Total Pages: 8 Words: 2353 Sources: 10 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: Chaos and management essay - describe what is called as ?ordinary? and ? extraordinary? management and the ?rational model? as written about in Parker, David & Stacey's 2007 article "Chaos, Management and Economics"
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: This paper can only be done IF the writer can get a hold of 2 books: "Chaos: Making a New Science" by James Gleick and "Does God Play Dice? The Mathematics of Chaos" by Ian Stewart. Write a review of the 2 books. In addition to a review of each book, the paper should include a comparison of the 2 books with respect to the main points of the writer's reviews. The paper must be addressed to a well-informed, generally educated reader. Hence, write for a reader who might read the New York Times regularly, who might look into an issue of Scientific American occasionally. In particular, your reader should not be assumed to have a technical background. Thus, where your review addresses technical issues, take care to explain those issues for the non-expert. Avoid jargon! A review of of the kind that might appear among the book reviews in the Sunday New York Times or Chicago Tribune would be appropriate.
An appropriate review should address issues of a kind that would interest you when you read such a review. Here is a list of good questions I want you to discuss in the review:
1. How is the subject of chaos defined or described by each author?
2. What is the scope of the subject or chaos as portrayed by each author?
3. What organizing principles govern the choice of material for inclusion in each volume?
4. For each author, what is novel about the subject? Why is the subject important?
5. According to the authors, how does the study of chaos relate to the traditional organization of scientific disciplines or to conventional formulations of scientific investigations?
6. How has the subject altered the landscape of modern science?
7. Who are the readers to whom each book is addressed?
8. What needs do such books fill?
Please use quotations carefully: short relevant quotations (2 or 3 per page) with page number and book cited immediately after each quotation. Do NOT use lengthy quotations to fill up space. Avoid redundancies and wordiness. This is to be a graduate-level book review.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Write a paper on a topic: Chaos and Order: How Philosophy got started from the book: "Compassion, A New Philosophy of the Order" by Werner J. Krieglstein. Based on the chapter 3: Perspectives from the Edge of Chaos (chapter 3 will be emailed as a source) please explain the topic and how is it dealt with in the chapter. Also, find additional material from the outside sources. You must refer to at least two philosophers and how they relate to the topic. Then, introduce your own ideas and evaluation. Finish with a short book evaluation. Use MLA.
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 2 Words: 991 Bibliography: 2 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: Writer: Serban
Food Labeling Chaos: The Need for Reform
?Accurate, easy-to-read, and scientifically valid nutrition and health information on food labels is an essential component of a comprehensive public health strategy to help consumers improve their diets and reduce their risk of diet-related diseases. Improved food labeling could provide consumers with easy-to-read nutrition and ingredient information that they can use to reduce their risk of the leading causes of death in the United States today, including heart attack, stroke, certain forms of cancer, and diabetes?. (Silverglade and Heller, 2010. Food Labeling Chaos. The Case for Reform, part 1-1)
Please find the report: "Food Labeling Chaos. The Case for Reform" in course files, Wk. 8. Read the Executive Summary, Part I, the Introduction, and Part II, Improving the Nutrition Facts Panel. Please respond to the following questions by the time we meet again.
1. Do an online search for references to the Center for Science in the Public Interest. What can you find out about this organization?
Where do they get their funding? Who do they answer to? What is their mission? Who is on their board of directors? Cite your online sources (at least 2). Based upon what you find out, would you trust the nutrition information published by this organization?
2. In Part II, Improving the Nutrition Facts Label. Please summarize the recommendations listed for improving the nutrition facts label, including the authors? rationale. For each of the recommendations, what is the current regulatory and legislative status?
3. Look at the list of chapters that give details of each of the food labeling revisions recommended by the authors. Choose two of the recommendations that you feel are especially important, and read those chapters. Summarize the argument. State whether you agree or disagree with the evidence presented, and give at least one example from your own experience with food labels for each of the recommendations on which you chose to elaborate.
4. Silverglade and Heller claim that the revisions in food labeling showing accurate nutrition and health information could make an impact on the current epidemic of type II diabetes, obesity and CVD. Further, ?while cost-benefit ratios are hard to establish, the use of nutrition labeling is associated with healthier diets?. In your experience of shopping for and selecting packaged foods, would you say this claim is realistic? Why?
Please don't included repitition words and avoid using the word over and over again (Just to make sentences long) Sorry, I just had couple bad experiences with other writer.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..