Analysis James Joyce "Eveline"
This paper will be an exploration of some specific element or feature of the fiction we have read so far. You will need to employ your critical reading skills to locate an aspect of the text that you can write about.
Questions for brainstorming:
- How does the story reveal character?
- The narrative voice: why is this particular point of view used? What information does it reveal/conceal? What effect does it create on the reader?
- What are some possible symbolic readings of the elements in the story?
- Where there times when your readerly expectations are undermined?
- Instances of apparent contradiction.
- Anything at all initially strange, confusing, or revealing.
Your job in this paper is to, in a sense, solve the text. (Of course, it can never be solved, but you will find truth in the attempt to solve it). Once you have located a theme, contradiction, or connection within the reading, you must then develop a thesis that poses a theory for understanding or explaining that aspect. This is a persuasive paper: your thesis should be a potentially debatable argument, rather than fact or summary. The most important function of the thesis is to provide cohesiveness to your paper. The rest of your paper will be a coherent argument, complete with evidence and appropriate text citations to support your thesis.
+ You need to give your reader enough relevant information so that someone who hasn’t read the text can understand your argument, but the paper needs to be more than just a plot summary.
+ Evaluations such as like/dislike, right/wrong or should/shouldn’ t are not appropriate for this paper.
Most importantly, try to come up with a really great idea, one that is particularly interesting to you, that you actually want to consider, and that will make your reader see the text in a new and exciting way.
DONT USE ANY OUTSIDE RESOURCE !!!!!!
[ Order Custom Essay ]
[ View Full Essay ]