MGMT600-1002A-04 Applied Managerial Decision Making
Task Name: Phase 4 Discussion Board
Deliverable Length: 350-500 words
Details: WidgeCorp is considering branching out into cold beverages. You have been asked to come up with a regression
model to forecast monthly sales of cold beverages for the next year. Think about what variables you might include in your model.
Your manager asks for your thoughts.
Respond to anybody who asks you to explain your variable selection (as per the previous question).
In your own words, please post a response to the Discussion Board and comment on other postings. You will be graded on the quality of your postings.
Points Possible: 80
Date Due: Monday, May 10, 2010
Objective: Define simple and multiple correlation and regression
Submitted Files: Discussion Board
Here is additional guidance to help you earn the highest grade possible for Phase-4 (DB):
· *It will be very hard to provide detailed discussion for all required tasks of this assignment in 2-3 paragraphs. Most likely 4-6 detailed paragraphs will be needed.
· *Please research about regression analysis
on the Web and provide detailed discussion about your general research findings regarding regression
and its purpose.
· *Discuss about linear regression
including its main components. Also, discuss about two types of linear regression
: Simple and multiple regression
· *Provide research-based real world example for two types of linear regression
stated above in detail along with the reference citation.
· *Discuss about the minimum (least) sum of squares method to estimate the regression
line for linear regression
. State the main components of the regression
line. Also, indicate the advantage of using this method over some other regression
· *Also, explain how regression analysis
and its methods can help WidgeCorp with its cold beverage sales. Include some main variables that can be used in the related regression
· *Post at least three viable references (including some recent references from search engines with known authors and date of publication) that you actually use in your discussion. Notice that, in order to obtain a top grade for this project, most of the selected references must be from outside course related sources and obtained by search engines.
· *Cite all references used in your discussion right after each related statement.
· *Show your similarity score of below 25% with your modified posting.
· *Also, comments on two other DB postings.
· *Please limit your discussion to two full pages, single or double spaced. You will be graded on the quality and details of your posting.
[ Order Custom Essay ]
[ View Full Essay ]