Essay Instructions: I need an essay broken down into 5 paragraphs dicussing the following topics:
1. If Colonial America differed from England because it offered greater opportunities, the degree to which one could take advantage of these opportunities depended upon gender, race, ethnicity, and religion. Discuss how these factors effected the ability of certain groups of people to enjoy the promise of Colonial America.
2. What was the impact of British mercantilist policy on colonial economic development, policy-making, and on colonial society? Who made up the colonial elite? To what extent did they dominate the socio-economic and political policies in the colonies? Could slavery have become as pervasive as it did without mercantilism?
3. Discuss the origins of colonial North American slavery. Compare and contrast eighteenth century slavery as it existed in the Chesapeake, in South Carolina and Georgia, and in the northern colonies. How did differences in regions, crop cultivation, and personal skill create opportunities for varied experiences among enslaved Africans? How did enslaved Africans use cultural retentions to preserve their humanity and to implement a distinct culture in America?
4. Discuss the impact of both The Enlightenment and The Great Awakening on the colonial population. What segments of the population were drawn to the ideas of each of these movements? What was the impact of the Enlightenment on American culture and political life? Of the Great Awakening? What contradictions in North American colonial society were exposed by these movements?
5. Throughout the colonial period, what were the factors that hindered or promoted a sense of national identity? At what point did nationalism become a major influence and why? Discuss how and why the lifestyles and experiences of American colonists began to differ from those of their kinfolk in England. How did tensions between democratic and aristocratic elements evolve into an “American” culture that was increasingly cohesive while distinct from England? Did the American colonists and the British have “irreconcilable differences” that made the colonial bid for separation inevitable, or were the colonists more like the mother country than ever before?
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: I'm preparing essay question for midterm..
you may need write example for essay,
so please, go to https://eee.uci.edu/08f/28090/syllabus.htm and you can use any document in from week 1 to week 5.
you'll be required ID and password to see the documents, and both are 40a.
Here's a questions : On the one hand, we might view European, African, and Native American interactions in colonial America as violent, contentious, and socially fragmented. On the other hand, we might emphasize cultural exchanges, various alliances (if only temporary), and negotiations for power. Which perspective better captures colonial America? Are these two perspectives mutually exclusive? Support your answer with clear examples
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: I will e-mail you the sources to be used. Please use this sources only. This is a research paper in the: Colonial America.
Need to develope a thesis and used the articles supplied by me to defended...Please no narrative, but a well thought analisys of the events. Please make shure the paper is 4 full pages. Please once you received the sources e-mail me back.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Answer all four (4) questions. Your answers should be about 500 words in length.
1) What set the Puritans (who arrived in America in 1630) apart from other early English colonists? During the first century of settlement they faced many challenges. Discuss these challenges and the Puritans? responses to them.
2) n 17th century North America the French, Spanish, Dutch, and English all jockeyed to obtain a share in the New World while the Native Americans fought to hang to what had once been theirs alone. The Africans became unwilling participants in this international contest. What were some of the long-term effects of the cross-cultural exchanges among these groups? Discuss both specific benefits and negative aspects in detail, illustrating your answer with examples from your reading.
3) If you were a well-to-do 17th century European or Englishman looking to make a financial investment in the American colonies, would you choose to put your money in the New England area or the Chesapeake? How did the two areas differ in terms of family structure, work, class, religion, and state building? What impact would these things have on your decision to invest and why?
4) In 1719 Daniel Defoe published his novel Robinson Crusoe. Set in 1651, the hero explains his circumstances:
Being the third son of the family and not bred to any trade, my head began to be filled very early with rambling thoughts. My father, who was very ancient, had given me a competent share of learning, as far as house-education and a country free school generally go, and designed me for the law; but I would be satisfied with nothing but going to sea?.My father, a wise and grave man, gave me serious and excellent counsel against what he foresaw was my design. He called me one morning into his chamber, where he was confined by the gout, and expostulated very warmly with me upon this subject. He asked me what reasons, more than a mere wandering inclination, I had for leaving father?s house and my native country?. He told me it was men of desperate fortunes on one hand, or of aspiring, superior fortunes on the other, who went abroad upon adventures, to rise by enterprise, and make themselves famous in undertakings?.
Life and Adventures of Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe Philadelphia: Porter & Coates, 1870. Digital E Book on Goggle Books
If colonial America differed from England because it offered greater opportunities to both those of ?desperate fortunes? or ?superior fortunes?, the degree to which one could take advantage of these opportunities depended upon gender, race, ethnicity, and religion. Consider the ways in which three of these factors enabled some people to enjoy the promise of Colonial America more fully than others.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..