Total Pages: 5 Words: 1790 References: 5 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: Religious Field Research ? Mormonism
Write a 5-7 page paper about the Mormon Faith in which you:
1. Discuss any misconceptions you had about the religion you researched.
2. Analyze how your prior understanding about this religion was altered (if at all) through your encounter.
3. Discuss whether you believe misconceptions about other people?s religion are common and explain why or why not.
4. Recommend at least one (1) step that could be taken to minimize misconceptions people have about religions not their own.
You are to pick one (1) of the religions studied (with which you are not very familiar) and do one of these three (3) things: (You must complete at one of the items listed below at least 4 times)
1. Attend religious service
2. Visit religious education center and interview a member of that faith
3. Virtual religious service? and complete additional research
Shall use a minimum of 5 references (The textbook may be used as a reference)
Shall use no source from Wikipedia
Shall only contain 20% internet source
Shall be submitted through TURNITIN with a 25% originality report
NOTE: Students will still need to find and to interview a ?real? person for this assignment.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Religious Values in War and Peace
,"Research and Thought
The possibilities are wide open. The only limit is your imagination. May the Force be with youâ€¦
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Religious Group Profile ***** PLEASE DO THE CATHOLIC RELIGION******
Construct a religion profile based on a group you are unfamiliar with. Combine primary and secondary sources (i.e. textbook material, library resources, articles, etc.) with personal interviews and your own observations at a church/temple service to produce a reflective and analytical account of a religious group in Hawaii (or where you currently live). Dress appropriately when attending. Attach to your assignment: a photograph of yourself in front of the site to provide proof of your visit.The profile is due on the last class day. Late work will not be accepted.
Profiles should cover the following information (APA, MLA, or Online Power point acceptable):
1) Name and address of group: What is the name of the group and how did it come up with the name? Any significance to the name of the group?
2) Sect affiliation: What denomination is the group affiliated with or what sect did it emerge from?
3) Organizational structure: How is the group organized i.e. who are its leaders and what positions do they hold?
4) Membership: How many members does the group claim to have? How many members did you observe at its services? What is the membership makeup (age, gender, ethnicity) and what accounts for this?
5) History: When was the group formed and under what circumstances?
6) Social manifestations: What part does the group play in the community (is it involved in helping the homeless, park beautification projects, etc.)? In what way(s) does it see itself contributing to society? What adjustments has the group made to accommodate the local lifestyle?
7) Beliefs and practices: What are the group's main teachings? What social issue does the group consider most important? What practices are considered vital for its members? Any peculiar qualities (beliefs, practices, leadership, etc.) that distinguish this group from other groups?
8) Finances: How is the group financed? Is it self-supporting (are members required to make specific donations on a regular basis) or does it receive financial help elsewhere (from its business or denominational affiliations)?
9) Proselytization strategy: How does the group attract and keep its members? Does it engage in door to door campaigns, media advertisements, publications, etc.? Is the strategy effective? Why would a person join this group and not any other?
10) Conclusion: Overall assessment of religious group. What factors may determine the group's future success or struggle in its current community? What are the strengths and weaknesses of the group in its effort to practice and preach its religion?
11) Bibliography: At least three sources, including a primary source (church group's own publication), secondary scholarly source (textbook), and personal interview must be utilized.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Religious Faith After Darwin
Reading Finding Darwin's God: A Scientist's Search for Common Ground Between God and Evolution
by Kenneth R. Miller Miller.
The second half of the book.
Font: 12 Point Times New Roman.
Book can be found at a library.
In this essay, you should conclude your final thoughts on Miller’s book.
Include in your discussion the following topics:
(1) What are foundational ideas of “design theory?”
(2) How has the core idea of the theory of evolution been incorporated in other fields of human endeavor?
(3) How does the theory of evolution impact our understanding of the physical universe?
(4) What are possible ways of understanding the concept of “God” in light of evolution?
(5) Reflections on Miller’s view of the interplay between evolutionary thought and religious understanding??"for example, looking back over the entire book, what key ideas of the book did you most agree or disagree with, and why?
Customer is requesting that (researchpro) completes this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..