Essay Instructions: 1. Title page if APA style
2. 1,500 word essay with an introduction, body and conclusion
3. In-text citations for your sources (as necessary)
4. A minimum of two quotes
5. References or Works Cited page
6. Give an account of Credit Card debt and the role it plays
7. Discuss the below annotated biographies with account that each bring positive outlook for future investors (cant use these as a source)
8. Evaluate the work of professionals and the recent contributions of the authors chosen
Chen, C. & Huang, J. (2009). Strategic human resource practices and innovation performance ? The mediating role of knowledge management capacity. Journal of Business Research 62(1): 104-14.
These researchers used performance measures from a sample of nearly 150 different companies and regression analysis to determine the relationship between human resources management, innovation, and organizational success. Building strategy from a human resources perspective was shown to increase the amount of knowledge capacity in the organization and the efficiency of knowledge transfer and knowledge management, and this led to increased innovation and performance. The authors conclude that knowledge acts as an important bridge between human resources and innovation as well as firm success, and they suggest ways for managers to use this knowledge and provide an outline for further research to be conducted. This source is very valuable in terms of suggesting why organizational control is important, but though it provides some practical advice for how to achieve effective control this is not entirely relevant to the research at hand. Still, it does provide some insight into how to bring about firm success through organizational control.
Luse, D. (2009). An Examination of College Students? Awareness of Social Web Site Usage and Employability. Journal of Academic Administration in Higher Education 5(1): 21-26.
This study did not directly address workplace issues, but rather examined a human resource issue that is being faced by organizations and new employees alike. Many college students, according to the findings of this study, do not appreciate the fact that their use of social media websites such as MySpace and Facebook can reflect on their personalities and on their employers, and that this use can thus limit their future employment capabilities. It is now standard for employers to look for ?digital dirt? on prospective employees using a variety of means that are all legal and readily available to the public, and compromising information or images can be very influential in their decisions. High rates of usage of these social media sites combined with a lack of awareness about their influence on hiring decisions and other employment capabilities means individual workers are left with much harder prospects and organizations are faced with more difficulty finding suitable talent for their business image. This source provides very interesting insights into the many types of issues that must be taken into consideration when examining human resources issues, and though not initially seen as directly applicable, further examination shows that this source provides some useful background and commentary on the research area.
Mitsuhashi, H. & Greve, H. (2009). A Matching Theory of Alliance Formation and Organizational Success: Complementarity and Compatibility. The Academy of Management Journal 52(5): 975-95.
Examining the way in which different organizations can form alliances that work to their mutual benefit, these authors found that certain elements of organizational structure and the manner in which they facilitate interpersonal relationships have a major impact on the way relationships can be formed between organizations. Networked organizations rather than concentrated and isolated firms were better at forming inter-organizational relationships, and this led to more effective market strategies for both firms involved. Networked organizations also supported more active communication and smaller-scale networking within organizations, which meant the building of more interpersonal relationships that were more frequently enforced, perhaps having a direct effect on the ability to form inter-organizational relationships. This resource shows how deeply and intensely issues of human resource management and control an affect an organization in very far-reaching manners that affect and are affected by culture, structure, strategy, and more.
Becker, M. (2008). Handbook of Organizational Routines. Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar.
This book contains an abundance of material concerning many different aspects and operations typical of many organizations as well as a discussion and description of many theoretical frameworks and various explanations of organizational behavior and control. By organizing the book according to categories of ?routines,? Becker covers many of the points necessary in the running and maintenance of a typical business organization from both abstract/theoretical and a more concrete and practical perspective. The basic premise of the book is that organizations are controlled through an understanding of the different activities they perform and the way these activities are performed and the way they interact, and through this practical means of effecting organizational control and change can be developed. This resource is directly relevant to the research area, and provides comprehensive information on the topic.
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 4 Words: 1382 References: 3 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: I would like to order a 1000 word minimum persausive essay on one of the following six topics.
1. Credit card companies should not be on campus marketing to college students.
2. A consumer's interest rate for credit card debt should not be based on their credit score.
3. Credit scores are a fair measure to help lenders estimate potential risk.
4. Most americans should not use credit cards
5. Renting an apartment is a better option than buying a house.
6. In the United States, we do not need to plan for retirement. Social Security will cover our needs when we are retired.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: THIS IS FOR AN ESSAY CONTEST: http://www.alliantpromos.org/pdf/scholarship/J190MembersScholarshipApplicationR0214.pdf
A statement of personal goals (100 words maximum)
Educational and Career Goals:
Graduate from Nuclear Medicine program in fall of 2015 (September)
Obtain a career in the field of Nuclear Medicine Technology at Kaiser Permanente
Achieve Financial Goals:
- Pay off Credit Card debt - and staying out of debt
- Accumulating enough savings to handle an emergency situation
- Ensuring that your parents are comfortable and well taken care of in their old age
- Continue building up my retirement account
Personal Health Goals:
-Achieve my peak physical ability; maintain physical exercise routine. Being physically fit.
-Eat healthy and nutritious meals, maintain a healthy weight.
An essay on ?What does belonging to Alliant Credit Union mean to me?? (250 words maximum)
Write a short story on what belonging to Alliant Credit Unions mean to me, You can say ANYTHING, but make it stand out from the crowd of other essay entries. Essay is due quickly so please just write ANYTHING.
Info: I have been a member of Alliant Credit Union since 8/8/2006. I have a checking/savings/ credit card. I made a loan and bought my first car with them in 2009 (Chevy Blazer).
I will list some quick benefits of Alliant CU you might add:
As an Alliant Credit Union member you will enjoy:
Industry leading savings dividend rate
Below-market auto, home, personal and student loan rates
Year round 24-hour toll-free personal Customer Service (not available on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day)
Free online banking & Bill Pay1
Access to over 75,000 surcharge free ATMs nationwide2
Free budget and financial counseling
Excerpt From Essay:
Total Pages: 4 Words: 1369 Bibliography: 5 Citation Style: MLA Document Type: Research Paper
Essay Instructions: Fiscal Policy: Government Expenditures and Revenues, Budget, National Debt
Macro-economic choices, particularly in the areas of fiscal policy, are not just about economics but about political philosophies, values and goals. This Case asks you to think about some of these dimensions.
The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) prepares reports for congress. It is a non-partisan office.
For this Case, please read "The Budget Outlook" section of the CBO's The Budget and Economic Outlook: Fiscal Years 2009 to 2019 normal;" dated January 2009, at:
The specific information you need for this Case is on page 16 in Table 5. However, there is a great deal of interesting information in this document and I encourage you to look through it and see what it contains.
For question 4 you can access the proposals from the President's Commission on Deficit Reduction.
1. What are the three major categories of revenues for the federal government? Please comment on each and indicate their relative importance to each other. Relative importance can be indicated by dollar amounts, percent of total revenue or expenditure or, though less informative, by ranking.
2. What are the three major categories of expenditures for the federal government? Please comment on each and indicate their relative importance to each other. Relative importance can be indicated by dollar amounts, percent of total revenue or expenditure, or, though less informative, by ranking.
3. Assume you are the Chief Economic Advisor to the President of the United States and the President has asked you to review the deficit reduction proposals that were submitted by his commission (see link above). Choose the two commission recommendations you agree with the most and the two you disagree with the most, and write an explanation to the President explaining your 4 choices. Please be detailed rather than general in your recommendation.
4. Below is a link to the concepts of aggregate demand (AD) and aggregate supply (AD). Use this information to answer parts A thru D on AD and AS (additional links to this area are in the bibliography section of the syllabus):
A. Describe the AD, AS equilibrium point.
B. If the federal government reduces the budget deficit by reducing spending, assume nothing else changes, what affect what affect would that have on the AD?
C. American consumers currently have a high level of credit card debt, on average. If consumers decided to reduce their spending on products and services and, instead, used that money to reduce their debt, what affect would this have on AD and AS?
D. When the federal government offered the "cash for clunkers" car program, how did the affect AD and AS?
5. All major economic indicators show the United States is recovering from the recession but that the process is not as strong as previous recoveries have been. If you were the President what would you do right now to help the economy recover so that the unemployment rate decreases faster than it has over the past two years? I would like specific suggestions or at least fairly defined generalities.
Case assignment expectations:
Use information from the modular background readings as well as any good quality resource you can find. Make sure you cite all resources you use and provide a reference list at the end of your paper.
LENGTH: 4 typed and double-spaced pages.
In addition to the overall quality, depth, grammar, and organization of the paper, the following will, in particular, be assessed:
1. Analytical skills that allow you to draw conclusions, questions 3,4 and 5 on federal budget projections.
2. Critical thinking skills, question 5, on formulating policy about budgetary matters.
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..