Essay Instructions: My work is only part C. All of the essay in my work must according to the book "Management control systems"by Kenneth A. Merchant Wim A. Van der Stede and Part A which has completed.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 3 Words: 853 Sources: 3 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: The subject of the paper is Hasbro Interactive.
Please focus on the following, but emphasizing mostly on the Management Control Systems:
o Identify corporate/and or business unit strategy.
o Identify the current management control system.
o Evaluate whether or not the control system is effectively supporting the company?s or business unit?s strategy.
o If so, does effectively support the strategy, explain how it does so and identify any improvements needed.
o If not, does not effectively support the strategy, explain why not and make specific recommendations for improvement.
o Illustrate your reasoning. Defend either position with proof and back-up material that supports the conclusions and recommendations.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 4 Words: 1105 References: 20 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: Essay type:
Case study - Project management, budget management and cost management. Chain of retail stores.
Students can use case study in their own organisation. I prefer a chain of retail stores that operates internationally.
Part 1. Managing Project
Apply the project management techniques to a past, present or future project in your organisation. Comment on the appropriateness of the application of each of the five phases in the successful management of the project. Suggest ways in which the project management process could be improved. 1,800 words. 10 references to be used.
1. Badiru, A. (2009). Science, technology and engineering project methodology. STEP project management: Guide for science, technology and project management (pp. 1-42).
2. Field, M. & Keller, L. (1998). 4 common types of project team. Project management (pp. 242-245).
3. Frame, J. (1994). Managing risk. The new project management: Tools for an age of rapid change, corporate re-engineering, and other business realities (pp. 80-89).
4. Portny, S. (2010). Establishing whom you need, how much and when. Project management for dummies (3rd ed., pp. 129-150).
5. Baker, S. & K. (1998). The network diagram: A map of your project. The complete idiot's guide to project management (pp. 85-100).
6. Thomsett, M. C. (2010). Establishing a schedule. The little black book of project management
7. Biafore, B. (2007). Introduction. Microsoft project 2007: The missing manual (1st ed.).
8. Cleland, D. I. (1994). Project control. Project management: Strategic design and implementation (pp. 285-298).
9. Cleland, D. I. (1994). Project Termination. Project management: Strategic design and implementation (pp. 285-298).
10. Staw, B. M. & Ross, J. (1997). Knowing when to pull the plug. Project amangement: Aharvard Business Review Paperback, No. 90053
Part 2. Managing Budget
Discuss the major behavioural issues associated with budgeting in this project. Critically evaluate what you would do to avoid any negative effects (e.g. motivation, participation, rewards conflicts, etc..). 700 words. Five references to be used.
1. Drucker, P. F. (2001). Be data literate - know what to know. In S. M. Young (Ed). Readings in management accounting (pp.2-3).
2. Parker, D., Ferris, K. R. & Oatley, D. T. (1989). The impact of accounting information on managerial behaviour and performance. Accounting for the human factor (pp.65-88).
3. Steele, R. & Albright, C. (2004, Spring). Games managers play at budget time, MIT Sloan Management Review (pp. 61-64).
4. Weygandt, J., Kimmel, P. & Kieso, D. (2008). Budgetary control and responsible accounting. Managerial Accounting: Tools for business decision making (4th ed.. pp. 414-439).
5. Etherington, L. & Tjlsvold, D. (1998). Managing budget conflicts: Contribution of goal interdependence and interaction. Review Canadienne des Sciences de l'Administration: Jun, 15(2) (pp. 142-151).
6. Anandarajah, A., Aseervatham, A., & Reid, H. (2005). Prepare and manage budgets and financial plans (3rd ed. pp. 266-275).
7. Hart, J. , Wilson, C. & Keers, B. (2000). Budgeting principles (2nd ed., pp. 4-6).
8. Neely, A., Bourne, M., & Adams, C. (2003). Better budgeting or beyond budgeting. Measuring Business excellence, 7(3), pp. 22-28.
Part 3. Managing Cost
Locate or draw a cost report or variance report, either for this project or for another, or identify future expected costs. Identify the various cost categories (eg. fixed, variable, direct, indirect and overhead) and comment on how effective these are in managing the costs that relate to this specific project. Discuss how these could be improved to enhance the management of costs associated with this project. Include in your comments the relationship between ensuring quality outcomes for the project and the importance of controlling costs. 700 words. Five references to be used.
1. Anthony, R., Dearden, J. & Govindarajin, V. (1992). Relation to planning and control. Management control systems (pp. 17-22, 967-970). Sydney: Irwin.
2. Toan, A. (1968). Uses of current information. Using information to manage (pp.4-11).
3. Goldman ,T. (1969). Introduction and overview. Cost effectiveness analysis (pp.1-5).
4. Shim, E. & Sundit, E. (2001). How manufacturers price products,. In S. M. Young (Ed.), Readings in management accounting (pp.126-128).
5. Nimocks, S., & Rosiello, R. L. & Wright, O. (2005).Managing overhead costs. The Mc Kinsey Quarterly, (2), pp. 106-117.
6.Anandarajah, A., Aservatham, A., & Reid, H. (2005). Prepare and manger budgets and financial plans (3rd ed., pp. 328-332).
7. Welsh, G., Hilton, R. & Gordon, P. (1988). Performance evaluation and management control. Budgeting: Profit planning and control (5th ed., pp. 542-554).
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..