Berger, B. (2009). Communication Skills for Pharmacists: Building Relationships, Improving Patient Care. American Pharmacists Association.
Farb, D. (2004). Provider Patient Relationships Library Edition: With Practical Techniques for Improving Customer Care in Healthcare, for All Levels Such As Office Manager, Doctor, Nurse, Practice Administrator. University Of Health Care.
Fox, S., and Chesla, C. (2008). Living with chronic illness: a phenomenological study of the health effects of the patient-provider relationship. J Am Acad Nurse Pract. 20(3):109-17.
Grove, K.S., Burns, N., and Gray, J. (2010). Study Guide for Understanding Nursing Research: Building an Evidence-Based Practice. Saunders.
Herzlinger, E.R. (2004). Consumer-Driven Health Care: Implications for Providers, Payers, and Policy-Makers. Jossey-Bass.
Honeycutt, A. (2011). Understanding Human Behavior: A Guide for Health Care Providers (Milliken, Understanding Human Behavior). Delmar Cengage Learning.
Koloroutis, M. (2004). Relationship-Based Care: A Model for Transforming Practice. Creative Health Care Management.
Sparks, L. (2010). Patient Provider Interaction. Polity.
Register, Cheri. (1999).
The Chronic Illness Experience: Embracing the Imperfect Life.
Minneapolis: Hazelden Information and Educational Services.
The Impact of Chronic Disability on Couples. (n.d.). Retrieved July 25, 2003 at http://www.lighthouse.org/supportgroup/discussion_guideimpact.htm.
Newcombe, Freda. (Rev. September 20, 2002). Chronic Illness - Impact and Response. Retrieved July 25, 2003 at http://www.infotech.demon.co.uk/Chron.htm
1) Family Caregiver Alliance, "Multiple Sclerosis," Accessed on 10th October 2004, http://www.caregiver.org/caregiver/jsp/content_node.jsp?nodeid=576
2) Stark, Sharon, "Cognitive Symptoms and Correlates of Physical Disability in Individuals with Multiple Sclerosis," Journal of Neuroscience Nursing, 12/1/2003
3) Chan A, Heck CS, "Mobility in Multiple Sclerosis: More than Just a Physical Problem," Int J. MSCare [serial online]. Mar 2000; 3:35 -- 40. Available at:
4) Toombs, S.K. (1995). Sufficient unto the day: A life with multiple sclerosis. In S.K. Toombs, D. Barnard & R. Carson (Eds.). Chronic illness: from experience to policy. Bloomington and Indianapolis: Indiana University Press.
5) Mayo Clinic, "Patients With Multiple Sclerosis May Want to Take Wait-and-See
Approach to Medications," Accessed on Oct 10th 2004,
Gay, L.R. (1996). Educational research: Competencies for analysis and application.
Upper Saddle River, NJ: Merrill.
Polit, H and Beck, T. (2008). Nursing Research. 8th ed. Williams and Wilkins: New Delhi.
World Health Organization and Public Health Agency of Canada. (2005). Preventing chronic diseases. A vital investment. Retrieved (online) December 20, 2011 from http://www.who.int/chp/chronic_disease_report/en/index.html