Essay Instructions: This is a creative writing assignment with some research to answer the following questions. Paper should be written as a young adult female diagnosed with Hepatitis B, in first person format. Writer may choose how far the disease's progression is - whether you just got diagnosed or were diagnosed several months prior. ALL questions must be answered thoroughly.
1. Frequency: How common is the disease? Cite its incidence of occurrence in the U.S.
or worldwide. Does its frequency vary among ethnic groups, by gender or
2. Etiology: What is (are) the cause(s) of the disease? How did you contract it?
3. Pathology: What are the effects or symptoms? Give accurate and descriptive
accounts of the characteristics of the disease. What organ systems are primarily and
secondarily (if applicable) affected by the disease.
4. Treatment and Cure: What methods are used to treat or cure the disease and its
symptoms? If medications are used, identify them and describe how they work to
treat/cure the conditions. If surgery is used, describe the surgical procedures, eg. a
colectomy (removal of part or the whole colon) to treat prolonged colitis. Are there
any side effects associated with medications or other forms of treatment? Does the
treatment fully restore one’s quality of life or are there limitations?
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: I have a case study for a Microbiology class that I will also need to give an oral presentation on so the language needs to be one that can relate to others and that they will understand. I will email over a list of 8 sources I need to use.
The case study is this: The patient, a 39 year old Asian-American man originaly from China, was known to be a chronic carrier of hepatitis B virus (HBV). For the past 2 years, he had received treatment with the antiviral drug lamivudine. He presented to his health care provider for a follow-up visit for the management of his chronic infection. He appeared will and was anicteric.
Laboratory studies obtained included normal levels of aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), y=glutamyltransferase (GGT), alkaline phosphatase, INR (International Normalized Ratio, a coagulation test that depends on the liver's biosynthietic ability), and direct and total bilirubin. His HBV serologic studies demonstrated a positive hepatitis B surface antigen (HbsAg) that was confirmed by neutralization, an negative antibody to HbsAg, a positive hepatitis B core antibody, a positive hepatitis Be antigen (HbeAg) and a negative assay for antibody to HbeAg.
The questions I have to answer from this information are:
1. How is HBV infection transmitted from person to person? Does the epidemiology of the infection differ between Asian and Western patients?
2. In the setting of the serological results seen here, if you did not have a history of chronic infection with HBV, what additional serologic test would help determine if the patient has an acute HBV infection or is a chronic carrier?
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: written paper of 1,300-1,500 words, apply the concepts of epidemiology and nursing research to a communicable disease.
Communicable Disease Selection
Choose one communicable disease from the following list:
5. Hepatitis B
Epidemiology Paper Requirements
Include the following in your assignment:
1. Description of the communicable disease (causes, symptoms, mode of transmission, complications, treatment) and the demographic of interest (mortality, morbidity, incidence, and prevalence).
2. Describe the determinants of health and explain how those factors contribute to the development of this disease.
3. Discuss the epidemiologic triangle as it relates to the communicable disease you have selected. Include the host factors, agent factors (presence or absence), and environmental factors. (The textbook describes each element of the epidemiologic triangle).
4. Explain the role of the community health nurse (case finding, reporting, data collecting, data analysis, and follow-up).
5. Identify at least one national agency or organization that addresses the communicable disease chosen and describe how the organization(s) contributes to resolving or reducing the impact of disease.
A minimum of three references is required.
Refer to ?Communicable Disease Chain.?
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
Overview describing the demographic of interest and clinical description of the communicable disease is presented with a thorough, accurate, and clear overview of all of the clinical descriptors
Paper comprehensively discusses the determinants of health in relation to the communicable disease, explains their contribution to disease development, and provides evidence to support main points.
The communicable disease is described thoroughly, accurately, and clearly within an epidemiological model. A visual description of the model and how the components of the model interact is included.
Discussion of the role of the community health nurse is clear, comprehensive, and inclusive of the community nurse's responsibilities to primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention through tasks such as case finding, reporting, data collection and analysis, and follow up
An agency or organization is identified. A clear and accurate description of efforts to address communicable disease is offered.
Thesis is comprehensive, contained within the thesis is the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear. There is a sophisticated construction of paragraphs and transitions. Ideas progress and relate to each other. Paragraph and transition construction guide the reader. Paragraph structure is seamless.
Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English. All format elements are correct.
In-text citations and a reference page are complete. The documentation of cited sources is free of error.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Forensic Immunology:
Journal article critique (Max 800 words- excluding reference list). The article is:
Harpaz, R et al. (1996). “Transmission of hepatitis b virus to multiple patients from a surgeon without evidence of inadequate infection control” NEJM 334 (9): 549-554.
Your critique should contain i) a summary of the paper itself including main findings, methods used and the limitations of the study if any, and ii) how this study fits into the field of personal biocrime.
Use Vancouver citation style:
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..