Read the Judge
et al., (2008) paper. http://www.timothy-judge
.com/) (Several core organizational behavior criteria for which personality variables have demonstrated important effects are identified in this paper. These include: job performance, work motivation, job attitudes, leadership, power and politics, stress and coping, team effectiveness, counterproductive/ deviant workplace behaviors, accidents, and conflict and negotiation. The paper also presents two criticism of personality research in organizational behavior, and future research direction.
Part 1: Please write a 1-2 page critique in which you:
Evaluate the extent to which the future research agenda that Judge
, et al. (2008) present
addresses their critique of personality research in organizational behavior.
In other words, in this part you need to explain how or whether following the suggested future research directions might help in attenuating the criticism against the use of personality research in organizational behavior. You are invited to suggest new ideas as to how future directions that are not mentioned in the article can respond to this criticism.
Part 2: Chose one area from the 4 that Judge
, et al. identify as areas in need of future research and write a 2 page paper on a single research topic that you propose in this area in which you:
Describe the topic and present a research question that you believe should be addressed in future studies,
select 3 articles from the management/organization literature that are highly relevant to your topic
and based on these papers' content try to answer the following questions:
1. Why it is important to study your topic?
2. How replying to your research question empirically may compliment existing knowledge?, and
3. Who may benefit from the knowledge your suggested research might add, and in what ways?
Note: You can alternatively select the 3 articles first and then come up with a research question.
You will be assessed on:
• Your well reasoned and explained answers.
• Your ability to backup your opinions with relevant research and examples.
• Writing style ??" please read your work a few times before submitting it to make sure that there are no typos or mistakes, and that the writing style of your work is clear and coherent. It is also recommended that you will ask a friend to read and comment on those aspects before submitting it.
• The use of an APA writing style.
1. Length 4 pages of double spaced 12 point font text, plus cover and reference page.
2. Structure: Narrative style, including a brief introduction in which you provide an overview of your paper.
3. References; Follow Campion's (1997) rules for references (see background page).
4. Style: APA format.
Customer is requesting that (excellencio) completes this order.
[ Order Custom Essay ]
[ View Full Essay ]
Chen, J-K & Chen, I-S. (2008, Fall). How can institutes of technology change successfully? A
discussion from a human resources perspective. Business Renaissance Quarterly, 3, 85-
Judge, T.A., Klinger, R., Simon, L.S., & Yang, I.W.F. (2008). The contributions of personality to organizational behavior and psychology: Findings, criticisms, and future research directions. Social and Personality Psychology Compass, 2, 1982-2000.
McTurk, C. & Shakespeare-Finch, J. (2008, Autumn). Barriers to employment: Personality and cognitive predictors of employment status. Australian Journal of Career Development,
Rost, J. (2002, January 1). When personality questionnaires fail to be unidimensional.
Psychologische Beitrage, 44(1), 108-121.
Sternberg, R.J. (1985). Beyond IQ: A triarchic theory of human intelligence. New York:
Cambridge University Press. In McTurk & Shakespeare-Finch, p. 12.