Essay Instructions: Pathophysiology Research
You will choose a pathology affecting the musculoskeletal system.
You will research on different aspect of the disease and present your work in front of the class. Here are the guidelines to follow for the achievement of the work. Important that team has a different disease,
1). presentation of the disease (osteoporosis) (name, location, pathophysiology)
2). Etiology (explore all factors that may be involved in the development of the disease)
3). Clinical manifestations( subjective and objective signs/ symptoms)
4). Diagnostic tests ( enumerate and explain them (laboratory, radiology etc), including preparation and post-test observations)
5). All aspects of the management of the pathology:
c, Pharmaccutical (including, action, adverse effects, and most important nursing considerations). Ref; Drug Guide for Nurses
6). Find impairment for 4 Needs of Virginia Henderson and 4 basic cares (intervention in relation to the pathology and unmet needs) Ex, Eat and Drink
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Pathophysiology Paper Guidelines and Grading Sheet
Name__________________ Semester_____________ Year________
Topic Area Points Possible Points Earned
1. Introduction to pathophysiological phenomenon
2. Incidence of phenomenon and the impact it has on society in terms of financial loss, economic costs, epidemiologic data
3. Describe the pathophysiology of the phenomenon and include the following:
a. Causes of the phenomenon
b. Changes that occur at the cellular level under both aerobic and anaerobic conditions if applicable
c. Discuss the role of genetic in the development of the phenomenon
4. Discuss collaborative treatment options to cure or control the phenomenon and include
a. Ethical and cultural issues
b. Cost of these treatment options 10
5. Formulate an advanced nursing plan of care based on the nursing theorist of your choice and use two supporting theories from other disciplines to formulate this plan of care. It MUST include:
a. MEASURABLE outcome statements
b. Be used as an appendix to the paper and NOT included in the body of the text
c. Be formatted in a table with clear headings in order to make reading easier 30
6. APA format, grammar, appropriate citations, evidence of scholarly writing and peer review of paper sent as a separate document 10
Guidelines for Scholarly Paper:
1. The purpose of the scholarly paper is for students to become familiar with the process of written communication. It is essential that advanced practice nurses be able to communicate in a logical, sequential and scholarly manner.
2. Students are to select a pathophysiological phenomenon of their choice. It should be a disease related topic and does NOT have to a topic we have covered in class, but it should be one that has a significant impact on the well being of clients in any health care setting.
3. This paper is to be peer reviewed by a member of the class. I will assign the reviewers. The draft and final version of your paper are to be emailed to me via an email attachment by the date shown on the course calendar. I would like to see the comments and suggestions from your peer reviewer on the draft copy in a different font and font color. I encourage you to use the ?track changes and new comment? function of Word?. It will make it easier to visualize the changes made in the final version of the paper.
4. ****All students are free to consult with the faculty regarding topics, content, and tips on how to do an adequate peer review.
5. There are guidelines for the student to utilize when reviewing their peer's scholarly paper. These guidelines can be found under course documents. The reviewer is to fill out this form using the criteria specified. The reviewer's comments are to be returned to the student and the student is to turn the reviewer's form along with the completed final version of the scholarly paper. A copy of each paper will be kept by the faculty for the course files, and a copy will be returned to the student with faculty comments.
6. The paper is to be divided into 5 separate sections with headings.
a. Introduction to pathophysiological phenomenon
b. Incidence of phenomenon and the impact it has on society
c. Describe the pathophysiology of the phenomenon and include the following:
1. Causes of phenomenon
2. Changes that occur at the cellular level under both aerobic and anaerobic conditions if applicable
3. Discuss laboratory data that is affected by the phenomenon
4. Discuss racial/ethnic differences in presentation and/or treatment of phenomena if literature supports differences
5. Discuss any genetic component of phenomenon
d. Discuss collaborative treatment options to cure or control phenomenon
e. Formulate a plan of nursing care that incorporates theories from various disciplines. Examples of these theories include, but are not limited to:
f. Crisis theory
g. Chronic illness theory or theories
h. Adaptation theory
i. Self efficacy theory
j. Social learning theory
k. Teaching/learning theory
l. Family theory
m. Learned helplessness
n. Symbolic interactionism
o. Nursing Theorist of choice****this is a mandatory component of this section- I would prefer if you went to the theorists original work and NOT use a regurgitated discussion from your Issues APN textbook.
p. Students are expected to choose 2 of the supporting theories as well as the nursing theorist
7. The cover sheet (The Patho Paper Guidelines) should be placed in the front of the paper for grading purposes. It will also serve as a guide for distribution of points for grading the paper.
8. Citations should be current within the last 2-3 years, unless one of the citations is considered a classic
9. The paper should NOT EXCEED 10 TYPED PAGES, NOT INCLUDING REFERENCES. Excessive length papers will be returned for revisions.
10. The advanced nursing care plan is to be developed as an appendix and placed at the end of the paper after the references. It will NOT count towards the 10 page limit. It should be developed in a table format with clear headings and must have measurable outcomes in order to evaluate the effectiveness of the plan.
11. Students are to review the APA format for citing on-line references. Please click on the APA link to receive the information needed to comply with School of Nursing and Health Professions policies.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Paper should be in APA 6th edition and include:
Introduction that identifies the topic , explains the significance, and describes the focus of the paper.
Body of paper: Review the literature regarding the topic , using subheadings to organize the work.
Discussion: Summarizes the body of paper and integrates scientific findings.
Significance to advanced nursing practice: Relate the topic to advanced practice nursing.
References:Minimum of 5 journal articles less than 4 years old!!(I will need a copy of each journal article emailed to me!)
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A CLINICAL PAPER...IT IS A PATHOPHYSIOLOGY PAPER..THANKS!
Customer is requesting that (heatherk13) completes this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Case Study: Mrs Judy Gray
Mrs Judy Gray is aged 55, she is post menopausal, weighs 80 kg, is 167 cm tall, and is a nonsmoker
. She is the CEO of a busy financial institution. She exercises regularly with tennis and
bushwalking and has kept her weight in check for a number of years on a low fat diet. She has had
no history of shortness of breath or exercise intolerance. Her father had a coronary artery bypass
graft (CABG) at age 57 and her uncle and aunt died in their 30s from sudden unexplained heart
failure, despite being physically fit. She has a history of hypertension and on her last visit to her
general practitioner (GP) her cholesterol level was 4.8 mmol/L; however the ratio of HDL to LDL
was lower than desirable.
Her regular medications are:
• Lipitor ® 20 mg once daily
• Coversyl ® 2.5 mg once daily
One week ago Mrs Gray was gardening when she experienced sudden onset of nausea,
headache and tightness in her chest on lifting the wheelbarrow. She rested and felt a little
relieved, however the tightness continued to increase in intensity and migrate through to her neck
and jaw and down her arm. Initially she thought her discomfort was due to the large bacon and
egg breakfast she had consumed that morning, but when the chest pain was not relieved by
antacid, she asked her husband to ring the ambulance.
When the ambulance arrived the ambulance officers administered Nitrolingual Pump Spray ®
(GTN) under the tongue and performed an electrocardiogram (ECG) which indicated abnormal
myocardial activity in the form of ST segment elevation. The GTN spray did not relieve the chest
tightness, her headache became significantly worse, and she became pale and developed
diaphoresis. Morphine 2.5mg was administered intravenously and Hudson mask applied with
7 400815 Learning Guide Spring 2010
oxygen delivered at 6L per minute. Mrs Gray was transported by ambulance to the hospital.
On arrival In the emergency department she was given subcutaneous Clexane ® 80mg, placed on
a cardiac monitor and underwent an echocardiogram which revealed significant mitral reflux and
abnormal ventricular contraction. Blood pressure was 100/90mmHg. Blood tests taken 2 hours
after the onset of symptoms revealed Troponin T at 0.2 mcg/L, repeated 6 hours later revealed
Troponin T at 1.1 mcg/L.
Mrs Gray was transferred to the coronary care unit. Angiography demonstrated unstable plaque
and a blood clot occluding the anterior descending coronary artery to 100%. Balloon angioplasty
was performed and a stent inserted.
Mrs Gray did not experience post procedure complications. The following day she was transferred
to the ward and was discharged two days later with the following medication regime:
• Crestor ® 5 mg once daily
• Coplavix ® 75mg/75mg once daily
• Coversyl ® 2.5mg once daily
• Betaloc ® 100mg twice daily
In 1500 words answer the following questions, relating your answers to the case study: Mrs
1. Identify 4 (four) risk factors that make Mrs Gray a likely candidate for ischaemic heart
disease. Explain how each of these risk factors can contribute to the development of
ischaemic heart disease.
2. Discuss the pathogenesis of myocardial infarction. Relate your discussion to Mrs Gray.
3. Explain the underlying pathophysiology of both the ST elevation in Mrs Gray’s ECG
recording and the altered levels of Troponin. Discuss the relevance of these results in the
diagnosis and treatment of Mrs Gray’s condition.
4. Describe the actions of GTN and morphine and explain why these 2 (two) drugs were given
to Mrs Gray.
5. Explain the mechanism of action of any 2 (two) of the drugs Mrs Gray was prescribed on
discharge (in your answer make sure you describe the mechanism of action in relation to
Mrs Gray). Discuss the patient education you will give to Mrs Gray in relation to these
Analyses highly relevant information
from the case study drawing upon a
wide range of current academic
literature including evidence based
research to create a well informed
discussion. Demonstrates excellent
comprehension of pathophysiologic
processes and applies this knowledge
to answer the question.
Excellent written expression
(including spelling, punctuation,
grammar and sentence construction)
with a well developed argument which
exhibits a coherent and logical flow of
Referencing technique is flawless and
(2010c) style manual both in text and
in reference list. All references not earlier than 2005.
references include five books, and 3 journal articles.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..