Total Pages: 6 Words: 1978 Bibliography: 4 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: Writer?s Username: Wordstress1
? Write a 1,750- to 2,450-word word paper in which you decide whether to purchase a house.
o Discuss which principles of economics directly relate to your purchasing decision.
o Compare the marginal benefits and the marginal costs associated with your purchasing decision.
o Explain how the strength of the economy as a whole affected the marginal benefits and the marginal costs associated with that decision.
o Consider the roles of the domestic economy and international trade in your assessment of the strength of the economy.
o Determine what situations or conditions could have led you to make a different decision.
? Assume for this project that purchasing a new home is a major decision requiring a substantial financial outlay where the wrong decision has long-term financial consequences.
? Use three to five references in your paper.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 4 Words: 1322 Sources: 3 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: Assignment: An analysis of the marginal costs and benefits of cap and trade policy within the economy. Do the marginal costs outweigh the benefits?
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Assignment 2: Operations Decision
Due Week 6 and worth 200 points
Assume you have been hired as a managing consultant by a company to offer some advice that will help it make a decision as to whether it should shut down completely or continue its operations. It currently uses 100 workers to produce 6,000 units of output per month (working 20 days / month). The daily wage (per worker) is $70, and the price of the firm's output is $32. The cost of other variable inputs is $2,000 per day. You are told that the firm's fixed cost is ?high enough? so that the firm's total costs exceed its total revenue. The marginal cost of the last unit is $30.
This assignment allows you to determine the specific details about this fictitious company in order to conduct an environmental scan of this company.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
1. Briefly describe the details of the fictitious business that you created for this assignment.
2. Assess the current environmental scan factors that are relevant to the decision making process. Determine the factors that will have the greatest impact on plant operations and management?s decision to continue or discontinue operations. Provide a rationale for your determination.
3. Evaluate the financial performance of the company using the information provided in the scenario. Consider all the key drivers of performance, such as company profit or loss for both the short term and long term and how each factor influences managerial decisions. Be sure to show the calculations that helped you reach your conclusions.
4. Recommend how the company can improve its profitability to deliver more value to its stakeholders. Then, develop a brief plan to implement the recommendations.
5. Assess the circumstances in which the company should discontinue operations and how management should react when confronted with these circumstances. Provide a rationale with your response.
6. Use at least three (3) high-quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
? Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
? Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student?s name, the professor?s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
? Assess how managerial economics is used in business decision making.
? Analyze how production and cost functions in the short run and long run affect the strategy of individual firms.
? Apply the concepts of supply and demand to determine the impact of changes in market conditions in the short run and long run, and the economic impact on a company?s operations.
? Use technology and information resources to research issues in managerial economics and globalization.
? Write clearly and concisely about managerial economics and globalization using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: EXERCISE 1
1) What is the key differentiation between the short run and the long run for the profit-maximizing firm?
2) The number of repairs produced by a computer retail shop depends on the number of workers as follows:
Number of Workers Number of Repair Marginal Product Average Product
0 0 -
1.For what range of labor input are there increasing returns to labor?
1.For what range of labor input is marginal product greater than average product? What is happening to average product as employment increases over this range?
1.For what range of labor input is marginal product smaller than average product? What is happening to average product as employment increases over this range?
Jewel was recently was hired to manage Durable Jeans Inc.. The shop sells jeans for $50
each. The fixed cost of keeping the factory open is $200 per day. Jewel is trying to
decide how many workers to employ at $50 per day. Here is some relevant data:
a. The marginal physical product of the 4’th worker is what?
b. The marginal revenue of product of the 2’nd worker is what?
c. To minimize costs (and consequently to maximize profits), the store should employ
how many workers?
e. Does the principle of diminishing returns to labor seem to apply in the above
example? Explain how this concept is related to increasing marginal costs.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..