Essay Instructions: Systems Analysts/Designers have many responsibilities and roles in organizations. Some examples:
• They should understand technical issues
• They should understand business and organizational issues
• They should keep up with technological advancements
• They should have the ability to research issues and present findings to various levels of decision makers within the organization
• They should have managerial skills and be able to supervise contractors and consultants
You have been assigned the task of researching a topic of high importance to the organization. Your research and recommendation will be the basis for a very important and expensive decision.
Mobile Computing has grown tremendously in recent years. People can use various small devices to browse the web, buy and sell products, conduct banking and investment activities, etc. The company is considering providing increased access to customers who use mobile devices. Make an argumentative essay that will take the pro side on why the companies or organizations should start to use in mobile computing.
You are an employee of the company in the selected scenario above.
Present an in-depth report. Organize the material as follows:
• As you engage in research, provide some definitions or descriptions of key terms.
• Compare alternative courses of action. This challenge can be addressed in various ways. Compare 3 or 4 possible courses of action. One of the alternatives must be “doing nothing” (which also includes tradeoffs).
• Recommend an action or a particular choice. (PRO side) While your views are often useful and important in a report, it should be emphasized that a final recommendation is more than just a personal "opinion" - it must have some backing.
Effective organization of the material and proper editing for grammar and spelling are part of any professional presentation. The writing should be in with research material used to support and strengthen the discussion. Paper will include:
• Table of contents
• Footnotes (or endnotes)
• Proper set of references (separate from footnotes/endnotes)
• Reasonable headings, subheadings, emphasis of key terms, etc
• It needs to be an argumentative piece that takes a definite stance (pro)
• Follow new MLA style
• Use thesis statement
• Use elements of ethos, logos and/or pathos
• Use signal phrases.
Given the importance of the report for a business decision it should
• Be insightful
• Provide very convincing support for the recommendation
• Be Logically and effectively organized, including proper editing
• Strongly consider the makeup and needs of the target audience (Business/companies)
Length ??" 8 double-spaced pages (excluding cover, table of contents, and reference pages)
Sources- 8 With a Max of four web sources
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Go to one or more job Web sites, and search jobs with key words such as SDLC, SAD, systems development life cycle, systems analyst, business analyst, system design, and so on, to get an idea of the job description for a systems analyst. Find at least five job descriptions and write a summary of your findings on specific areas such as salary, technical knowledge, educational Knowledge, etc.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Define what a Systems Analyst is and does. You will be writing a research paper approximately eight 6 pages in length in the body of the paper (not including Title page and References page), 12-point font (Times New Roman) with 1 inch margins all around. It should have a good strong Introduction and Conclusion, each about four (4) paragraphs in length as well as an APA formatted reference page with at least 4 references. Make sure you also use in-text citations throughout your paper giving credit to the reference that you based your writings on. Almost every paragraph should have citation in it - use the format (Author, Year) to cite it properly from your References page. Each reference listed should be cited at least once. If you have access to "Systems Analysis and Design" 6th edition by Kendall and Kendall as a reference that would be great.
This is a reference for the book and has free powerpoint slides from each chapter on here that you can view. You just have to click on them.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Background Information:
You have been asked by the CIO to prepare a ?request to hire? a systems analyst for your company. Since this is a brand new position, this request needs to be approved by the entire executive team. The executive team is made up of the Staff Heads from Human Resources, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Finance, Sales, along with the CIO.
In the past, the systems analyst work has been done by outside consultants. Since the executive team is not familiar with the role and need for this position, your request will have to convince them of the need.
1. Prepare a paper to deliver to the executive committee that will convince them to approve the new position.
2. This paper needs to include the following items for the new systems analyst position:
a. Request to approve ? you need to make sure the executive committee knows that you are asking for a decision; approval of a new position.
b. Roles and responsibilities for the new position ? what can the executive committee expect that this person will do for the organization.
c. Required candidate qualifications ? what are the required qualification along with the ?nice to have? qualifications.
d. Why you want to hire for an ?inside position? instead of continuing with outside consultants ? need to explain the need for the change in operating procedure.
e. Reporting structure for this new person.
f. Salary /recommendation/requirements ? you must perform a study to determine what the market is paying for this type of position now. You will need to include your research findings in your presentation. The goal is to convince the executive committee to support your salary recommendation.
g. Anything else that may help convince the executive committee that this position is needed.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..