Total Pages: 5 Words: 1558 Bibliography: 5 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: Write a five-page term paper on the following topic: "Royal patronage of 17th
century natural philosophers (scientists)".
Check the library database for five academic sources. Keep in mind that
articles in Encarta are not considered academic sources. Relying too heavily on
dubious Internet sites and online encyclopedias for information is a sign of
poor research skills. Your final paper should demonstrate mastery of the topic,
use the "Chicago style" formatting style with endnotes, and indicate solid
Use the following thesis statement: "During the 17th century, many educated
Europeans in France and Great Britain developed a hunger for knowledge and truth
seeking. These natural philosophers gave rise to science."
The paper must have a bibliography, outline and cited sources.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 1 Words: 340 Sources: 0 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: State Building in the 17th century: What economic, social, and political crises did Europe experience in the first half of the 17th century? Discuss absolutism and how its actual practice in France reflected or differed from its theory. What developments enabled Brandenburg-Prussia, Austria, and Russia to emerge as major powers? What were the main issues in the struggle between king and Parliament in 17th century England and how were they resolved? Compare and contrast the artistic achievements of the 17th century to those of the Renaissance period illustrating how they reflected the political and economic developments of each respective period.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 3 Words: 1113 References: 4 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: Examine how the intense interaction between science and religion in the 17th century had an ultimately positive effect on human civilization over the succeeding centuries. Explain that these interactions produced played an instrumental role in generating the Enlightenment of the 18th century, which transformed the world, freed humanity from the bonds of religious dogma, and produced long-term benefits ranging from greatly expanded scientific learning to the dramatic emergence and development of democratic systems of government. Then point out that religion and science also clashed in the 17th century because they offered incompatible answers to humanity's existence, to the functioning of the universe, and to humanity's place in it. In the context of the discussion, briefly examines the works of philosophers and scientists like Nicolas Copernicus, Johannes Kepler, Galileo and Tycho Brahe.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 5 Words: 1529 Works Cited: 4 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: This is short answer assignment. So please answer those 14 questions in 1-2 paragraph length, based on powepoint slides I'm sending and your researh. You can use many resources and your knowledge, other than just slides info I'm sending. I will also send the exact form of the questions that include some pictures and my notes or guideline to answer the question.
1. Describe two differences in female gender roles between Native Americans and the British in the 17th century.
2. Explain why this portrait of Pocahontas served as propaganda for British colonization of North America.
3. What legal term described married women’s status in colonial America? How did this legal status affect what married women could or could not do?
4. Indentured servitude offered opportunities to English women in early Virginia and Maryland. But there could be risks as well as benefits. Describe one opportunity indentured servitude offered women, and describe one risk this servitude posed to women.
5. T. Hall caused early Virginians a great deal of confusion. What was the court’s final decision about how Hall should dress? How was the decision meant to resolve the problem?
6. Explain how the painting below illustrates two differences between New England and Chesapeake populations that resulted from immigration and regional environmental conditions.
7.How did Massachusetts Bay colony resident Anne Hutchinson violate female gender roles in the 1630s?
8. Many women were convicted of witchcraft because their circumstances put them in situations that conflicted with 17th c gender roles. What were these circumstances?
9. What does the will below illustrate about servants and slaves in early America?
1 April 1756
ELLIOTT, WILLIAM, [Queen Anns Co.]
To son John Elliott, my clothes,my watch, best large walnut table, best desk, a large case & bottles, all my books, white servant man Michael...
To grdchild William Elliott Griffith, 4 negroes - Darky, Rachel, London, & Bedeford……
To grdchild William Hurchings, 4 negroes - James , Rose, Pomp, & Exeter
10. Describe two things that this painting illustrates about the differences between slavery in Northern and Southern colonies.
11. Why was it so important for women to choose good marriage partner?
12. Give an example of women’s war participation that conflicted with 18th c. gender roles.
13. What opportunity did the Revolutionary conflict provide for southern enslaved women and their families?
14. What activity is depicted in the cartoon below? Explain why this cartoon is a criticism of women’s political activities?
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..