(1) Sandy Smith -- Article Title: Johnson & Johnson: 60 Years of Safety Vision. Magazine Title: Occupational Hazards. Volume: 65. Issue: 9. Publication Date: September 2003. Page Number: 76.
(2) Morton Mintz -- Article Title: Drug Fiends: Even Inside Johnson & Johnson, Public Safety Can Take a Back Seat to Profits. Magazine Title: Washington Monthly. Volume: 23. Issue: 12. Publication Date: December 1991. Page Number: 20+.
(3) Anonymous -- Article Title: Contraceptive Patch Is Set to Revolutionize Birth Control. Newspaper Title: Sunday Mercury. Publication Date: July 25, 1999. Page Number: 32.
(4) Richard C. Bayer -- Ethical Reasoning in Business [Online website] Available from: http://www.acton.org/publicat/randl/article.php?id=409 [Accessed on 11/12/2005]
(5) Anonymous -- Article Title: A Sticky Situation. Magazine Title: Security Management. Volume: 35. Issue: 8. Publication Date: August 1991. Page Number: 14.
Larsen, R.S. (1993). A prescription for U.S. health care. Strategic Finance, 75(5), 35-35.
Slobodow, B., Abdullah, O., & Babuschak, W.C. (2008). When supplier partnerships aren't. MIT Sloan Management Review, 49(2), 77-83.
Williams, S. (2004). Delivering strategic business value. Strategic Finance, 86(2), 40-48.
Sources: (Connolly, 2007) (Hook, 2010) (SAP Practice on Life Sciences Supply Chains) (J&J Investor Relations, 2012)
J&J has a strong focus on operations management strategies, techniques and frameworks as the company is heavily reliant on them to continually meet federal and international compliance requirements for their products (Wechsler, 2011). The focus on supply chain integration to quality management is critical for any business' supply chain to execute the many processes and transactions necessary to grow a business (Stevenson, 2012). For J&J the highly regulated nature of the product quality levels for their products make the integration of these two areas essential for their continued profitability and growth.
Christine Connolly. (2007). Sensor trends in processing and packaging of foods and pharmaceuticals. Sensor Review, 27(2), 103.
Hook, B. (2010, March). Traceability and Scalability: A New Era in Healthcare Logistics Supply Chain Europe, 19(2), 18-19.
Johnson & Johnson Investor Relations (2012). Investor Relations. Retrieved January 14, 2012 from J&J Investor Relations and Filings with the SEC Web site:
O'Rourke, M. (2010). Tylenols headache. Risk Management, 57(5), 8-9.
Stevenson, W.J. (2012). Operations management. (11th ed.) New York, NY: Irwin McGraw-Hill.
Wechsler, J. (2011). Changes at FDA and challenges on capitol hill. Applied Clinical Trials, 20(2), 20-23.
Weill, P., & Ross, J. (2005). A matrixed approach to designing IT governance. MIT Sloan Management Review, 46(2), 26-26.
ISO 9000. (2005). Praxiom. Retrieved from: http://www.praxiom.com/principles.htm
The History of the Florida Department of Corrections. (2011). Department of Corrections. Retrieved from: http://dc.state.fl.us
The History of Johnson & Johnson. (2011). Johnson & Johnson. Retrieved from: http://www.jnj.com
Secretary's Message. (2011). Department of Corrections. Retrieved from: http://www.dc.state.fl.us/pub/annual/9697/sec.html
Team Five. (2011). PB Works. Retrieved from: http://mis1006100.pbworks.com/w/page/24232137/Johnson%20and%20Johnson%20Case%20Study
Evans, J. (2011). Managing for quality and performance excellence. Mason, OH: South Western.