colorado state university requires a 400-500 personal statement for admissions.
Below are the instructions for the personal statement
· The personal statement is considered in admission and scholarship decisions.
· Your statement should be 400-500 words (minimum 250) ??" concise, but more than one paragraph.
· You may choose any topic(s) of your choice. The suggested topics are intended to spark your interest, and they include areas of particular interest to the admission committee and to the Colorado State community.
· Entering an open (<) angle and/or closed (>) angle bracket in the space provided will cause this page to error and you may lose any text entered below that is not saved. The reason behind the error is a security precaution.
Suggested topics (address one of the following, or choose your own):
· Describe an opportunity you have had to learn from or to teach someone different from yourself. What did you learn from this experience? How will the experience help you to be successful in your college career and beyond?
· Describe an experience or event that has allowed you to demonstrate leadership and/or that illustrates your service to others (family, school, community).What was most meaningful to you about your experience? How will this experience benefit you at Colorado State University, and how might your experience enrich our campus community?
· Colorado State University is committed to global citizenship and environmental stewardship. Describe an experience or event where you exemplified either or both of these qualities or that allowed you to take a relevant leadership role. What effect(s) did the experience have on you?
· Describe an obstacle or challenge facing you, your family, your school or your community. What have you done (or what do you plan to do) to address this challenge? How does Colorado State University fit into your plan?
· Identify a book, song, or movie that changed your life; what was the nature of the impact it has had on you and how does it inform who you are today? How might it shape who you will be at Colorado State University?
Tips to Strengthen Your Statement:
· Thoughtful content and careful attention to quality writing can be compelling in admission and scholarship decisions.
· Keep your essay focused on the topic you have chosen; this demonstrates your ability to organize your thoughts.
· This is not a writing sample or academic paper, it’s an opportunity for us to gain insight into how you can contribute to, and benefit from, our community. Make it personal by conveying information specific to your experiences and perspectives.
· Be sure the words are your own and (appropriately) reflect your personality. We want to get to know YOU, so use a “voice” that’s authentic.
· Plagiarism is grounds for immediate rejection of your application.
· Consider the suggested topics a way for you to get to know us and what we value as you assess whether CSU is a good fit for you.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Info about myself:
I am applying to transfer from Western Illinois University, another four year college.
Besides answering the questions given, i also want to convey the following thoughts. I rescently realized, after completeing four years at WIU, I wish to attend grad school. My GPA at wiu is only a 2.29 which is lower than most graduate school admission standards. (it is also slightly below the transfer standards at colorado state which is why i need a strong personal statement) since only a certain number of credits transfer, i feel colorado state will give me an opportunity to make graduate school possible.
it also may be helpful to include that i want to attend a university that contribues to not only the environment, but is the biggest factor in the northern colorados economy.
also, since my gpa is slightly below admission standards, i may want to mention that ability to succeed is shown by several other factors than grade point average.
below is some information about two of the questions provided.
working as office manager for Consumer Choice Realty, inc. the business was operated completely by solely the owner and after one week i was responsible for everything including communicating with brokers, agents, buyers/sellers, listed properties on the multiple listing service (MLS), inspected/proofread documents, processed payment and answering questions, purchased inventory and presented all daily activity to owner. this built critical thinking, leadership, and business communication skills.
global citizenship and environmental stewardship:
volunteer for Tree City USA in Orland Hills for events and/or projects
When time allows, I assist coaching little league
baseball...shows leadership and contribution to the community.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - -
In the course of the admission decision, we note any D or F grades or inconsistent performance (e.g., wide grade swings, weakness in one subject area, sharp downward trends) as potential concerns. Please reflect on and explain any grades of D or F or inconsistent performance in your high school and/or college course work. What contributed to the circumstances (including your own choices/actions), and what has been the impact on you? What actions did you take/are you taking to address the circumstances in order to be academically successful? Freshman applicants should also use this space to explain any discrepancy between GPA and test scores or the completion of a fifth/post-graduate year. i DID RECEIVE AN F (C+ UPON RE-TAKING SAME CLASS) AND 2 D's...NOT SURE WHAT TO PUT HERE OR HOW TO EXPLAIN....
Please email me with any questions.
[ Order Custom Essay ]
[ View Full Essay ]