Essay Instructions: Qualitative Research Article Critique by Lisa Sue Flood,"Nurse-Patient Interactions Related To Diabetic Foot Care". Questions to answer Purpose/need for the study, assumptions or research questions discussed, research design described, methodological congruence/auditability/methodology described, relationship to existing body of knowledge/literature review analyzed, documentation of participants/sampling discussed, attention to procedural approach/instrument/interview or type of observation utilized in the study discussed, adherence to ethical standards, discussion of analytic and interpretative preciseness, implications for nursing. APA format. Correct use of citations within Quotations and correct use of in-text citations. Reference page.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Qualitative research Assignment
1) find a qualitative nursing research study of interest to you.
2) read the article attach article (5 Points)
3) Compare the article to quantitative articles you have read - in general (the difference between the two types of studies) (15 Points)
4) Identify similarities & differences (15 Points)
5) What are the components of the "qualitative process"? (15 points) reference attached:
Statement on the Phenomenon of Interest:
1) What is the phenomenon of interest and is it clearly stated for the reader?
2) What is the justification for using a qualitative method?
3) What are the philosophical underpinnings of the research method?
1) What is the purpose of the study?
2) What is the projected significance of the work to nursing?
1) Is the method used to collect data compatible with the purpose of the research?
2) Is the method adequate to address the phenomenon of interest?
3) If a particular approach is used to guide the inquiry, does the researcher complete the study according to the process described?
1) What type of sampling is used? Is it appropriate giving the particular method?
2) Are the informants who were chosen appropriate to imform the research?
1) Is data collection focused on human experience?
2) Does the researcher describe data collections strategies (i.e. interviews, observation, field notes)?
3) Is protection of human participants addressed?
4) Is saturation of the data described?
5) What are the procedures for collecting data?
1) What strategies are used to analyze the data?
2) has the researcher remained true to the data?
3) Does the reader follow the steps described for data analysis?
4) Does the researcher address the credibility, auditability, & fittingness of the data?
1) Do the participants recognize the experience as their own?
2) Has adequate time been allowed to full understand the phenomenon?
1) Can the reader follow the researcher's thinking?
2) Does the researcher document the research process?
1) Are the findings applicable outside of the study situation?
2) Are the results meaningful to individuals not involved in the research?
3) Is the strategy used for analysis compatible with the purpose of the study?
1) Are the findings presented within the context?
2) Is the reader able to apprehend the essence of the experience from the report of the findings?
3) Are the researcher's conceptualization true to the data?
4) does the researcher place the report in the context of what is already known about the phenomenon? Was the existing literature on the topic related to the findings?
Conclusion, Implications, and Recommendations:
1) Do the conclusions, implications, & recommendations give the reader a context in which to use the findings?
2) how do the conclusions reflect the study findings?
3) What are the recommendations for future study? So they reflect the findings?
4) How has the researcher made explicit the significance of the study to nursing theory, research or practice?
6) Which type of study do you prefer to read? Why do you like it?
Write 5-6 pages
Grading based on:
1) choice of article - needs to be submitted with paper
2) Compare the article to quantitative articles
3) identify similarities & differences
4) components of the qualitative process
Paper will be submitted to "TURN IT IN"
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Qualitative Research paper, preferrable on a study regarding healthcare within the prison system today. Preferrably study conducted within past 4 or 5 years.
"Healthcare in the Burea of Federal Prisons" by Daniel S. Murphy / California Journal of health Promotion 2005 Vol 3, pgs 23-37- preferred article ( I beleive this is a qualitative study .
A specific study and article is required.
Analyze qualitative research reports for evidence of scientific merit.
Guidelines for Analyzing a Qualitative Research Report
What is the problem the study was conducted to resolve?
Why is the problem an important one for nursing to study?
2. Study Purpose
What is the purpose of the study?
3. Research Question
What is the research question? If it is not stated, what would you say the research question is?
Would you say that the question is stated broadly enough for a qualitative study?
4. Study Design
What qualitative method is used?
In what way is the method used an appropriate one for this study?
5. Subjects and Setting
In what way is the method of obtaining subjects appropriate?
In what way is the size of the sample used adequate?
In what way was the setting in which data were collected an appropriate one for this study?
6. Data Collection Methods
In what way were the data collection procedures used consistent with the purpose of the qualitative approach selected?
In what way are the data collection procedures appropriate for this study?
In what way were the steps taken to protect the rights of subjects adequate?
What evidence is there that data saturation was achieved?
7. Data Analysis Procedures
In what way(s) are the data analysis procedures appropriate for the data collected?
In what way(s) are the data analysis procedures consistent with the qualitative method used?
What are two major strengths of the scientific merit of this study?
What are two major limitations of the scientific merit of this study?
To what extent are the study findings valid?
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Qualitative Research Designs
Using the article below titled “QUALITATIVE HEALTH RESEARCH” please write a 2 page paper using the APA format and also please include a reference page following the APA format.
For the past 2 weeks, you have focused on the features and considerations of quantitative research designs. However, quantitative designs are not appropriate for all research questions. Perhaps you are concerned with how patients react when confronted with negative test results, or you wish to study how views on a certain health topic change over tim
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..