American Cancer Society. "What is Hospice Care? www.cancer.org.2008. 24 May. 2008. http://www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/content/ETO_2_5X_What_Is_Hospice_Care.asp?sitearea=ETO
Harrison, Irene. "Hospice Care." Cancer Supportive Care Programs.
A www.cancersupportivecare.com.2007. 24 May. 2008. http://www.cancersupportivecare.com/hospice.html
Help Guide. "Hospice Care: Full Service Support at Home or in a Facility." www.helpguide.org.2008. 24 May. 2008. http://www.helpguide.org/elder/hospice_care.htm
Hospice Patient's Alliance. "Pain Control: Methods and Standards of Care." www.hospicepatients.org.2008. 24 May. 2008. http://www.hospicepatients.org/hospic29.html
1) Jennifer S. Haas, MD, MSPH, Craig C. Earle, MD & John E. Orav, PhD et.al (2007), 'Lower Use of Hospice by Cancer Patients who Live in Minority vs. White Areas', J Gen Intern Med. 22(3): 396 -- 399, Available Online at, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1824733/
2) Ramona L. Rhodes, MD, MPH, (sep 2006), 'Racial Disparities in Hospice: Moving from Analysis to Intervention', Virtual Mentor, Volume 8, Number 9: 613-616, Available online at, http://virtualmentor.ama-assn.org/2006/09/oped1-0609.html
3) Givens JL, Tija J & Zhou C, et.al, (2010)'Racial and Ethnic Differences in Hospice use among patients with Heart failure, Arch Intern Med, 170, 427-32. Available Online at, http://www.turner-white.com/memberfile.php?PubCode=jcom_may10_hospice.pdf
4) Amber E. Barnato, MD, MPH, Denise L. Anthony PhD & Jonathan Skinner PhD et.al (2009), 'Racial and Ethnice Differences in Preferences for End of Life Treatment', J Gen Intern Med. 24(6): 695 -- 701. Available Online at, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2686762/
5) Lilian Liou Cohen MD M.P.H, (2008), 'Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Hospice Care: A Systematic Review', Journal of Palliative Medicine, Vol 11, No 5, Available online at, http://www.mass.gov/Ihqcc/docs/expert_panel/2008_Cohen%20LL_J%20Palliat%20Med_Racial-ethnic%20disparities%20in%20hospice%20care.pdf
6) Yuri Jang, PhD,* David A. Chiriboga, PhD,* Jessica Y. Allen, BA,(Feb 2010), 'Willingness of Older Korean-American Adults to Use Hospice', J Am Geriatr Soc 58 (2) 352-356 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2852887/
7) Albert J. Finestone & Gail Inderwies (Sep, 2008), 'Death and dying in the U.S.: the barriers to the benefits of palliative and hospice care', Clin Interv Aging., 3(3): 595 -- 599. Available online at, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2682390/
Devi, P.S. (2011). A timely referral to palliative care team improves quality of life. Indian J.
Palliat Care, 17(Suppl): S14-6.
Quadagno, J. (2008). Aging and the life course: An introduction to social gerontology. New York: McGraw Hill.
Tan, Y.S., & Cheong, P.Y. (2011). Experiences in caring for the dying: a doctor's narratives.
Singapore Med J, 52(3): 140-5.
1) AAP, (Aug 2000), "Palliative Care for Children', Retrieved March 31st 2008, from, http://aappolicy.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/pediatrics;106/2/351
2) Lewis R. Aiken, (2000), "Dying, Death and Bereavement', Published by Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Thanatology, 3) Joseph F. O'Neill, (July 2000), "HIV and Palliative Care," retrieved March 31st from, http://hab.hrsa.gov/tools/palliative/chap1.html
4) AVERT, "United States: AIDS Cases and Deaths by Year," retrieved 31st march 2008, from, http://www.avert.org/usastaty.htm
5) Carol K. Sigelman, (2006), 'Life Span Human Development', Published by Thomson Wadsworth