Essay Instructions: To the Writer,
Hi,this is Khan.This is a final research paper of ENG:303. My overall grade is depending on it.This paper has to have a strong thesis.Whithout a good thesis, this paper will not be evaluated.Please use very simple vocabulary.
NB:I have choosen the topic Corpore Crime.If you have any good research paper, you can send it to me.Then,you do not have to write the "Corporate Crime".I need a research paper related with accounting.However,I will pay $50.00 for that.If you have any question,please contact with me as soon as possible.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: 10 pages discussing these as main ideas:
-brief history of corporate crimes
if possible, any info regarding corp crimes dating back to early 1900. this can be brief, paragraph or 2.
-reasons why corporate crime is so prevalent in recent years.
-discuss certain types of fraudulent activities that are most common among executives only. EXCLUDE cybercrimes.
-briefly discuss frauds concerning Worldcom, Tyco, and Merrill Lynch & what could have been done to prevent it. do not base the entire paper on these companies but more on the overall concept of corporate crimes.
-no more than 3 paragraphs (or less than 1 page) concerning the role of auditors in detecting fraud
-no more than 1 page concerning the Sarbanes-Oxley and its relation to prevention of corporate crimes. pros and cons.
-Warning signs of corporate fraud
Please provide 2 references from websites & 2 from magazines. The other 2 can be of your choice.
citation requirements - 10
quotation requirements - 6
Additional information, please contact me via email.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Topic: In 2000 Words: How does the Australian criminal justice system respond to white collar and corporate crime? What are the strengths and weaknesses of this response?
A note on sources:
Must use min of 1 from BookPages1/2/3 (attached) AND min of 1 from White-collar Crime Resource 1 PDF (attached) the remaining 7/OR min of 6 from Academic Journals/ academic books and book chapters. Must also use APA In text cite.
• library on-line databases to find relevant refereed
Journal articles. Any of the following might be useful: Proquest, Expanded
Academic, Social Sciences Index, Jstor. Get some help from the library if you are
• Introductions are always important (say why the topic is important? explain how you will tackle it?).
• Develop an informed argument or point of view (this means you indicate clearly that you have sources/references for what you say).
• Avoid simply ‘lifting’ materials off websites ??" especially if the material is simply descriptive stuff, or PR material for some government department, that really does not add to your ‘critical’ analysis of the problem.
• In the end, there is no substitute for careful thinking and planning ??" and taking care with your written expression. It is always advisable to start the assignment several weeks before it is due ??" and gradually refine each draft you write ??" from first rough draft to the final polished product.
• Normal academic conventions apply for essay writing ??" including proper referencing
• Check out any weeks in the study guide that might be relevant to your topic before going too far with preparing your essay.
• In formulating your response to the question, you should ensure that your essay includes sufficient background content. Background content includes a definition of the type of crime, the type/s of behaviour included and the importance of the crime type for society (extent and costs to society).
• Ensure your essay explores how the criminal justice system responds (that is, what the government (i.e., law-making), police, courts and corrections do to respond to the type of crime under investigation. Ideas about how the system responds to each of the types of crime are provided below:
• For white collar and corporate crime, this would include specific legislation (proceeds of crime; whistle-blower legislation); investigative agencies (AFP, ACCC, ASIC, ICAC and CMC); and the role of self-regulation.
• Make sure you provide an overview of the strengths and weaknesses of the response. This should include an examination of how effective the specific strategies are (if information is available). Many of the weaknesses of the response will be related to the nature of the crime under investigation, and you should explore what these are.
• Treat the criminal justice system as a system ??" you do not have to talk at length about individual components ??" unless you want to concentrate on a particular agency or organisation (eg, corrections) ??" in which case, you should give good reasons. Remember also that sometimes the criminal justice system links with other systems (health, welfare, education) to tackle particular crimes.
• It would be advisable to spend some time (perhaps the first one-third of the essay) describing the problem before looking at the system’s response to it.
• Most general books on criminology and criminal justice usually have chapters on these (but NOT our set textbook which looks more at the system in general and its parts). But, remember that there are some references on this course site (for each type of crime we look at), and this should give you a start. Library/net searches should produce plenty of materials.
• Always avoid in any essay making it sound like you happened to find a good reading in the area at the last minute (in the above case, say, domestic violence) and so you are now writing your whole essay based on this one source.
There are faxes for this order.
Excerpt From Essay:
Essay Instructions: Guidance
White collar crime can vary in its definitions; ensure that you critically consider this in this essay. It is ok to concentrate on one or two types of white collar crime or to relate this question to a particular type of organisation in order to give some focus to the essay. This question requires an appraised discussion on white collar crime and an examination of preventative measures, which will require consideration of both theoretical perspectives and their application in terms of crime prevention.
Essay should be academic in nature and critically address the issue not just superficially.
Do not use website or online materials as resources or references. Please do only reference academic books. Use of academic journals should be limited to 5 sources only; all others (20) should be academic books.
I may upload some materials if can find some, especially the books but no guarantees/promises
Some reference Books:
Dodd, N. J. (2003) ''Troublemakers' and 'Nothing to Lose' Employee Offenders Identified from a Corporate Crime Data Sample' in M. Gill (ed) Managing Security: Crime at Work Volume III, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan,.
Levi, M. (2006) 'Combating White-Collar and Organized Economic Crimes: Some Reflections on the Role of Security', in M. Gill (ed) The Handbook of Security, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
Levi, M. (1998) 'The Craft of the Long-Firm Fraudster: Criminal Skills and Commercial Responses', in M. Gill (ed) Crime at Work: Increasing the Risk for Offenders, Volume II, Basingstoke: Palgrove Macmillan.
More Books, articles
Nelken, D. (2010) 'White-collar and corporate crime' in M. Maguire, R. Morgan and R. Reiner (eds) The Oxford Handbook of Criminology (5th Edition), Oxford: Oxford University Press, 623-659.
Coleman, J. W. (1987) 'Toward an Integrated Theory of White-Collar Crime', The American Journal of Sociology , 93 (2), pp. 406-439.
Simpson and Piquero (2002) 'Low self-control, organizational theory, and corporate crime' Law & Society Review 36 (3) pp509-548.
Shover, N. and Hochstetter, A. (2006) Choosing White Collar Crime , Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Other possible Resources
White collar crime Radio 4 podcasts http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/factual/thinkingallowed/thinkingallowed_crime_deviancy.shtml
Three podcasts by Professor Laurie Taylor on White Collar Crime available via this link:
White collar crime 1 - The Culture of Crime, broadcast on 4 Nov 09
White collar crime 2 - The Regulators, broadcast 13 Nov 09
White collar crime - Punishment, broadcast 18 Nov 09
Centre for Retail Research http://www.retailresearch.org/global_theft_baromter/index.php
Paul's Justice Page http://www.paulsjusticepage.com/
Home Office crime reduction - business crime http://www.crimereduction.homeoffice.gov.uk/business/businesscrimeminisite01.htm
Home Office - crime reduction toolkits - business and retail crime http://www.crimereduction.homeoffice.gov.uk/toolkits/br00.htm
AABC - Action Against Business Crime http://www.businesscrime.org.uk/
Association for Accountancy and Business Affairs http://www.aabaglobal.org/
British Chambers of Commerce - Business Crime survey 2008 http://www.cw-chamber.co.uk/UserFiles/File/Policy/BCC_Business_Crime_Survey_.pdf
Home Office rds - business crime http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/business-crime.html
UN Office on Drugs and Crime - Organized Crime http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/organized-crime/index.html
Criminal Justice Resources http://staff.lib.msu.edu/harris23/crimjust/orgcrime.htm
Excerpt From Essay:
I really do appreciate HelpMyEssay.com. I'm not a good writer and the service really gets me going in the right direction. The staff gets back to me quickly with any concerns that I might have and they are always on time.
I have had all positive experiences with HelpMyEssay.com. I will recommend your service to everyone I know. Thank you!
I am finished with school thanks to HelpMyEssay.com. They really did help me graduate college..