Essay Instructions: ? Measurement and Instruments for a Quantitative Research Plan
Research Plan: Human Trafficking
This assignment covers measurement instruments.
To prepare for this Application:
? Consider the research plan you are developing for the Project.
? What levels of measurement will be important for your study? Why?
? How will you ensure content validity, empirical validity, and construct validity for your study? If any of these types of validity do not apply to your plan, provide a rationale.
? How will you ensure reliability for the measurement in your study?
? What are the strengths and limitations of the measurement instrument you have selected in terms of reliability and validity?
? Craft a 5- to 7-page paper that includes the following:
o The levels of measurement that will be important for your study and why.
o How you will ensure content validity, empirical validity, and construct validity for your study. If any of these types of validity do not apply to your plan, provide a rationale.
o How you will ensure reliability for the measurement in your study.
o The strengths and limitations of the measurement instrument you have selected in terms of reliability and validity.
o Provide at least 10 references to the literature to support your choices and rationales.
Limit the quotes and paraphrase more
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Dear Writer,
I need the following questions 1-6 of Chapter 13 from The book of (Business Research Methods by Zikmund, Babin, Carr, & Griffin) to be answered using Critical thinking skills.
1. Define measurement. How is your performance in your research class being measured?
2. What is the difference to the concept of the construct?
4. Describe, compare, and contrast the four different levels of scale measurement.
5. Consider the different grading measuring scales described at the beginning of the chapter. Describe what level of measurement is represented by each. Which method do you think contains the least opportunity for error?
6. Look at the responses to the following survey items that describe how stressful consumers believed a Christmas shopping trip was using a 10-point scale ranging them from one (equals no stress at all) to 10 (equals extremely stressful):
a. How stressful was finding a place to park? 7
b. How stressful was the checkout procedure? 5
c. How stressful was trying to find exactly the right product? 8
d. How stressful was fighting a store employee? 6
i. what would be the stress score for this responded based on the summated scale score?
ii. What would be the stress score for this responded based on average composite scale score?
iii. Do any items need to be reversed-coded? Why or why not?
Also the same for the questions 1-2, 4-8, 10, of Chapter 14 from the same book.
1. What is an attitude? Is there a consensus concerning its definition?
2. Distinguish between rating and ranking. Which is a better attitude measurement technique? Why?
4. How would you perform reverse cook recoding using statistical software like SAS or SPSS?
5. What advantage do numerical scales have over semantic differential scales?
6. Identify the issues the researchers should consider when choosing a measurement scale.
7. Should a Likert scale ever be treated as though it had ordinal properties?
8. In each of the following identify the type of scale and evaluated:
a. A U.S. representative’s questionnaire sent to constituents:
In Favor Opposed No Opinion
0 0 0
b. How favorable are you toward the Fair Tax Proposal?
Very Unfavorable 0 0 0 0 0 Very Favorable
c. A psychographic statement asking the respondent to circle the appropriate response:
I shop a lot for specials.
Disagree Disagree Neutral Agree Agree
1 2 3 4 5
10. If a Likert summated scale has a ten scale items, do all ten items have to be phrased as either positive or negative statements, or can the scale contain a mix of positive and negative statements?
The answers must show the critical thinking skills and each with at least 100 words.
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 2 Words: 724 Works Cited: 0 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: For the first page to write, describe how measurement error was an issue
for the Bargh, Chen, & Burrows (1996) study looking at whether priming concepts of old
age caused people to walk out of the room more slowly. How was this issue addressed
in the replication study by Doyen et al. (2012), and what was the result? (See attached two files)
For the second page to write,describe how the task-set recon?guration
hypothesis explains the task-switching cost.
Then, describe a manipulation that, according to the recon?guration hypothesis,
would reduce the switch cost.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: ?-?The levels of measurement that will be important for your study and why.
?-?How you will ensure content validity, empirical validity, and construct validity for your study. If any of these types of validity do not apply to your plan, provide a rationale.
?-?How you will ensure reliability for the measurement in your study.
?-?The strengths and limitations of the measurement instrument you have selected in terms of reliability and validity.
?-?Which scale is appropriate for you to use for your plan and why.
?-?A justification of how you know your scale is reliable and valid. If you can't find reliability and validity for your scale, describe how you would demonstrate that the scale is reliable and valid.
?-?What test is appropriate for your plan, and whether it is norm or criterion referenced.
?-?What population is used for the scale and test
The topic is: To what extent do African American men who live in an urban setting and exhibit aggressive behavior due to early development factors associated with depression receive a diagnosis at local medical facilities of conduct disorder as opposed to depression?
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..