Essay Instructions: Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton.
Write an essay exploring the theme considering the central conflict and character development. Do not write a plot summary.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: This term/research paper must be on Edith Wharton''s "The Age of Innocence." I want it to be written about the three main characters, May Welland, Newland Archer, and Ellen Oleska with am emphasis on the latter two. Compare and contrast, especially "contrast" May Welland and Ellen Olenska, and Ellen Olenska and Newland Archer.
My main focus, though, would be on the relationship between Newland Archer and Ellen Olenska--how they resemble and yet differ in their outlook on the customs and values of society, and their speculation of life. I think I favor the character of Ellen Olenska the most as a heroine and at the same time a victim of the old New York society. I think May Welland is the past, Newland Archer the present and Ellen Olenska the future of old New York depicted by Edith Wharton. Newland Archer is a struggling character between the old and new, between the custom and love, and between the two women, May and Ellen, however, unable to break free from the old. Therefore, I want to depict Ellen the courageous and the awakened woman whose precocious self-realization unabled her to conform to the old custom of the society, but, enabled her to break free from her old bondage given under the label of "woman"
In addition to citing outseide sources, please, incorporate some quoatations from the book "The Age of Innocence" itself.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: This is a subjective paper using creative writing. Paper needs to be 4 to 5 pages double-spaced. Leave enough room for a 4 line heading. This paper should be based on learning objectives in Literature. Can not use any literary criticism. First, discuss why "In My Father's House"- Earnest J. Gaines and "Death of a Saleman"- Arthur Miller were most beneficial to me 1) personally and 2) as a class. Discuss this in relation to the goals that Adult Degree Students have for their education. Discuss the rationale the college has for requiring hamanities courses like literature. This paper must include the reasons for inclusion (i.e., what students need from hamanities courses and my understanding of why colleges require them). Explain with the two works mentioned above, how the experience of reading and studying the works meet the criteria for being beneficial.
Some goals within this course are as follows:
1. Ability to read and analyze texts according to accepted approaches to literary criticism and evaluation
2. Ability to articulate interpretations and analyses orally and in writing.
3. Ability to write clearly and correctly via a process approach.
4. Ability to think precisely and creatively.
Some course descriptions and objectives:
SU is a liberal arts university. They expose students to some of the "great ideas" that have shaped our culture--ideas about such universal topics as love and marriage, religion and morality, the individual and society, and other topics that have been central to all human history--and to some of the imaginative ways people have devised of expressing and exploring those ideas. They encourage subjective thinking as you respond to what the literature says to you while simeoutaneously exposing you to received methods of interpretation and the most widely held interpretations of literary works. They give practice writing and speaking.
Other literary works read in the class that represent these objectives: The Age of Innocence--Edith Wharton, Mansfield Park--Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility(film)--Ang Lee/Emma Thompson, based on Jane Austen novel.
This paper does not have to have a high vocabulary of words. Will be graded on unity and focus, knowledge of literature and possible interpretations, organization, style, and mechanics. Two interpretations per book is sufficient.
Customer is requesting that (FreelanceWriter) completes this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Answer the following questions. For each question, write an essay of 5 or more well-developed paragraphs.
Refer to the following novels for your answers:
1. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
2. Moby Dick by Herman Melville
3. The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
4. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
5. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
6. My Antonia by Willa Cather
7. An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser
8. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
9. The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
10. A Light in August by William Faulkner
11. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
12. Native Son by Richard Wright
Here are the questions:
1. One definition of modernism is simply that it describes art made in the modernist period, shortly after the first world war. Formulate a definition of modernism and discuss how three or more of the above novels published after 1919 show attributes that are described as "modern."
2. Discuss the variety of strategies used to create narrative point of view used by at least five of the above authors. Do you discern any significant patterns or historical development in this formal feature in the selection of novels above?
3. Is there a typical American hero? Is there a typical American heroine? Are there some identifiably recurring types of either? If these are not the right questions, what is the right question? Explain your answer with reference to significant characters in the above novels.
4. Moby Dick has been central to the canon of American literature since early in the twentieth century. Is it the great American novel? Argue either for its inclusion or exclusion in a general education curriculum for college students.
5. A Light in August and Native Son are both about racism. Could one write an essay comparing the works without mentioning the race of the authors?
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..