Read the section on Interventions.
Go to http://www.niddk.nih.gov/.
* Enter the search words "low calorie diets
* Read several of the articles found.
Go to http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/
* Enter the search words "sample reduced calorie menus" to view eating plans
for a very low calorie diet
Go to http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/obesity/lose_wt/lcal_fat.htm for a list of healthful low-calorie, low-fat alternatives to common favorite foods.
Analyze two low calorie diet plans
by answering the following questions:
1. What is a low calorie diet
2. Is it different from a very low calorie diet
3. Does a person need medical supervision while trying either of these approaches?
4. Who are the candidates for either of these diets
5. What are the potential benefits of such an eating plan
6. Are there potential risks?
7. Is this a long term plan
? What is the ultimate goal for a person who is on a LCD or a VLCD plan
8. What are some of the challenges in maintaining healthful eating habits while adhering to either of these diets
For additional information:
[ Order Custom Essay ]
[ View Full Essay ]