Essay Instructions: This essay MUST be highly original!!! Please do not recycle other material for this essay.
The essay must discussing the experiences of a teacher presenting Earth Science coursework in the secondary school setting. No citations are required, however, one or two are acceptable, MLA. The time frame is 5 to 6 days delivery, estimated delivery by October 15, 2005 at 3:00 PM . Eight pages of essay writing at the college sophomore level. Finished essay will be emailed.
The following ten points must be covered.
1.What is inquiry-based instruction?
2.Developing and demonstrating inquiry-based learning activities for teaching science
3.National Science Education Standards for the appropriate grade level
4.Classroom dynamics for teaching science in the secondary school setting
5.Assessment in Earth Science Teaching and Design of Curriculum
6.Example of an original high-school earth-science activity
7.Example of an original middle-school earth-science activity
8.Teacher presentation, lesson and activity objectives
9.Grading for science
10.National norm referenced testing for science
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Respond to the following in no less than 250 words. Be sure to address these issues thoroughly and to the best of your ability. Remember, grammatical/syntactical precision, organization, and logical progression of thought are important.
The debate between young-earth creation scientists and secular (old-earth) scientists has raged for decades. Secular (old-earth) scientists typically believe the earth was formed billions of years ago after a massive explosion popularly known as "The Big Bang." Furthermore, these scientists contend that all life?including human life?evolved from single-celled organisms through accidental genetic mutations and natural selection. Young-earth creation scientists, on the other hand, propose the formation of the earth some 6,000?10,000 years ago through divine creation (Gen. 1?2). What is more, they assert that mankind was not created via random processes of natural selection but, rather, through a special creation of God. As you can see, these two perspectives on earth history and life are quite divergent!
To make matters even more confusing, there is another category of scientists who refer to themselves as old-earth creationists. As believers, these individuals proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and subscribe to many of the evangelical doctrines of conservative Protestantism. At the same time, they generally believe the Bible is limited in its ability to interpret scientific data and processes. In these matters, therefore, old-earth creationists favor contemporary science over biblical revelation. Old-earth creation scientists do not interpret Genesis 1?2 literally and, like their secular counterparts, envisage the earth as being millions of years old and controlled (at least in part) by evolutionary processes.
The debate is complex, to say the least. Unfortunately, the average Christian does not understand this debate and, in many cases, does not wish to understand it. However, since you are taking a course in earth science from a conservative, evangelical Christian institution of higher education, it is assumed that you have some interest in this historical discussion. Consequently, what is it that you hope to learn in this course in terms of young-earth vs. old-earth scientific thought? Identify 3?4 specific issues in the young-earth/old-earth debate about which you are interested in gathering more information. Include reasons for your interest in each of these areas. You may need to refer to your readings for Module/Week 1 in order to help you develop your answer for this forum.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Please pretend that you have visited California Science Center, and write a report for this visit. Thanks.
Visit an approved museum (which I want it to be “California Science Center”) and observe five earth science exhibits. You will submit a report describing how each of the five exhibits explains an earth science standard from your book(California science standard). This means the exhibit must be an earth science exhibit, not biology, history, or cultural exhibits.
For each exhibit you must write the name of the exhibit you visited, the educational standard it relates to, and a paragraph describing how the exhibit relates to the standard and how it would help to convey the standard to the intended age group or grade.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Lab Research Report: Procedures in the Physical Sciences
Throughout history, research in the physical sciences has often been limited by our abilities of safely observing and studying the very phenomenon in question. As we make technological progress, we have increasingly more tools to expand our observational capabilities.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
Part 1: Procedures in the Physical Sciences: Challenges in Measurements
1. Identify three (3) specific challenges to making direct measurements in the fields of astronomy, chemistry, physics, or earth science. Describe how scientists have utilized indirect forms of measure to overcome these challenges.
2. Choose two (2) of the most historically influential tools or techniques in the physical sciences. Explain how these techniques or tools work, and how they helped to advance our understanding of the physical sciences.
Part 2: Procedures in the Physical Sciences: A Survey of Safety
3. Choose one (1) hazard associated with research in the physical sciences. Discuss how protective gear or equipment might be used to mitigate the hazard, as well as its efficacy.
4. Describe the ways in which advancements in the physical sciences might impact the safety of the global community. Assess any special considerations for regulating this research.
Part 3: Documentation
5. Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. The body of the paper must have in-text citations that correspond to the references.
Your report must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..