Total Pages: 3 Words: 839 Sources: 2 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: using the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas website
1. You are in charge of designing a consumer advertisement for the Atlantis Bahamas. How would you determine the message of the advertisement? What factors would you focus on using in the ad and why? Create a consumer advertisement for the Atlantis.
2. Does the Atlantis Bahamas web site have a separate section for group/organizations? How does this section differ from the consumer site?
3. Does anything in the site deal with characteristics of perishables, for example, specials?
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Within the past centries, there has been an ongoing debate between supporters of a Lost Coninent, mainly on whether it existed or not. Through popular arguments it will be proven that Atlantis never existed.
A strong thesis is needed in the introduction. WHy is Atlantis or a Lost world popular even though it has been proven to never exist. Discuss Plato, Ignatius Donnelly and their connection the belief of a lost continent while adhearing the guidelines below. Also discuss the charlatan Graham Hancock and how he's making money off the idea
The analysis needs to be a clear, thoughtful, logical, and above all SCIENTIFIC analysis of the material using a critical eye to detect flaws in the fantastic arguments. What does scientific inquiry say about the PSEUDOSCIENTIFIC claim? Why do people choose to believe questionable claims about the past? Is the case one of intentional hoax, and if so what was the motive? Why should people have known that an assertion was questionable, or perhaps outright false?
Since it needs to be argued from the point of view of the skeptical, critical, SCIENTIFIC observer, the position should be supported by logical evidence, or at least logical alternative explanation and hypothesis. It is not enough to say that something is "clearly a hoax" or to say that "science tells us that this is untrue".. It must demonstrate that you understand the process of scientific inquiry and reasoning, and lest you fall into the same trap as pseudoscientists, evidence must be provided to support the claim. Otherwise, the opinion is worth no more than those making the original claim.
The paper must be in the style of archaeological research papers. The discipline of archaeology follows the convention of the journal American Antiquity for citation of references and bibliographic style.
These can be used while writing the paper:
Sagan Tools: Baloney kit tools for skeptical thinking.
Skeptical thinking boils down to is the means to construct, and to understand a reasoned argument and – especially- important- to recognize a fallacious or fraudulent argument. The question is not whether we like the conclusion that emerges out of a train of reasoning, but whether the conclusion follows from the premise or starting point and whether the premise is true.
• Wherever possible there must be independent confirmation of the “facts”
• Encourage substantive debate on the evidence by knowledgeable proponents of all points of view
• Arguments from authority carry little weight – “authorities” have made mistakes in the past. They will do so again in the future. Perhaps a better way to say it is that in science there are no authorities; at most, there are experts
• Spin more than one hypothesis. If there’s something to be explained, think of all the different ways in which it could be explained. Then think of tests by which you might systematically disprove each of the alternatives. What survives, the hypothesis that resists disproof in this Darwinian selection among “multiple working hypothesis,” has a much better chance of being the right answer than if you had simply run with the first idea that caught your fancy.
• Try not to get overly attached to a hypothesis just because it’s yours. It’s only a station in the pursuit if knowledge. Ask yourself why you like the idea. Compare it fairly with the alternatives. See if you can find reasons for rejecting it. IF you don’t, others will.
• Quantify. If whatever it is you’re explaining has some measure, some numerical quantity attached to it, you’ll be much better able to discriminate among competing hypothesis. What is vague and qualitative is open to many explanations. Of course there are truths to be sought in the many qualitative issues we are obliged to confront, but finding them is more challenging
• If there’s a chain of arguments, every link in the chain must work (including the premise)- not just most of them.
• Occam’s Razor. This convenient rule of thumb urges us when faced with two hypotheses that explain the data quality well to choose the simpler.
• Always ask whether the hypothesis can be, at least in principle, falsified. Propositions that are un-testable, unfalsifiable are not worth much. Consider the grand idea that our Universe and everything in it is just an elementary particle- an electron, say- in a much bigger Cosmos. But if we can never acquire information from outside our Universe, is not the idea of incapable to disproof? You must be able to check assertions out. Inveterate skeptics must be given the chance to follow your reasoning, to duplicate your experiment and see if they get the same result.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 13 Words: 3933 Works Cited: 0 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: Title: To what extent does Soloman's House in 'The New Atlantis' reflect the doctrines of 'Novum Organum'?
Requirements: The paper MUST fully answer the question with no irrelevant discussion that deviates from the topic. The paper must remain focused on fully answering the question and discussing in detail how far Solomon's House reflects the doctrines of Bacon's 'Novum Organum'. It must address and discuss all the issues that arise from the question and show critical enquiring thought. Also, the essay must make an articulate and informative, clear and relevant argument that develops the topic.
One of the central doctrines of Bacon's Novum Organum that would help in answering this question can be explained in the following statement:
"Men's labour should be turned to the investigation and observation of the analogies of things--as well in wholes as in parts. For these it is that detect unity....and lay a foundation for the sciences." Novum Organum , Bk.,
Bacon's Solomon's House in 'New Atlantis' is a society that some parallel with the British Royal Society, in which scientific exploration is fundamental to the organisation. Science becomes the foundation through which each individual can achieve what they want, and their needs can be met. At the same time, elements of the sciences become central to unifying the individuals involved, maintaining methods for participation and keeping a central core of scientists. Bacon writes that in the house of Solomon,
members "take all an oath of secrecy, for the concealing of those which we think fit to keep secret; though some of those we do reveal sometimes to the state, and some not" (Bacon 82).
The organization is unified by the goal of seeking answers; once the answers are answered, there may be no need for a foundation or a unified collective: "The End of our Foundation is the knowledge of Causes, and secret motions of things; and the enlarging of the bounds of Human Empire, to the effecting of all things possible" (Bacon 71).
As a result, it can be argued that efforts are always made towardsscientific exploration of unanswerable questions.
These are the central elements that should be related in answering the question of the connection between Bacon's Novum Organum and Solomon's House.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: I need to write a topic review : summarize the argument concerning the routes via which humans colonized North America during the late Pleistocene and evaluate the archaelogical evidence implementedin these arguments.
1. Bradley, B.,and D.J. stanford
2o04 The North-atlantic ice-edge corridor:a possible Palaeolithic route to the new world. World Archaelogy 36: 459-478
2. Strauss, L.G.D.J. Meltzer, and T. Goebel
2005 Ice Age Atlantis? Exploring the Solutrean-Clovis 'connection' World Archaelogy 37 (4): 507-532
I can fax it to you or you can find it online, tell me what is better for you and I ll do either one of them.
My number is +12142356285
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..