Essay Instructions: I need a reseach paper about The book "My Antonia" of willa Cather. I need a good analize Research paper about My Antonia focus on Immigration
1. The book of My Antonia portrays the conflict of Antonia shimerda, her family and others charaters of the story. They cultural, economic,conflict living in the their New World called America. Also they conflict of identify in order to preserve their cultural background. The conflict between the old world where they came from and the new world America. They life experience in America,they economic and cultural struggles to survive. The relationhip between Jim and Antonia, Shows example of these characters. For example the shimerdas have no English skill to communicate, Otto came from Austria to work as a cowboy. it importance that THE BOOK OF MY ANTONIA FOCUS ON IMMIGRATION ISSUE BECAUSE THEY WERE IMMIGRANTE FROM EUROPE. HOW WE RELATE IMMIGRATION IN THE STORY OF ANTONIA< SHIMERDA AND JIM BURDEN TO ANTONIA.In GENERAL IN THE LIFE OF THE PEOPLE PLAYING IN THE story MY ANTONIA WRITTEN BY WILLA CARTHER.
IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER:
THE 12 Sources have to relate to MY ANTONIA AND THE AUTHOR WILLA CATHER: FOR EXAMPLE (12 sources working bibliography.
BUORNE< RANDOLPH> "MORAL AND ARTS FROM THE WEST, IN THE DIAK
BROWN< E. K. WILLA CATHER: A CRITICAL BIOGRAPHY
CHARLES< SISTER PETER DAMIAN. "MY ANTONIA: A DARK DIMENSION
And there are others books relate to willa CAther MY ANTONIA that can be use to the RESEARCH.
REMEMBER: VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT FOR THIS RESEARCH:
1. I NEED A INTRODUCTION OF THIS PAPER, WRITE A PARAGRAPHY A Brief paragraphy about the history of immigrante from EUROPE AT THAT TIME. A LITTLE HISTORICAL CONTEXT.
2. THE Sources. A need the sources for every commentary written especially For example: if you write about the historical context bring the sources to prove that.
3. I AM INTERNATIONAL STUDENT, ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE. PROVIDE A GOOD THOUGHT BUT USE SIMPLE WORDS
I WANT A GOOD RESEARCH BUT WRITe SIMPLE WORDS. I AM FRESHMAN IN COLLEGE. I JUST NEED A GOOD RESEARCH FOR MY ENGLISH LEVEL. ANY QUESTION PLEASE write to me
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Write a Critical and Analytical five paragraph essay (with an introduction, three body paragraphs, and a conclusion) on the following topic: The novel, "My Antonia", by Willa Cather. On many occasions Jim and Antonia refer to the Nebraska plains as a living thing, and even describe the trees as people. Analyze the importance of land (and nature) in "My Antonia". Does it function like a character in the novel? Or does it function more symbolically?
In the first paragraph, please establish a clear thesis statement that will develop throughout the rest of the paper, followed by three topic sentences.
Each of the three body paragraphs needs a topic sentence (being a critical observation, which supports or relates to the thesis) with supporting sentences. Use plot details and quotes from the source to support or prove the critical generalization, but avoid plot summary at all costs. Use chronological order/logical order. Provide clear transitions between paragraphs. Use transitional words when needed. Use active voice, feel the words, attend to tone, and use formal language (avoid using ?I? and ?you?). Follow up with a conclusion that recaps the significance of my interpretation. Each of the three body paragraphs needs at least five sentences: one topic sentence, three supporting sentences, and a conclusion sentence recapping the paragraph.
Final paragraph should be a conclusion to the paper, summing up (but not repeating) what has already been demonstrated. The conclusion should offer a clear expression of how the discussion relates to the theme of the story. The last sentence needs to be an EMPHATIC statement crystallizing the meaning.
Do Not use outside reference materials.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Struggle for immigrants to reside and settle in United States of America.
Discerning and Analyzing Modern Parallels to Situations and Characters in My Antonia
Anti-Immigrant Prejudice in My Antonia.
Please refer to the book "My Antonia". Quote and paraphrase from My Antonia to support the critical analysis.
Willa Cather's description on lives of Immigrants in the book.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: I need the following questions answered in a One paragraph essay form. The paragraph needs at LEAST FIVE sentences, including a thesis sentence (derived from the question), at LEAST THREE supporting sentences (with at LEAST ONE quote; with PAGE number for novel, or ACT and SCENE number for play) to support answer, and a conclusion sentence re-capping.
You don?t have to type it in double spaced lines, if you don't want.
"My Antonia" by Willa Cather... Introduction, Part I ?The Shimerdas,? and Part II ?The Hired Girls,?
1. Of all the Shimerda family, Mr. Shimerda seems the least suited to survive the agrarian lifestyle in Nebraska. Why? What does he long for?
2. Describe the relationship between Antonia and Jim in ?The Shimerdas.?
3. In ?The Shimerdas? we see Jim learn to love the Nebraska plains. Characterize his feeling for the land; what does it symbolize for him?
4. In ?The Hired Girls? Jim claims that ?The country girls were considered a menace to the social order.? Why do the other residents in Black Hawk think so?
5. How does Antonia?s service in the Harling home benefit her? The Harling children?
6. At the end of ?The Hired Girls? Jim states that he is very proud of Antonia. Why is he?
"My Antonia" by Willa Cather...Part III ?Lena Lingard,? Part IV ?The Pioneer Woman?s Story,? and Part V ?Cuzak?s Boys.?
1. How does Virgil?s line ?Optima dies . . . prima fugit? that Jim Burden reads while at college apply to Jim?s feelings about growing up in Nebraska with Antonia?
2. On many occasions Jim and Antonia refer to the Nebraska plains as a living thing, and even describe the trees as people. Analyze the importance of land (and nature) in My Antonia. Does it function like a character in the novel? Or does it function more symbolically?
3. How are the dreams that Jim has of Lena Lingard different from those of Antonia?
4. The fates of Antonia Shimerda, Lena Lingard, and Tiny Soderball differ greatly. Why does Jim Burden suggest at the end that we should consider Antonia the most successful?
5. Who clings to the past more, Jim or Antonia? What does the past mean to each character? Who is more nostalgic?
6. Does Jim consider himself or Antonia more successful? Why?
"Trifles" by Susan Glaspell
1. Why is the title Trifles appropriate for this play?
2. Why are the characters assembled on the Wright farm? What type of evidence are they looking for? Where do they spend most of their time looking for it? Why are Mrs. Hale and Mrs. Peters even there?
3. Why is the Wright house considered not ?a very cheerful place? (957)?
4. How are the women able to figure the mystery out? Cite specific items they consider but that the men overlook.
5. What is the women?s conflict in the end? Why do Mrs. Hale and Mrs. Peters feel sympathy for Minnie Wright? (Interesting note: In 1917 women could neither vote nor serve on juries.)
"A Raisin in the Sun" by Lorraine Hansberry
1. Choose a character from A Raisin in the Sun, either Mama, Walter, or Beneatha, and analyze the dream that character has. How do their dreams affect them? How do their dreams affect the way they treat other family members and their outlook on life?
2. What dreams have the oldest generation in the Younger family deferred?
3. Why does Mama support Beneatha?s dream of being a doctor, but not Walter?s dream of owning a liquor store?
4. Why does Mama cling to the shabby plant? What might if symbolize?
5. What can George Murchison and Joseph Asagai offer Beneatha? Of the two, which would be the better choice for a husband?
6. Why does Mama finally entrust Walter with the insurance money?
7. How can we say that Act III of the play is a reaffirmation of the human spirit?
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..