Use APA formatting.
No Abstracts needed.
Must provide 2 references minimum for each section (1-8) for a total of 16 references.
All references must be credible sources.
5 of 16 references must be cited from textbooks.
Total 4750 words minimum (not including references)
This is a capstone paper in business and management that includes the gradual development of a comprehensive and integrative business plan.
This paper should demonstrate critical thinking, effective communication, leadership, and global awareness in the area of Management, marketing, accounting, finance, economics, global perspectives, law, and political issues.
1. Overview for the Capstone Project The Capstone Project will consist of the creation of a market entry or a market expansion plan. A new software company XYZ (specializing in Operation Systems) will be the business for this capstone paper.
Create an Overview draft (500 words maximum)
• Briefly describe the context of an imaginary software business ( Specializing in - Operation System like Microsoft, Linux, Mac OS).
• Articulate the vision, mission, and strategy
of the organization (or business unit or division).
• Describe the sources of competitive advantage
• Describe the nature of the business opportunity
2. Environment Analysis and Industry Analysis for the Capstone Project . Based on the organization selected, write the Environmental Analysis and Industry Analysis sections of the Capstone Project
Environmental Analysis and Industry Analysis
Using the Segments of the General Environment write the environmental analysis of your Capstone Project (500 word maximum.)
• Incorporate the Five Forces of Competition to help write the Industry analysis of your Capstone Project.
• Use the CAGE model (if you are entering global or international markets) applicable) to help you write the industry analysis of your Capstone Project.
• What do you see as being the trends, outlook or forecast for the type of organization that you are writing about in your Capstone Project?
3. Based on the organization, write a Marketing Plan.
Marketing Plan for the Capstone Project
Based on the organization selected, write a (750 to 1000 words) Marketing Plan.
• What is the size of the potential target market?
• Describe the 4Ps of marketing in the organization (product/positioning, pricing, promotion, and placement)?
4. Organizational Plan for the Capstone Project Review the "Capstone Project" document. Based on the organization selected for this module, you will write an Organizational Plan.
Based on the organization selected, for this module write a Organizational Plan (750 word maximum) that addresses the following:
• Describe who will comprise the management team and what talents or skills each of the team members will bring to the organization. Include a simple organizational chart.
• Outline a McKinsey 7-S Assessment/Model as it applies to your business.
• Describe the Business level strategy
and how it fits with the corporate level strategy
5. Operational Plan for the Capstone Project Review the "Capstone Project" document. Based on the organization selected, write an Operational Plan (500 words maximum).
Based on the organization write a (500 word maximum) Operational Plan that addresses the following (guidelines):
• What is the supply chain for your prospective organization? Where does your organization bring value in this supply chain?
• Who are your main partners and suppliers? What are their locations? What is your contingency plan?
• How will you optimize operational effectiveness in your organization? How will you ensure your firm is lean?
• Consider your operational plan from a value chain perspective and identify and discuss the primary and support activities.
6. Project Review the "Capstone Project" document. Based on the organization selected, write a Financial Plan (500 words maximum plus spreadsheet(s) that addresses the following guidelines:
• Create a Pro Forma income statement for your organization if applicable.
• What will be your financial break-even point?
• Calculate the COGS for your organization.
• How will you use financial information to help you craft your business strategy
• What key financial ratio will you be using to measure the performance
• of your organization to determine success?
• Use Microsoft Excel for all computations where applicable. Ensure
• that the Excel file includes the associated cell computations in order
• to receive full credit. Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines. An abstract is not required.
7. Critical Risks Assessment and Milestones Schedule for the Capstone Project Review the "Capstone Project" document. Based on the organization you have
selected, this week you will write a Critical Risk Assessment and Milestones Schedule (500 words maximum plus a spreadsheet).
8. Strategic Leadership and Entrepreneurship for the Capstone Project
Based on the organization you have selected, write a (500 word maximum) Strategic Leadership and Entrepreneurship section that addresses the following topics:
• What is your sphere of influence in your organization? Based on this, what impact can you have on the implementation of your business plan?
• What is your own bias?
• What hurdles do you anticipate?
• What leadership style(s) will you have to demonstrate? Where do you fall short?
• What are your strengths and weaknesses as it relates to your business?
• How can you impact and influence others and your future organization to deliver the results you expect?
Final Revised Capstone Business Plan Project Revise the Overview written into an executive summary of business plan. Include a few sentences to describe each section of the business plan so the reader can understand what will follow in the detailed sections of the plan. Integrate the plan’s components developed in each module into a finalized strategic business plan.
9. Executive Summary
Revise the Overview of the initial Executive Summary of business plan.
a) Include a few sentences to describe each section of the Business Plan so the reader can understand what will follow in the detailed sections of the plan.
10. Finalize the Strategic Business Plan
Ensure Integrate plan components are developed in each section and present in a finalized Strategic Business plan.
[ Order Custom Essay ]
[ View Full Essay ]
Bangs, DH, & Henricks, M. (2005). Business Plans Made Easy, 3rd Edition. Irvine, California: Entrepreneur Press.
Cadle, J., Paul, D., & Yeates, D. (2010). Business Analysis, 2nd Edition. Swindon: British Informatics Society
Canzer, B. (2006). E-business: strategic thinking and practice, 2nd Edition. Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
Daft, R.L. (2011). Understanding Management, 7th Edition. Mason, OH: South-Western.
DuBrin, a.J. (2009). Essentials of Management, 8th Edition. Mason, OH: Thomson Business & Economics.
Havaldar, K.K. (2010). Business Marketing: Text and Cases, 3rd Edition. New Delhi: Tata McGraw Hill Education Private Ltd.
Jobber, D. (2009). Principles and Practice of Marketing, 6th Edition. U.K: McGraw Hill
Kotler, P., & Armstrong, G. (2008). Principles of Marketing, 11th Edition. U.S.: Prentice Hall
Kurtz, D.L., & Boone, L.E. (2011). Contemporary Business, 13th Edition. Hoboken, N.J: Wiley.
Kurtz, D.L., MacKenzie, H.F., & Snow, K. (2010). Contemporary Marketing, 2nd Edition. Toronto: Nelson Education
Lancaster, G., & Withey, F. (2007). Marketing Fundamentals, 2nd Edition. U.K: Butterworth-Heinemann
Lamb, C., Hair, J., & McDaniel, C. (2012). Essentials of Marketing, 7th Edition. Ohio: South-Western Cengage Learning
Lussier, R.N. & Achua, C.F. (2010). Leadership: Theory, Application, Skill Development, 4th Edition. Australia: South-Western.
McDonald, M. (2011). Marketing plans: how to prepare them, how to use them, 7th edition. Chichester: Wiley, 2011.
Mu-hlbacher, H., Dahringer, L., & Leihs, H. (2006). International Marketing: a Global Perspective, 3rd Edition. London: Thomson Learning
Paley, N. (2006). The Manager's Guide to Competitive Marketing Strategies, 3rd Edition. London: Thorogood Corporation
Sanders, N.R. (2007). The Benefits of Using E-Business Technology: The Supplier Perspective, Journal of Business Logistics, 28 (2): 177-207.
The New York Times, (2011). Phones try to stand out in a crowd. Retrieved on May 10th, 2013, from