Total Pages: 6 Words: 1567 Sources: 3 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: Financial Statements Analysis PAPER
Objective: Select a company that is in the US furniture retail industry to invest $1-million (you are adding to equity). You are helping the investment company which is currently a shareholder in the furniture retail company to make this important decision.
1) To do this you will review 25- furniture retailers from the following list and choose THREE to analyze:
- Keep in mind, in order to invest, the company has to be a publicly traded on a US stock market exchange (i.e. NYSE, NASDAQ, etc).
- To make it easy on yourself, you may decide to avoid conglomerates. In other words, these are companies which sell products and services in several industries; not just furniture retailing.
- It might help to do a cursory review of the financial statements (http://finance.yahoo.com/, http://www.cnbc.com/ ); as well as a Google search on the operational and financial health of these companies. Find out what the companies missions and visions are, if you can. These statements along with industry and media write-ups will give some indication about the companies directions.
2) Once you have chosen three companies,
- you must do an in-depth financial analysis of each one only utilizing the materials we have covered thus far in the course. In other words you should review the financial statements, compute ratio analysis, analyze the three year trends (are the companies improving or worsening in their performances),
- analyze how each company is performing against one another in the industry.
3) Next you want to look at industry benchmark ratios to know if your three companies are performing within acceptable levels within the industry (ROA, ROE, liquidity levels, etc - look at all the ratios, including mixed-ratios from the homework, and decide which ratios are important in supporting your analysis and your decision). This information is available online at RMA, and Dun and Bradstreet. * I was told that, in addition to your own searches online, that you can find help in the library. Older data is acceptable.
- In class I shared listing references from RMA, to find the NAICS code for your industry "furniture retailer". I shared this in class.
For specific NAICS code you can use the tab "Individual NAICS download".
- Once you have the NAICS code you can go to the government website, and click on "business" to locate the benchmark data:
(NOTE: this is where matters can become tricky. The current message reads..
"Due to the lapse in government funding, census.gov sites, services, and all online survey collection requests will be unavailable until further notice.Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at
Obviously this is beyond yours and my control. I cannot get into the resources, just like you. You should check back with the website daily, and check with the library for past/historic data in case it is in a school database or file. If the Census website does not return before the day-before the due date of the exam, and the library does not have reference materials, current or historic, then your analysis will be limited to your research and the three-company analysis. Under these unfortunate circumstances and if they persist, the limited analysis will be acceptable for the exam.
- The researched information in part 1 will help to guide you in deciding which company can achieve its stated mission and or vision, this decision is backed up by the financial and ratio analysis, and industry analysis.
IMPORTANT FROM HERE
Graded content - the following information must show up in the above described paper.
#1- Written conceptual analysis, graded-
Use your companies and industry research. (Google and of all other forms of researching methods) to explain which company you chose to invest in; to describe the company's financial health; and how it is positioned in the industry and for the future.
You should state what the companies are trying to accomplish (the mission statement is one of purpose) and how they intend to accomplish their objectives (the vision statement explains how the objectives will be accomplished). These statements become the conditions that you use to justify your selection of furniture retailer.
Note:The financial analysis gives you the ammunition to rationalize "how" you chose to NOT select two companies and "how" you did select the one furniture retailer to invest in. Numbers do not lie, so make this part the "black-and-white, unarguable part" of your paper.
#2- Written financial statements analysis, graded
#3- Written ratios calculations and analysis, graded
#4- Written industry benchmarks and analysis, graded
#5- Create a visual image or diagram that compliments your analysis. Add a caption, just enough to help the viewer focus onto your point. It summarizes the story to the right-brain, what the left-brain produced in literal form in the report. It should make what you've written that's backed up by your calculations, very clear and easy to understand to the eye. (Imagine the charging bull in the center of Broadway in the Wall Street Section of lower Manhattan. Most people understand it to mean a strong, charging stock market, representing the ideals of a free capital based market, that is the choice of economic system for the USA.)
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 7 Words: 1820 References: 10 Citation Style: Harvard Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: Financial statement analysis about Ford Motor Company (F)
Initial Examination of Financial Status of Ford.
I Quantitative Ratio Analysis: Examine the range of financial ratios for the most recently reported fiscal year.
- most of these are available on-line (use Google Finance or Yahoo Finance). Year-end 2010 data should be available and sufficient for Ford Motor.
-Q1 data (financial statements for the period ending March, 31 2011) should be employed to update the analysis for firms reporting on standard calendar quarters(Mar, June, Sept, Dec)
-later you will return to more depth look at financial ratios, identify key indicators of financial performance (compare to industry and market norms, look for trends, etc.) provide a recommendation concerning the value (stock price) for the company
II After preliminary examination of financial data:
Begin process of provide an overview of the current economic climate in the U.S. and an overview of the stock market in general. Indicate opposing views (bulls and Bears)...on both economy and market....you will ultimately identify with one view on each.
III provide a brief overview of which the automotive industry
IV Qualitative Assessment: Describe the firms apperent strengts and weaknesses (SWOT); primary competition; major threats and opportunities; key developements (including marketing and technology related)
V Technical Evaluation: Indicate the past 5-year price range of the componys stock price; indicate current average trading volume. Are there any short term trading ranges that are identifiable?
VI Valuation Analysis: Use industry norms for the price multiples of earnings, book value, sales revenue and cash flow....see how Ford compares to industry and the market
Some obvious Sources
FOrd Company Web Site
Google Finance and Yahoo Finance
The quality of the paper is better than the quantity. So please just do it if you are sure to cope with the required content. A copy and paste essay is not useful here. If you cope something you should summerize it and put it in quotes.The authour must be familiar with Finance.
At the end of the essay a personal opinion is required.
Financial statements and other data generated by corporate financial reporting should help useres develop answers to for example: Would an investment generate attractive returns?
What is the degree of risk inherent in the investment? Should existing investing holdings be liquited? Will cash flow be sufficient to service interest and principal pyments on debt?
Does the company provide a good opportunity for employment, advancement, and employee benefits?
How well does this company compete in its operating environment? Is this firm a good prospect as a customer?
If you need further informations or you got problems with the deadline contact me as soon as possible.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 3 Words: 850 Works Cited: 3 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you do the following:
? Identify the four basic financial statements.
? Describe the purpose of each of the four financial statements.
? Discuss how the financial statements would be useful to internal users such as managers and employees.
? Discuss how the financial statements would be useful to external users such as investors and creditors.
Use as a reference: Kimmel, P.D., Weygandt, J.J., & Kieso, D.E. (2010). Financial accounting: Tools for business decision making (5th ed). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
Format the paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 3 Words: 793 Bibliography: 3 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: Requested Writer: infoceo
Financial Statement Differentiation
Paper of NO MORE THAN 700 words discussing the four different types of financial statements. Explain the information provided by each financial statement and include your responses to the following questions:
? Which financial statement, or statements, would be of most interest to investors?
? Which financial statement, or statements, would be of most interest to creditors?
? Which financial statement, or statements, would be of most interest to management?
Format consistent with APA guidelines.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..