I would please like to request "cmdunlap" to complete this if at all possible.
Directions: Read the directions for each individual section and be sure to do the correct number of questions from each section. You need to label each answer with the appropriate section and question number.
These are discussion questions and as such must
(a) be developed using appropriate paragraphing with an obvious topic sentence. The minimum length for the discussion questions (not the definitions) is 15 typed lines.
(b) answers less than 15 types lines will not be given full credit.
(c) include specifically identified and explained examples from the literary piece being discussed.
(d) for each discussion question, students must use and explain specific examples for the pieces read.
(e) contain no spelling errors (write in Word/Corelle/?? and run Spellchek)
(f) contain complete sentences with few grammatical errors.
Short Story ? Answer 3 of the following ?
1. Discuss the importance that setting plays in " The Hand."
2. What are the five basic stages of structure in fiction? Define each briefly using 2 different stories with specific examples for each of the stories.
3. Define irony
. Discuss the use of irony
in "Soldier?s Home."
4. What are the two most commonly used points of view in fiction? Give a specific example of each and discuss its importance in that particular story.
5. Contrast and Compare the two characters in ?Love in LA? and demonstrate how they represent LA itself.
6. Discuss the use of symbolism in "A Rose for Emily." Discuss its importance to the plot.
7. Discuss the title of "Popular Mechanics" as demonstrating the theme of the story.
Poetry -- Answer 3 of the following
8. Discuss the use of imagery in ?The Trains. How does the imagery enhance the meaning of that poem?
9. Discuss the speaker/listener relationship in ?Common Ground? or ?Bored.? How did this add to the meaning/development of the poem?
10. Discuss the importance of setting in "Dulce et Decorum Est." How does the setting enhance the poem?s ironic meaning?
11. Characterize the Narrator in ?Seventeen.?
12. Discuss the type/importance of the diction in either "Marks" or "I, Too." How does the diction contribute to the total effect of the poem? Explain.
13. Using ?from Macbeth,? discuss the universality of its theme.
Drama -- Answer 4 of the following
17. Characterize Hamlet. Be sure to include his tragic flaw in your discussion.
18. Discuss the family relationships depicted in Hamlet. Why were both families so important to the play? Explain.
19. Discuss the use of the supernatural in Hamlet. Why is it important to the development of the plot? Explain.
20. What does Hamlet think of humanity/life? Give at least three specific examples to support your answer.
21. How does Shakespeare make use of Laertes as Hamlet?s foil? How does this add to the development of the play? Explain.
22. Discuss Hamlet?s tragic flaw. How does this contrast to his personality? Explain.mplete in the same order as the test.
[ Order Custom Essay ]
[ View Full Essay ]