Essay Instructions: This paper needs to discuss Americas Rise to Industrial Power from the time period of 1865-1900.
- It needs to discuss the rise of Retailing-- (advertising; how it started and what it did to the people, also ( Mail order houses and chain stores, and how they affected the country.))
- It also needs to discuss Agricultural growth and change-- (needs to discuss the different kinds of agriculture; farming, mining, lumbering, and ranching and the growing economic interdependence of the people.)
- It also needs to discuss the Rise of Big Business--- The leadig industries (what were they), Robber Barons (who were they and what they did), and the Gilded Age. Also the Beginnings of Government Regulations and how it effected the businesses.
- The Bibliography and paper needs to come from 7 different book sources (no internet or newspaper sources can be used).
- There should be no more than 1 quote on each page and can not be more than 3 sentences long. Also there needs to be at least 34 citations and then put in endnotes (not footnotes).
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: 10-12 Page Research Paper on Advancing Democracy in Latin America through the Church. (Catholic & Christian Missions)
Standard Format w/intro, main points, and conclusion....using transition sentences between topic areas. Use end notes in lieu of foot notes.
Central Research Question(s):
Can Catholic/Christian missionaries be engaged to help stabilize Latin American States? Can these institutions be leveraged to advance the US National Securtiy Strategy goals concerning democracy, human rights, education, economic growth, and regional security?
1. Current State of Democracy in Latin America. Where are we in terms of Human Rights, Education, Economic Growth, Political Stability.
2. Role religion plays in Latin American culture. Most readings indicate that the Church is the most respected institution in Latin American countries. The Churches Social & Cultural influence. The relationship betwen the Church and the People.
3. Political influence of the Church in Latin Amer. Church relationship with the government, the military, narco-trafficers, & businesses.
4. Briefly discuss Christendom vs secularism & liberation theology vs conservatism in the region.
5. Globalization. Can the Church speed globalization of the region? How to bridge the gap between poverty and wealthy? People & Church attitudes toward globalization in Latin America.
6. Would the church be willing to advance these ideas to secure a wider peace/more stabilized region? What are the obstacles to prevent their intervention.
Desired Objective/Conclusion: Would like to make a case that leveraging religion might be a step to take in advancing the U.S. democracy/human rights/economic growth agenda.
Request the following references be used in the bibliography and if possible be used as source material for the paper.
Understanding Contemporary Latin America; Richard S. Hilman; 2001
Latin America and the Caribbean; G. Pope Atkins; 1999
Modern Latin America; Skidmore & Smith; 1997
Rendering Unto Ceasar: The Catholic Church and the State in Latin America; James A. Gill; 1998
Religion and Political Conflict in Latin America; Daniel H. Levine; 1986
The Church, Dictatorships, and Democracy in Latin America; Jeff Klaiber; 1998
Globalizing the Sacred: Religion Across the Americas; Vasquez and Marquardt; 2003
The Struggle for Human Rights in Latin America; Ed L. Cleary; 1997
The Missionary Movement in American Catholic History; Angelyn Dries; 1998
?Bridging the Gap between Empowerment and Power? Transnational Religion; Rudolph & Piscatori; 1997
Catholicism, Social Control, and Modernization in Latin America; Ivan Vallier; 1970
Christian Democracy in Latin America; Mainwaring & Scully; 2003
"Catholicism, social control, and modernization in Latin America (Modernization of traditional societies series)"
by Ivan Vallier
"Globalizing the Sacred: Religion Across the Americas"
by Manuel A. Vasquez
"The Missionary Movement in American Catholic History (American Society of Missiology Series)"
by Angelyn Dries
"Christianity, Social Change, and Globalization in the Americas" by Anna Lisa Peterson
"Christian Democracy in Latin America: Electoral Competition and Regime Conflicts" by Scott Mainwaring
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Please use the book VICTORS AND VANQUISED written by Stuart Schwartz.
Please write a well crafted sixpage interpretative essay (12pt and double space) The essay should be clearly written and well argued.
the story of the conquest of americas has capture the imagination of readers since the 16th centure Based on VICTORS AND VANQUISED dicuss the following.
First discuss how the conquest of the americas was an extension of the spanish reconquista. Make sure you discuss the religious and ideological motives and the Christians's past experience with the ethnic groups.
Sencond discrive how the native and spanish texts interpreted these events(The death of Moctezuma and the Massacre at Cholula) and also How do you explain the contradicotry interpretations of these events?
Finally how did the spaniards justify the conquest? how did they explain the success of the conques to themselves and how did native americans explan thier defeat of themselves?
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: This paper should be about "Americas Pastime." Covering why baseball is so important to our culture. The social issues in the game when dealing with drugs, steroids, women or marriages. The political issues when viewing how the game has affected America. Include three Movies of your choice that deal with baseball and the time they were made and how they affect the U.S as a society and culture issues ie (Field of Dreams, A League of There Own, Major League, The Natural, Sandlot, Bang the Drum Slowly, Angles in the Outfield, The Rookie) Take the meaning and points of three of them and apply them to our culture at the time it was made. Then incorporate how baseball is our pastime.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..