Essay Instructions: the paper is to be on the supply problems of water resources of long island, new york. Also needs to be written in the 3rd person form.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: GES 240 (Water resources development)
Explore efforts to improve access to clean water around the world.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Review Ch. 11, p. 275, Figure 11.12 and choose one of the ocean water resource issues
pictured. Or, choose a freshwater resource issue from the following list:
o Aquifer Depletion
o Overdrawing surface water
o Saltwater intrusion and salinization
o Water Pollution
· Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in APA format that includes the following:
o A brief description of your selected water resource issue and how it originated.
o A management and sustainment plan that you think will alleviate the problem.
o Any opposing views of the issue.
o Other water or land resource problems that might result from your issue; for example,
nonpoint source pollution contributes to eutrophication in freshwater resources or the
destruction of coastal estuaries impacts marine life and ocean resources. Explain
o Any challenges, limitations, or implications of your plan.
o How your plan affects the community. Consider issues relating to jobs, resources,
and lifestyles. Explain your answers.
· Use Appendix F as a guide when developing your sustainment plan.
· Include a minimum of two outside references.
· Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Axia College Material
Sustainability Plan Guidelines
Your sustainability plan should present what, when, and how something is to be sustained and maintained now and into the indefinite future. Your plan can be submitted in a narrative or table format. The Corporation for National and Community Service (n.d.) provides the following list of components that make up a sustainability plan that should be included in your paper or table:
1. Action items: Provide the items or activities that need to be addressed or that need to occur. Refer to the following example: My plan for sustaining clean air in my community is to develop an education program about air pollution-generating activities and their effects, schedule a presentation day and time, invite community participants, and research the effects of air pollution.
2. Order of action items: Discuss how the action items in step 1 will align or occur. One event or activity should occur before another; thus, order the items into steps similar to the following: 1) Research the effects of air pollution. 2) Develop an education program. 3) Schedule a presentation day and time. 4) Invite the community.
3. Action steps: Explain how you are going to conduct the action items. How are you going to make each item or activity happen? Include individuals or groups who will help you conduct these activities. Use the following as a guide: In order to schedule a presentation day and time, I will attend next month’s community homeowner’s association (HOA) meeting and request permission from the board to add it to the following month’s agenda.
4. Timeline: Estimate when you are going to conduct the action items, such as “In months 1-3, I will complete the research.” If an item or activity does not have a specific conclusion time, indicate that it is “ongoing.”
The following is a sample of how you might incorporate your sustainability plan into a table format—keep in mind this is an incomplete plan:
(in the correct order) Action Steps Timeline
Research and identify the effects of air pollution. Review environmental Web sites and journals.
Document the sources of air pollution and both environmental and health effects of air pollution.
Document video interviews of environmental researchers and facilitators. Month 1-3
Develop an education program about air pollution effects. Develop a presentation about why this program is needed and include air pollution’s ill effects, the lifestyle changes that will be required, and the benefits and challenges of change. Month 1-3
Schedule a presentation day and time. Attend a monthly HOA meeting to present the benefits of the program.
Request the HOA board add the presentation to the following month’s agenda.
Document the audio and visual equipment needed for presentation and layout of the room. Month 4
Identify and invite community participants. Tally the number of homes in the community.
Create and distribute flyers to homes announcing the next HOA meeting and the educational program that will be introduced. Month 4-5
Corporation for National & Community Service. (n.d.). Sample sustainability plan. In Toolkit for program sustainability, capacity building, and volunteer recruitment/management (Section 4). Retrieved July 26, 2007, from http://www.nationalserviceresources.org/filemanager/download/online/sustainability_plan.pdf
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Instructions:
Please read the instructions and questions carefully, and contact me if you have any questions or comments. Answer any two of the following three questions. Each answer should be an essay of 4-5 pages, typed, double-spaced. Begin each essay with a brief outline of no more than half a page (included in your page limit). These are not trick questions. You will be graded on how well you understand the material (required readings and lectures) and on how clearly you write, organize, and support your answers. Try to write carefully with your reader in mind, so that I can follow your argument
without wondering what you are talking about. Sloppy grammar or typos will lose you points. In your answers you must give examples and cite your sources, from both readings and lectures, to support and illustrate what you say. Be sure to use quotation marks if you quote specific language. Please use the following simple format for citing your sources. For readings, put the author’s last name in parentheses in your text: e.g. “blah blah blah. (Smith)” Include specific page numbers if you are citing something specific. For lectures, give the date(s) in parentheses: e.g. “blah blah blah (lecture, 30
Sept 08).” Be sure to discuss the readings named in a particular question (at least briefly), but feel free to also discuss other readings if they are relevant, including recommended (optional) readings.
Also note: You can get extra credit for any question by writing an additional paragraph about how political economy and historical materialism (from Weeks 3 and 4) affect your answer.
1. Many water experts in the U.S. and other countries have argued that water markets, tradable water rights, and related economic approaches are important policy tools for improving the long-term sustainability of water uses and ecosystems. Discuss some of the pros and cons of this argument, and whether it has been important in practice, as illustrated by examples from the U.S., Australia, and Chile. Compare and contrast readings by Postel & Richter; Bates et al; Bauer; Brown; and Peña et al (and feel free to refer to any other readings if you wish). What is your conclusion about the merits of water markets and private property rights for improving water sustainability?
2. According to Postel & Richter, at the beginning of their chapter on river governance (p.167), “An examination of any persistent conflict over water allocation or use almost always turns up two common ingredients: first, not everyone affected by the decision in question has had a say in making it; and
second, the decision reflects the politics of power and influence rather than the broader public good.” Does the experience of the World Commission on Dams support this statement? How does the WCD fit into the broader international debate about water management and governance? Discuss readings by World Commission on Dams; Postel & Richter; and at least three other readings of your choice from the course’s final five weeks about international water issues (i.e. Weeks 10-15 on the syllabus).
3. Discuss the U.S. case in the context of international debates about integrated water resources management, water governance, and sustainability. What does the U.S. experience offer to other countries and international organizations? What should the U.S. learn from other countries and international organizations? Discuss readings by Postel & Richter; Bates et al; and at least three other readings of your choice from anywhere in the syllabus.
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..