Total Pages: 3 Words: 1061 Works Cited: 2 Citation Style: APA Document Type: Essay
Essay Instructions: Organizing at Dell Computers
We all remember Dell Computers and most of us may have used them. It wa a very successful company. It was known for shipping directly to the consumer, which enabled very competitive prices.
But times changed in the PC industry.? Dell Computers experienced major losses.
But Michael Dell, its founder, returned to the helm and is mastermining a turnaround.
Our main focus is the organizinghappening nowadays at Dell Computers.
Please write a three to four? page paper. Please answer this main question:
Can Michael Dell be successful in turning around Dell Computers? What are some of the main initiatives (related to Organizing) that Dell? has implemented in order to turn? Dell Computers around?
Dell's Extreme Makeover
Edwards, C. (2009) Dell's Extreme MakeOver. Business Week, New York, N.Y., October 15, 2009
Please also visit Dell Computers site and conduct further research, for instance by reading some of the latest news about the company.
? Please first read in-depth the Background Materials.
? Identify key concepts (main aspects of Organizing, such as design/structures, teams, etc), make a list of them, and study them.
? Read the case in Business Week in-depth and conduct additional research, if necessary.
? Identify facts in the case that match the concepts of organizing such as:
? Apply these concepts to facts in the case in order to develop your arguments.
? Use Tips for Good Writing! Make sure to have an introduction, a main body with as many sections as identified concepts of reorganization design, etc (see my hints), and conclusions
These are some suggestions about some of the Dell initiatives!
? Organizational restructuring based upon customers into business groups
? A newly hired executive team
? New Culture
? New Strategies to reach customers and how they reflect in organizing (such as opening stores, etc). remember they used to ship directly to customers in their good old das!
In order to develop good business communication skills, it is recommended you write papers using the following structure, using headlines and titles.
Introduction (road map,? explain main issue and list and main points)
Main Body: Develop each point in the Introduction, applying theory to facts, in subsections (one subsection per main point).
In this case, subsections should be based upon main Dell organizing changes, such as new structure in business groups/units with added responsibilities, new hiring policies, etc.? as wel as a discussion section!
Conclusions: Summarize main paper points
List of references.
Citing your Sources:
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Name the Organization or Company you have chosen to examine, and other background information in a 1-2 paragraph summary. The Organization that we will be utilizing is Dell Computers. (Must read information gathered on the enclosed paper.
For Dell Computers
1. List your primary target markets (TM?s) and name and define them.
TM 1 ?Yuppies? Professional, fashion-forward, upwardly mobile. ..
2. List your primary product categories and name and define them.
Paper Products Innovative greeting cards, stationary, and gift-wrap
3. Then, create a Product-Market Grid with each market down the side, and each product category across the top that illustrates which markets and products are served by your selected organization. Below is an example of a 3x3 matrix (3 products and 3 markets). Substitute your own titles for ?markets? and ?products? in the table you create, and use as many columns and rows as you need.
In the model above, ?Cell 1? has been identified. Each of the blank spaces is called a ?cell?. Look at your table, and ask yourself the following questions, for each cell.
You do not need to write out answers to the questions below for this assignment. These questions are provided to help you think about analyzing and justifying your responses to the assignment.
? Does this market buy in this product category?
? Why or why not?
? How important is this cell to my overall business?
? Do I have competitive advantage in this market with this product?
? How is this competitive advantage manifested? (e.g. In the examples above, perhaps that my paper products serve yuppies very well because they are more innovative and of a higher quality than my competitors? products are.)
In terms of an illustration, the following matrix was prepared for a store that sells ice-cream.
1Ice Cream Cones
1Ice Cream Cakes
Soft Serve Frozen Yogurt
Fresh Baked Items
DINKS (Dual Income/No Kids)
1Core products?Marble Slab?s an expert in making super premium ice cream?these products are the best sellers across the target market
2Rarely sold to these individuals?product there to offer more of a variety
3Biggest purchaser of items in this category
You will use this Product-Market grid throughout this 5-Module SLP exercise, so try very hard to refine it to reflect your business in the best way possible.
4. Describe and analyze your business relative to its competitors, the major variables at work, and competitive advantage issues. Does the competitor you are describing have an advantage relative to resources, costs, markets, products, prices, distribution, and/or promotion?
Please answer this question in a three page paper
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: I WOULD LIKE WRITERGRRL101 TO COMPLETE THIS REQUEST IF SHE IS AVAILABLE. THANK YOU.
Prepare a detailed future market condition analysis of Dell Computers. Including the following information: market structure, impact of new companies entering the market, prices, productivity, cost structure, price elasticity of demand, future competitors, competitors strengths and weaknesses related to Dell, impact of government regulations, and supply and demand.
On a seperate note (seperate page following the above paper), prepare a group of final recommendations which include the following:
3) Composition of inputs
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Use Dell Computers
1) Name the Organization or Company you have chosen to examine, and give its address and other background information in a 1-2 paragraph summary.
2) Give the organization?s mission statement. If they do not have a mission statement, analyze information about the company and write a statement for them that includes what they do, who they serve, and how they serve them (i.e., what value they provide, or what values underlie the organization).
3) Create a list or table of the major product or service categories that the company produces/sells, with an explanation of each.
4) Create a list of competitors for the business (if it is small) or a product category (if the company is quite large). Explain how each competitor competes (their strategies or competitive advantages). In terms of the marketing mix, are they competing in terms of product, price, promotion, or place? A table might be useful for this information.
5) Research the industry in which your company operates and provide a several- paragraph (or bulleted list with explanations) overview of the primary issues affecting your industry (with citations and outside references).
6) Discuss your company's position in the market place relative to competitors, and anything else that you believe contributes to communicating your understanding of your business relative to its industry and to its primary competitors. Review the matrices in www.quickmba.com (e.g., the Ansoff marketing warfare matrix, Porter's three generic strategies, the GE matrix, the BCG matrix) and apply 1-2 of these to your company of interest)*.
7) List what you believe the two primary attributes are on which your business competes (such as quality and price) and create a positioning map showing where you are relative to competitors on these two criteria. In terms of a positioning map. You should see that Positioning is part of the overall Marketing Plan - Positioning includes Target Segments, Competitive Stance and Usage incentive. In terms of creating a Position Map ---Go to www.mamma.com This is a meta search engine site and a scholar search engine. Type in 'Position Map' and visit various sites to see examples. This site will never fail you....learn to meta search --my side lesson for today.
4 Page paper
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..