Essay Instructions: ASSESSMENT PAPER- this paper is due April 14,2010
Students will complete a paper which presents a self assessment of ones motives for choosing a career in social work and how those motives are consistent with the knowledge, values and skills of social work as learned thus far. Assessment should include strengths and limitations for a career in social work. This assessment should be sensitive to racial, cultural and other lifestyle diversity.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of this paper with me. This should be viewed as a "Current learning and evaluation process" that relates to the general course objectives ofSCWK 220.
Self- awareness, objectivity about current strengths, and additional development of areas in need of your attention are the main factors you should consider.
This paper is between you and me. No individual reports or small group discussion will be required. Your copy will be returned to you with my comments by the time of the class fmal exam.
I. This paper needs to be not less that IS, not more than 20 pages long, typed, and double-spaced with normal margins. It must include an Introduction and a Conclusion.
2. It needs to include how you size up in the areas of social work (1) skills, (2) knowledge and (3) values.
3. Need to see yourself in a holistic approach: social, emotional, physical and spiritual and address all.
4. Have you established some empathy or competence for racial, cultural or lifestyle diversity? Or, how do you intend to do this? Please answer and address.
5. Student should discuss personal background. Specifically how does your personal background strengthen or challenge you for the field of social work? Are there specific issues in your background that need to be addressed prior to engaging in an effective helping relationship and how have you or do you intend to address these issues? Please address.
6. Discuss who in your life mentors you, holds you accountable, challenges you, and encourages your growth. If you don't have someone in your life to do this for you, what are your plans for establishing effective mentorship/ directions?
7. Be very specific when discussing your strengths and limitations. Regarding your limitations, what are your plans for developing capacities in this area?
8. What do you hope to see yourself doing in 5 years? 10 years? within the social work field?
9. This paper is to be taken seriously and written as such.
10. Make sure that you address all the areas required.
SPECIAL REMINDER: YOU MUST RECEIVE a GRADE OF "C" OR BETTER IN TillS CLASS, AND a "C" OR BETTER ON YOUR SELF ASSESSMENT PAPER to achieve candidacy.
I have worked at a placement center for delinquent and neglect, abused children for 18 months. I want to receive a bachelors degree in social work, get a state license and work with the older generations or possibly with veterans who need social work assistance. I am 62 years old and this is my second (or third) career attempt. My major is: Social Work Gerontology with a minor in Psychology. Please don't hesitate to ask for more information. Right now I am not sure what you need.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Assessment Plan for Transition Services and Education
Submit an assessment plan for transition services and education for the student identified in your Week 2 paper. Your assessment plan should include the following:
-analysis of background
-people or resources involved
-assessment data collection
-analysis of how the assessment will be used in individualized education planning
-issues or concerns related to the organizing and reporting of information
Your assignment should be submitted in a minimum of a five-page paper, excluding Title and Reference pages. Your paper should be submitted in APA format and Include appropriate research citations.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 3 Words: 1168 Bibliography: 3 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: Assessment of the Child: Functional Health Pattern Analysis Worksheet
In this assignment, you will be exploring actual and potential health problems in the childhood years using Gordon's functional health assessment. To complete this assignment, do the following:
1) This assignment uses a grading rubric that can be viewed at the assignment's drop box. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
2) Using the textbook, complete the "Children's Functional Health Pattern Assessment," located in the Additional Resource folder in Canyon Connect. Follow the instructions in the resource for completing the assignment.
3) Cite and reference any outside sources used in your answers.
4) Review "Functional Health Pattern Assessment (FHP)," located in the Additional Resource folder in Canyon Connect, for a more complete understanding of functional health patterns assessments.
5) While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
The book used for this assignment is at
Physical Examination & Health Assessment
6th ed. Carolyn Jarvis, PhD, APN, CNP Professor of Nursing, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington, Illinois Family Nurse Practitioner, Bloomington, Illinois
username is darnn password is Veronika99**
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 2 Words: 894 Sources: 2 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: Assessment of environmental processes includes agents and factors that may cause injury, illness, or death. Choose one of the following age groups: toddler, preschool, and school-age child. List some of the most frequent causes of injuries, illness, or death at the age level. Discuss and describe safety concerns specific to the age, listing the most common causes of injury, illness (acute or chronic), trauma, and death for the age level. Describe how health promotion and health prevention interventions can be incorporated into parent and child teaching. Including in-text citations and references for each of the scholarly sources used. (1PAGE-1 RESOURCE)
As adolescents separate from their parents and gain a sense of control, sometimes they are unable to balance stresses. As a result, depression may occur, and, at times, suicide may be the outcome. Choose the topic of either adolescent depression or adolescent suicide. Discuss contributing factors and signs and symptoms that may be observed or assessed in these clients. Describe primary, secondary, and tertiary methods of health prevention for this topic. Research community and state resources and describe at least two of these for your chosen topic. What nursing interventions could you use to assist an adolescent you suspect is depressed beyond referring the adolescent to a state or community resource? Include in-text citations and references for each of the scholarly sources used. -1PAGE, 1 RESOURCE.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..