Total Pages: 4 Words: 1297 Works Cited: 5 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: Rumors about potential mergers and acquisitions are often a hot topic in the business press. There are rumors that Google is considering acquiring Groupon (http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=GRPN&ql=0).
As you know, mergers and acquisitions can potentially bring about great rewards but also can potentially bring great risks and pitfalls. For this assignment, do some research concerning the arguments both for and against such an acquisition from a financial perspective. Consider this from the point of view of whether or not such an acquisition would be a profitable undertaking that would add value to the shareholders of two corporations (Google and Groupon).
The following article provides information on Google's potential acquisition of Groupon:
Lachapelle, T. (2012). Buying groupon hard for anyone as growth slows: real m&a. Retrieved December, 2012 from http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-11/buying-groupon-hard-for-anyone-as-growth-slows-real-m-a.html?link=mktw
Please assist by answering the following questions and the questions in part I in 4-5 pages:
1) Do you think Google's potential acquisition of Groupon would add value to the shareholders of both corporations? Why or why not?
2) Based on your analysis and findings, what would you recommend to the shareholders of Google and Groupon? Please explain your reasoning.
In your answers to the primary questions, please respond to following issues:
?The impact on Google shareholders
?The impact on Groupon shareholders
?The financial conditions of both corporations (do not forget to consider the new project proposed by Google in part I)
?Why might one combined Google/Groupon company be more profitable than if they remained separate companies? In general, what makes an acquisition successful?
?Potential pitfalls - might the combined entity actually be less profitable than either company operating independently? What are the risk factors with this potential acquisition?
?Describe and apply net present value (NPV) method to make capital budgeting decisions
?Identify success factors in mergers and acquisitions
?Explain and discuss financing options for financing mergers and acquisitions
?Apply principles of risk and valuation analysis to mergers and acquisitio
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 3 Words: 1273 Bibliography: 0 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: Hello, below is the instructions for this essay and I will also upload the OUTLINE/IDEAS that you could use for this..!!
Also, I wasn't sure what the below instruction meant by Mesoamerican strategies... but tried to gather some possible ideas that can be used for other questions... if you could think of any other possible ideas, please please include them along with mine!
And Please use Clear,
- easy to read structure and words
- Imaginative opinions as a mayan elite governing family
- No specific referring to sites (since it is easy to get archeological sites that are out of time period)
1) You are a member of an 8th century Itza Maya elite governing family in an economically self-sufficient tzuk or province which has been alternatively controlled either by Tikal or by Calakmul as part of their various regional states for the last several centuries as they compete with each other for political supremacy. But no matter whether Tikal or Calakmul is ascendeant, each city has been increasing the amount of tribute demanded from our province, while there has been no companion increase in any services to offset these taxes. Furthermore, the air is thick with rumors that their kingdoms are beset with corruption and inefficiency. You decide your tzuk should break your people’s entrapment in this cycle, and you lobby your fellow community members for the need to mount a rebellion. What Mesoamerican strategies will you expect to employ to pursue your revolution? What strategies will you employ to restructure the cultural, social, economic, and political values to attract and recruit other tzuks to join the break-away polity that you hope to help establish? (You believe it crucial to recruit other tzuks for your plan to work, in view of the adage ‘security in number.’)
Customer is requesting that (amber111) completes this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 3 Words: 831 Sources: 0 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: For the book please go on this website and log in with the information below.
Answer the questions below for the Chapter 9 of this book; the books name is: Behavior in Organizations, Greenberg Jerald(2011) tenth edition.
answer the questions according to the chapter 9 of the book and the powerpoint that I will be sending.
Make sure that you apply the information in the material not just your personal opinion. Please answer them clearly and cite all the sources and add the page numbers. If you use a different source please add the website link.
1-----Think back to a recent communication that you have had with a boss, peer or subordinate. If you are not currently working think about communication you have had with a teacher or family member. Analyze the communication process of that communication:
1) describe your idea that you wanted to convey.
2) how did you encode the process?
3) how did the receiver decode the information?
4) what noise caused a problem in the communication?
5) what kind of feedback did you receive from the receiver?
2------Examine a situation at work or in school in which the formal communication was different from the informal communication. For example, how have rumors about a change in your organization conflicted with the formal communication?
1) what was the formal communication content and medium?
2) what was the rumor or informal communication?
3) what problems were created or solved by the difference between the formal and informal communication?
4) what suggestions do you have for improving that communication process?
3-------Think of a situation in which you or someone else failed to communicate effectively because their non-verbal and their verbal communication were dramatically different.
1) what were you/they trying to communicate?
2) what was your/their verbal communication?
3) what body language or other non-verbal communication was used that differed from the verbal communication?
4) what happened at the end of the communication?
5) how would you have changed the body language to improve the communication?
There are faxes for this order.
Customer is requesting that (sokkertrapp) completes this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 5 Words: 1875 References: 4 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: T-Mobile - Sprint Merger?
Rumors about potential mergers are often a hot topic in the business press. One rumor being floated around recently is a potential merger between mobile phone giants T-Mobile and Sprint. Mergers between two large companies are always complicated, but some have noted the possible synergies in 4G technologies that might be possible in such a merger.
As you know from reading the material in the background materials, mergers can bring about great rewards but also can bring great risks and pitfalls. For this assignment, do some research concerning the arguments both for and against such a merger from a financial perspective. For this module we are not so concerned with how consumers may fair, as this is an issue for the government to consider if they have to approve this merger. Instead you are considering this from the point of view of whether or not such a merger would be a profitable undertaking that would add value to the shareholders of both corporations.
There are may different articles on this potential merger, but here is one link to get you started:
But do not limit yourself to this article. Use various internet search engines such as news.google.com for the latest news on this merger. Look at the webpages for Yahoo and Microsoft. Then write a five page paper answering the following question:
Do you think a merger between Sprint and T-Mobile would add value to the shareholders of both corporations?
The main focus of this assignment will be answering the question above. In your answer to this primary question, consider the following issues:
1. The impact on T-Mobile shareholders
2. The impact on Sprint shareholders
3. The financial condition of both corporations
4. Why might T-Mobile and Sprint combined as one company be more profitable than they would if they remain independent?
5. Potential pitfalls - might the combined entity actually be less profitable than either company operating independently?
Case Assignment Expectations
In the grading of your assignment, you will be assessed on the following items:
1. The use of multiple references beyond just the link mentioned above. The link above is just to get you started, but your ability to do your own research beyond these two articles will be assessed.
2. Your paper from beginning to end on the precise assignment question. No need for lengthy background information. Your very first paragraph should include a direct answer to the assignment question, with the body of your paper focused on defending your answer.
3. Your paper should be at least five pages in lengths.
4. Your paper should include proper referencing, both with a bibliography and references within your text.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..