Flanagan, M.E., Saleem, J. J., Millitello, L.G., Russ, A.L. & Doebbeling, B.N. (2013). Paper- and Computer-Based Workarounds to Electronic Health Record Use at Three Benchmark Institutions. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 20(e1): e59-66.
Intel (2013). Workarounds in Healthcare, a Risky Trend. Retrieved from http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/healthcare-it/workarounds-in-healthcare-risky-trend.html
Koppel, R., Wetterneck, T., Telles, J.L. & Karsh, B. (2008). Workarounds to Barcode Medication Administration Systems: Their Occurrences, Causes, and Threats to Patient Safety. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 15(4), 408-423.
Merrill, M. (2009). Using Pen and Paper Workarounds Could Boost EMR Efficiency. Retrieved from http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/using-pen-and-paper-workarounds-could-boost-emr-efficiency
Pennsylvania Patient Safety Advisory (2013). Workarounds: a Sign of Opportunity Knocking. Retrieved from http://patientsafetyauthority.org/ADVISORIES/AdvisoryLibrary/2005/dec2(4)/Pages/25.aspx
Hayes, N., & Ball, J. (2012). Achieving safe staffing for older people in hospital. Nursing Older People, 24(4), 20-24.
Amerioun et al.,. (2011). Assessment of International Joint Commission (IJC) accreditation standard in a military hospital laboratory. (English). Journal Of Military Medicine, 13(2), 75-80.
McLaughlin, S. (2011). Ready for inspection? Joint Commission survey changes for 2011. Health Facilities Management, 24(2), 41-42.
1. Kotkin, J, 2002 St. Louis: On the Way to Somewhere? Rebuz Inc.
2. Author not available, 1997, Economic Report of the President. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C. [accessed on 4/4/03]: http://www.umsl.edu/services/govdocs/erp/1997/chap3.htm
3.Author not available, 1996, Focus... Non-Elderly Missourians without Health Insurance, March 1996, Vol. 30, No. 1 [accessed on 4/4/03]: http://www.dhss.state.mo.us/MonthlyVitalStatistics/March96Vol30No1.html
4. Author not available, January 1999, Focus... Managed Care (MC+) in Medicaid Population, January 1999 Vol. 32, No. 11[accessed on 4/4/03] at http://www.dhss.state.mo.us/MonthlyVitalStatistics/Jan99Vol32No11.html
5. Author not available, 1994, Missouri Dept. Of Health, Missouri Vital Statistics. Jefferson City, MO: State Center for Health Statistics.
6. Author not available, June 1999, Focus... Missouri Hospital Patterns, June 1999, Vol. 33, No. 4, [accessed on4/4/03] at http://www.dhss.state.mo.us/MonthlyVitalStatistics/June99Vol33No4.html
7. Zhou, H, 2001, The Political Economy of Health Care Reforms, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, Western Michigan University
8. Author not available, 2002, About St. Louis, St. Louis Regional Chamber & Growth Association [accessed on 4/4/03] at: www.stlrcga.org/aboutstl.html
9. Moellar JF, Mathiowetz NA, 1989, Pre-scribed medicines: A summary of use and expenditures for Medicare beneficiaries. Rockville, Md: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, publication PHC 89-3448.
10. Grymonpre RE, Mitenko PA, SitarDS, Aoki FY, Montgomery PR, 1988, Drug-associated hospital admissions in older medical patients. J Am GeriatrSoc; 36:1092-109
11. Author not available, October 2002, The Economics of Health Care, The Office of Health Economics [Accessed on 4/4/03] at http://www.oheschools.org/ohech2pg7a.html
12. Boland, P. 1991, Making managed healthcare work: A practical guide to strategies and solutions. New York: McGraw Hill.
13. Higgins, C. Wayne and Meyers Eugene D, 1986, The economic transformation of American health insurance: implications for the hospital industry. Health Care Manage Review, 11 (4), 21-27
14. James Dao, 1995, HMOs Required to Offer Individuals Choice of Doctor, New York Times.
15. Institute of Medicine (IOM) 1986, For-Profit Enterprise in Health Care, National Academies Press.