Total Pages: 3 Words: 968 Works Cited: 0 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: The short story is "The Story of an Hour" by Kate Chopin from the book Literature to Go.
1.Choose one of the following elements of the short story you have picked to focus on: plot, character, setting, point of view, symbolism, theme, or irony.
2. In your thesis statement, explain how that one element relates to the story as a whole. In other words, how does the element you picked help a reader understand or interpret the story?
3. In your body, use evidence from the story to back up the claim you made in your thesis.
4. Your paragraphs should all lead with ideas about the story that relate to your thesis statement.
5. There is a sample paper on pages 947-949 of Literature to Go.
6. I do not expect you to do research for this paper beyond the story you chose (which must be listed as a work cited as in the sample paper), but if you do, you must follow generally accepted research and MLA guidelines.
7. Your essay should be 750-1000 words.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Write an essay in which you discuss how your knowledge of irony in literature helps you appreciate the ending of a work from a wide range of different perspectives. should you wish to bring in conflicts rooted in race,class,or gender,it would be more than ok.
for exp.,the ending of Romeo and Juliet can be seen in a way as a postive epiphany of understanding and tolerance from both the capulets and montagues,who now seem willing to come together in thier shared grief at losing their son and daughter.
on the other hand,it is possible to read the ending as a mere perpetutation of the same values that had caused the problem in the first place. For exp. juliet will be reprecented by a golden statue, turning her once more into an object to be appreciated because of her beauty,not her words or actions.Likewise both fathers argue a bit over who will spend more money on the project,showing them still trying to "one up" eachother. A third negative reading suggests these men might be doing it to remind the other citizens of how much power they still possess. Perhaps this is a sign of arrogance rather than humility and repentance. Shakespeare might be suggesting that these people are in some ways, still Clueless, and that it is you, the audience,who needs to percetive what the character cant.
use some of the editor's comments from the beginning of the chapter from which you select your text to provide a bit of background. Be sure to mention why the ending seems ironic in your thesis
before starting the analysis, spend a paragraph or two carefully defining irony. You might want to supplement the defintion with an Exp from somewhere earlier in the text you will discuss.
Once you start off this way, spend the majority of the essay talking about ironies in the ending of the text you choose.(romeo and juliet)
4 pages essay (about the play " remeo and juliet)
at least 4 quotes and commentary (from text)
clear thesis(in the first paragraph)
and plz no copy and paste from other people's essay
(its not exceptable form our teacher)
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: The purpose of this eassy is to compare Edgar Allan Poe's use of irony in two separate works.
This is not a biography of the writer. While you may find biographical information helpful in understanding the writer's motivations and influences, biographical sources will not count towards the sources required for this essay. You may discuss personal, historical or societal influences that shaped the writer's work in your introduction and/or conclusion, but the bulk of your paper should be devoted to analyzing the literature itself. Your focus must be on comparing the author's techniques (similarities and differences).
Your primary sources for this essay will be the author's work: two stories. You must also consult at least three secondary SCHOLARLY sources - literary criticism about the author, the technique (irony), and/or the specific works.
You must include helpful quotations, summaries, and paraphrased material from all three scholarly sources and your primary sources ( the literary texts).
***I would like one of the stories to be "The Cask of Amontillado" and the other to be either "The Tell-Tale Heart" or "The Black Cat"
***Please use at least two internet scholarly sources so I can review them.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: I would please like to request "cmdunlap" to complete this if at all possible.
Directions: Read the directions for each individual section and be sure to do the correct number of questions from each section. You need to label each answer with the appropriate section and question number.
These are discussion questions and as such must
(a) be developed using appropriate paragraphing with an obvious topic sentence. The minimum length for the discussion questions (not the definitions) is 15 typed lines.
(b) answers less than 15 types lines will not be given full credit.
(c) include specifically identified and explained examples from the literary piece being discussed.
(d) for each discussion question, students must use and explain specific examples for the pieces read.
(e) contain no spelling errors (write in Word/Corelle/?? and run Spellchek)
(f) contain complete sentences with few grammatical errors.
Short Story ? Answer 3 of the following ?
1. Discuss the importance that setting plays in " The Hand."
2. What are the five basic stages of structure in fiction? Define each briefly using 2 different stories with specific examples for each of the stories.
3. Define irony. Discuss the use of irony in "Soldier?s Home."
4. What are the two most commonly used points of view in fiction? Give a specific example of each and discuss its importance in that particular story.
5. Contrast and Compare the two characters in ?Love in LA? and demonstrate how they represent LA itself.
6. Discuss the use of symbolism in "A Rose for Emily." Discuss its importance to the plot.
7. Discuss the title of "Popular Mechanics" as demonstrating the theme of the story.
Poetry -- Answer 3 of the following
8. Discuss the use of imagery in ?The Trains. How does the imagery enhance the meaning of that poem?
9. Discuss the speaker/listener relationship in ?Common Ground? or ?Bored.? How did this add to the meaning/development of the poem?
10. Discuss the importance of setting in "Dulce et Decorum Est." How does the setting enhance the poem?s ironic meaning?
11. Characterize the Narrator in ?Seventeen.?
12. Discuss the type/importance of the diction in either "Marks" or "I, Too." How does the diction contribute to the total effect of the poem? Explain.
13. Using ?from Macbeth,? discuss the universality of its theme.
Drama -- Answer 4 of the following
17. Characterize Hamlet. Be sure to include his tragic flaw in your discussion.
18. Discuss the family relationships depicted in Hamlet. Why were both families so important to the play? Explain.
19. Discuss the use of the supernatural in Hamlet. Why is it important to the development of the plot? Explain.
20. What does Hamlet think of humanity/life? Give at least three specific examples to support your answer.
21. How does Shakespeare make use of Laertes as Hamlet?s foil? How does this add to the development of the play? Explain.
22. Discuss Hamlet?s tragic flaw. How does this contrast to his personality? Explain.mplete in the same order as the test.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..