Essay Instructions: Using case vignette (will be provided), select two psychotherapeutic orientations (from readings I will be attaching) and do the following:
1) briefly review the main features of the treatment theory, goals, and specific techniques (be sure to use appropriate citations and include only review that is relevant to the case presented in the vignette); and
2) apply these perspectives to the vignette.
In the application of each theoretical orientation to the vignette, be sure to state the: 1) case formulation, 2) goals for treatment, and 3) specific strategies or techniques that would be used in the treatment from that particular orientation for that particular client(s).
In the case formulation, be sure to address any mandated reporting/safety issues, the need for outside consultations (such as medical evaluation), sources of information about the client(s) (i.e., who do you want to speak to about the client(s)?), and include the cultural formulation.
The treatment goals and techniques should be specific to the case vignette and should be related to the theory you reviewed in the earlier section of the paper. Be sure to incorporate information about diversity into the case conceptualization and treatment plan.
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: This is a 2 part paper. The first part of the paper (Case Conceptualization) has been completed and graded. The second part (Case Formulation with Treatment Plan) is the basis for this assignment. The first part will be uploaded….
Here are the directions:
Prepare a written clinical case formulation that includes a literature review relevant to the presenting problems, case conceptualization (may be same client from u03a1), etiology of the presenting problem and diagnosis, theoretical approach, treatment plan, treatment referral, and potential ethical and legal issues involved.
The case also should involve a client with multiple problems and systems issues (such as family, school, work) and be a client from social-cultural backgrounds different from the counselor. The information in your case conceptualization should lead you to clinical hypotheses about what drives the client’s presenting problem(s) and the hypotheses should dictate the treatment goals for your clients. This formulation should be centered in an integrative theoretical approach best suited for your client. You may wish to utilize Activity 1.1 (Ingram, 2006, p. 548) and Maria: A Sample Case Formulation Report (Ingram, 2006, p. 589??"597) as resources in how to create a Case Formulation Report. If you need me to send a copy of the Case Formulation...let me know.
To successfully complete this project, you will be expected to:
1. Evaluate the major counseling theories related to clinical practice.
2. Establish long and short range counseling goals based on theoretical counseling orientation.
3. Apply counseling theories, techniques, and methods to client needs.
Project Component Course Grade Weight Unit Due
Case Conceptualization 20% Unit 3
Case Formulation with Treatment Plan 25% Unit 10
To achieve a successful project experience and outcome, you are expected to meet the following requirements.
• Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
• APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (5th Edition) style and formatting
• Number of resources: Minimum of 8 peer reviewed references.
• Length of paper: 10??"15 typed double-spaced pages.
• Font and font size: Arial, 10 point.
This is the distinguished criteria for evaluating the project…A distinguished paper would meet the following criteria on the grading rubric
Integrates knowledge of the various theories and accompanying methods and procedures for the treatment of clients from diverse social-cultural backgrounds.
Compares and contrasts skills involved with the effective practice of the major counseling theories to include individual, group, systems, developmental and consultation forms of counseling
Generates appropriate treatment goals that promote social justice and respect for diversity while utilizing a personal theoretical counseling orientation for working with a diverse client population
Supports counseling goals with empirical evidence from available research, and provides specific examples
Evaluates the effectiveness of major theoretical approaches as applied to culturally diverse populations, and provides a detailed rationale
Examines the importance of varying counseling approaches to meet the needs of clients from diverse social-cultural backgrounds.
Generates treatment plans for clients from diverse social-cultural backgrounds that promote social justice and respect for diversity, and provides a detailed rationale for the type of treatment plan chosen.
The first half of the paper has been completed (and I will attach it to the e paper that I will attach to the document.
Overall Comments from first PART !
Rodney you presented an interesting case with attention to cultural dimension in terms of black women (are you considering research in this area for dissertation?), but not so much in terms of ethnicity. I noted you addressed this creatively in your post in terms of the meaning attributed to weight for example. Certainly cultural considerations are ethical considerations in counseling - discussing this more explicitly, and perhaps the crisis element of this case in terms of voluntary treatment would have helped you more fully meet the criteria. Check on your APA formatting in terms of the Running head: COMPREHENSIVE CASE STUDY. Note I did credit you fully for the last criterion given your in depth discussion of approaches but noted there was little support provided relative to the effectiveness of these approaches, especially with a client of this cultural background.
Customer is requesting that (blannelberry) completes this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Put yourself in a position of a clinician and complete the following activities:
1. Select an individual (artist, writer, musician, actor, famous person, etc.) who has suffered from a psychological disorder.
2. Provide relevant history.
3. Describe evaluation procedures.
4. Identify a diagnosis using the DSM IV criteria
5. Develop a case formulation.
6. Develop a cultural formulation.
7. Plan the most appropriate treatment program for the given diagnosis
based upon a review of findings from current research
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 6 Words: 1659 Bibliography: 7 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: This assignment provides you with the opportunity to apply theories and models of substance abuse to a case study, and develop an intervention plan which applies a treatment model (e.g. motivational interviewing) to the presenting issues of the client. This assignment should be written in first person as the counsellor or services provider. Academic writing and referencing conventions are to be followed. Your essay should include an introduction and conclusion.
Watch one of the following Australian films which feature the impact of drug and/or alcohol abuse:
Samson and Delilah
The Finished People
Choose one of the characters in the film who is using or abusing alcohol and/or other drugs as the basis for your client and case study.
Write a concise description (no more than 300 words) of the character and their family and the social context as the case study.
Provide an assessment and case formulation of the client, their psychosocial needs, and their use or abuse of alcohol and/or other drugs. References from this unit should be used to support your assessment and formulation.
Briefly describe the substance abuse counselling model you would draw on and its usefulness for the client. Describe how you would work with the client and the likely outcomes, using published research on client outcomes in the drug and alcohol field of research. Describe the challenges the client would face and identify the supports for recovery in their social context.
Identify ethical issues likely to be faced in counselling the client, referring to relevant codes of ethics.
1. Case study is written concisely, describes the client’s social and family context and is true to the film
2. Assessment and case formulation are well-reasoned, specify the psychosocial needs of the client and supported by theory
3. Accurate description of substance abuse counselling model, or treatment option and rationale for use with the client are outlined
4. Credible outline of the counselling or treatment process, client outcomes, challenges and supports is provided
5. Case study includes accurate identification of ethical issues
6. Appropriate introduction is provided that clearly articulates the topic
7. Main ideas are clearly and logically presented
8. Appropriate conclusion is provided that summarises the major points of the case study and what was learnt from the assignment
9. Relevant references from this unit are used to support the case study (minimum 8 references for undergraduate students)
10. Academic writing style is used including correct spelling, grammar and punctuation; presentation guidelines followed as specified in the Academic Skills Guide and first person writing style is used
11. Writing is direct, concise and clear
12. Word count is within 10% of requirement
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..