Obama's Health-Care Plan: Pros and Cons Debate. (2012). My Family Doctor.com. Retrieved from: http://familydoctormag.com/doctors-office/1291-obamas-health-care-plan-doctors-debate-pros-and-cons.html
Underinsured in America: Is Health Coverage Adequate? (July 2002). Kaiser Commission
on Key Facts -- Medicaid and the Uninsured. Cited in:
DeNavas-Walt, C., et.al. (2008). Income, Poverty, and Health Insurance in the United States.
Current Population Reports -- U.S. Census. Cited in:
1. Cantor, J., (2000), Media Violence and Children's Emotions, Paper presented at American Psychological Association Convention, Washington, [Online] retrieved from World Wide Web on 4th March 2011, http://www.joannecantor.com/EMOTIONS2_sgl.htm
2. Children & TV Violence (1999), [Online] retrieved from World Wide Web on 4 March 2011, http://www.abelard.org/tv/tv.htm
3. Eron, L.D. (1963). Relationship of TV viewing habits and aggressive behavior in children, Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology, 67, 193-196.
4. Eron, L.D., & Huesmann, L.R. (1986). The role of television in the development of pro-social and antisocial behavior. In: D. Olweus, J. Block & M. Radke-Yarrow (Eds.), Development of antisocial and pro-social behavior, (pp. 285-314). New York: Academic Press
5. Freedman, J.L., (2002), Media Violence and Its Effect on Aggression: Assessing the Scientific Evidence, Toronto: University of Toronto Press
6. Hearold, S. (1986), A synthesis of effects of television on social behavior. In G. Comstock (Ed.), Public communications and behavior: Volume I. (pp. 65-133). New York: Academic Press.
7. Huesmann, L.R. & Eron, L.D. (1986). The development of aggression in children of different cultures: Psychological processes and exposure to violence. In L.R. Huesmann & L.D. Eron (Eds.), Television and the aggressive child: A cross-national comparison. 1-27. Hillsdale, N.J.: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
8. Ledingham, J.E., Ledingham, C.A. And Richardson, J.E., (1993), The Effects of Media Violence on Children, [Online] retrieved from World Wide Web on 4 March 2011, http://www.indiana.edu/~cspc/media.htm
9. Osofsky, J.D., (1999) The Future of Children, Domestic Violence and Children, Vol. 9, No. 3
10. Senate Committee on the Judiciary, (1999), Children, Violence and the Media, [Online] retrieved from World Wide Web on 4 March 2011, http://www.indiana.edu/~cspc/ressenate.htm
11. Surgeon General, (2001) "Youth Violence: A Report of the Surgeon General," [Online] retrieved from World Wide Web on 4 March 2011, www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/youthviolence
12. Ward, S., Reale, G., & Levinson, D. (1972). Children's perceptions, explanations, and judgments of television advertising: A further exploration. In E.A. Rubinstein, G.A. Comstock, & J.P. Murray (Eds.), Television and social behavior, Vol. IV: Television in day-to-day life: Patterns of use (pp. 468-490). Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office.
Eron, L.D., Huesmann, L.R., Lefkowitz, M.M., & Walder, 0, (1972). Does television violence cause aggression? American Psychologist, 27, 253-263.
Eron, L.D., & Huesmann, L.R. (1986), The role of television in the development of pro-social and antisocial behavior, In: D. Olweus, J. Block & M. Radke-Yarrow (Eds.), Development of antisocial and pro-social behavior, (pp. 285-314). New York: Academic Press.
Aslan, Reza. (2006). Depicting Mohammed. Slate. Retrieved April 5, 2011, from http://www.slate.com.
Cohen, Patricia. (2009). Danish Cartoon Controversy. The New York Times. Retrieved April
5, 2011, from http://www.nytimes.com.
Block, H. (Artist) (1979). Spiritual Leader, Washington Post, Field Newspaper
Syndicate, April 8, 1979. Found online at Pop Art Machine, http://popartmachine.com/item/pop_art/LOC+1158615/SPIRITUAL-LEADER-/-HERBLOCK.-UNPROCESSED-%5BITEM%5D-%5BP&P%5DREPRODUCTION..., retrieved March 1, 2010.
Chunovic, L. (2000). One Foot on the Floor: The Curious Evolution of Sex on Television
From I Love Lucy to South Park. University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, MI.
Harper's Weekly (1862). Uncle Sam. Found online at http://www.sonofthesouth.net/uncle-sam/, retrieved March 12, 2010.
Jyllands-Posten (2006). Muhammad Cartoon Gallery. Human Events, found online at http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=12146, retrieved March 1, 2010.
Lively, D. And Weaver, R. (2006). Contemporary Supreme Court Cases: Landmark
Decisions Since Roe v. Wade, Greenwood Publishing Group, Westport, CT.
Lunsford, a., Wilson, K., and Eberly, R., (2008). The Sage Handbook of Rhetorical
Studies. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA.
New York Times Co. v. Sullivan (2010), found online at http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/avp/cas/comm/free_speech/nytvsullivan.html, retrieved March 5, 2010.
Saturday Live Transcripts (2010). Weekend Update with Jane Curtin. Found online at http://snltranscripts.jt.org/76/76jupdate.phtml, retrieved March 8, 2010.
Smith, B. (2007). Clinton Campaign Kills Negative Story. Politico, found online at http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0907/5992.html, retrieved March 5, 2010.
The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition (2010). Uncle Sam. Encyclopedia.com, found online at http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Uncle_Sam.aspx, retrieved March 15, 2010.
The Huffington Post (2010). New York Post Chimp Cartoon Compares Stimulus Author
to Dead Primate. The Huffington Post, found online at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/18/new-york-post-chimp-carto_n_167841.html, retrieved March 12, 2010.
The Oregon Commentator (2007). Strong Families Raise Strong Degenerates, May 22,
2007. Found online at www.oregoncommentator.com/2007/05/page/2/, retrieved March 2, 2010.
U.S. News and World Report, Vol. 120, (1996). U.S. News Public Corporation.